Laimon vs Ryron results!

I know the Gracie kids give up a lot of points to go for submissions. I cant wait to see the video.

Just got off the phone with Laimon and he said that he slammed him a couple of times and that his foot locks were weak compared to Stevenson.

Good job Laimon!!!

Dude just got back and the whole show was the bomb. Laimon only had some shorts on and Ryron had camo shorts and a world size t shirt on. Laimon did slam him a few times but not to hard. after a bunch of stalls they would break them then flip a coin for top and bottom control. Ryron did have a lot of leg lock attempts but laimon was just to sweaty. All in all a hell of a show with alot of people ion attendance........

wow

How were the points scored?

Despite the scoring system, who appeared to be the better grappler?

here is the scoop

rorion and helio tried to change the rules at the last minute...they wanted an hour fight...helio was ready to leave and cancel the fight...it was very hot and helio almost passed out

an hour and a half delay marc said whatever you want and rorion chose a twenty minute fight with no points for the first 15 min.

marc dominated the point game...marc got the takedown but they had some funky wrestling type rules where they stopped the match and each got a choice at up or down

marc won but played it very safe...marc got accidently kicked iin the balls by ryron and took a needed break...ryron almost heel hooked marc...they rolled about 8 times before marc slipped out

marc was spent, totally gassed by the end of the fight...ryron was in better shape...ryron may have won if the fight would have went another 10 minutes

here is the scoop

rorion and helio tried to change the rules at the last minute...they wanted an hour fight...helio was ready to leave and cancel the fight...it was very hot and helio almost passed out

an hour and a half delay marc said whatever you want and rorion chose a twenty minute fight with no points for the first 15 min.

marc dominated the point game...marc got the takedown but they had some funky wrestling type rules where they stopped the match and each got a choice at up or down

marc won but played it very safe...marc got accidently kicked iin the balls by ryron and took a needed break...ryron almost heel hooked marc...they rolled about 8 times before marc slipped out

marc was spent, totally gassed by the end of the fight...ryron was in better shape...ryron may have won if the fight would have went another 10 minutes

"they [rorion and helio] wanted an hour fight.."

"an hour and a half delay marc said whatever you want and rorion chose a twenty minute fight with no points for the first 15 min."

Huh?

that was the report that i got...rorion wanted an hour fight and there was a big delay and helio almost cancelled the fight

marc eventually said whatever you want and rorion chose a 20 min fight

marc won the point game...takedown pass the guard knee on the stomach etc...but was completetly gassed by the end of 20 min...ryron was in great shape compared to marc...i was told that ryron would have won if it would have been a 30 minute fight

How ABOUT THE OTHER FIGHTS!!!

LOL at people calling the grappling match a fight.

lol at you for thinking we don't know the difference

we should get our money back for the pPV total waste of time Heck I thought it was gunna be live but i tried to get the thing going for an ho9ur Total waste of time

we should get our money back for the pPV total waste of time Heck I thought it was gunna be live but i tried to get the thing going for an ho9ur Total waste of time

I talked to one of the guys there and he said Laimon stalled a lot and ran from the fight. Gay.

People refer to striking events such as boxing or kickboxing as fights. That's merely a portion of the game same as grappling.

If by stalling you mean taking Ryron down and passing his guard then yes he stalled. Ryron did have couple of leglock attempts, which wasn't that tight according to Laimon but other than that he didn't do anything

Hit the correct.

Maybe Useless can shed some light for us.

"Maybe Useless can shed some light for us."

Dont mind if I do! K guys htis is the 411. Helio or Rorion (not sure which) tried to get the rules changed before the fight. I walked in like 5 mins into the convo so Im not sure how the rules got brought up. Anyways they wanted a no time limit submission only match. Marc said that this was unacceptable since they had already decided BEFORE hand that it would be a 30 min time limit under the IGJJF (I think) rules. They went at it back and forth for a pretty good time. It even got to the point to where Rorion sugested that the point limit be raised from 12 to 50!

IN the end this was how the rules were decided. 20 min match, 15 point limit and points would be counted for AFTER the match. Meaning that if in the 6 min mark you're up 15-0 match still continues till either time expires or someone gets submitted. NOW heres where it gets tricky. You get adwarded 1 point for a take down. 3 points for side control. IF someone was playing their guard and after 3 mins the guy coudnt pass the guys guard they would get switced top to bottom and the guy on bottom would recieve 1 point. And heres where the coin flipping came in. If on the feet neither guy was engaging they stoped the match and they flipped a coin. Winner picked top position or bottom position (both starting in the guard).

Now heres how the match went from MY point of view. Laimon took Ryron down with an armdrag and he landed in side control (or maybe he passed off it) either way he ended up in side control. So he got adwarded 4 points. 1 for the take down 3 for side control. From here Ryron recovered and a few mins later Marc got side control again giving him a score of 7-0. They got to their feet and the "coin toss" came into play. Ryron got put in his closed guard and Marc couldnt pass within the 3 min time limit. so they switched top to bottom and gave Ryron 1 point. Score 7-1 in favor of laimon. Marc went for an armdrag from his closed guard and thats when Ryron attacked him with an ankle lock. It took marc a few spins to get out of it but he got out. Everyone was going wild!

Laimon ends up in Ryrons closed guard and Marc picks him up and slams him 2 times in a row. WHICH was LEGAL under the rules. Some how they had a scramble and Marc got kicked in his nuts. Marc took some recovery time. Match restarts and Ryron is in his guard and Marc couldnt pass within the 3 min so they switched top to bottom and gave ryron a point. Score 7-2 Laimon. MArc is playing his guard and he just stood up and got back to his feet. They had a few more scramlbes and Ryron went for a 2 other leg locks but non of them were close (Thats what Marc said after the match). Time expired and laimon won 7-2. It was an awesome match and the atmoshpere inside the gym was AMAZING!

I'll second what useless said - the atmosphere was intense in the gym. The place was packed and people were really into the fight and cheering like crazy at the action.

I don't think it's quite accurate of the people reporting to say that Ryron would have won if it were a 30 min. fight - the only thing he was throwing at Laimon were the few leglock attempts, and they all failed and the only points he scored were from the rule about reversing after 3 min. Laimon seemed to have found a way to neutralize Ryron, and I can't see that having changed if another 10 min. went by.