Laura Sanko making her PPV debut this Saturday alongside DC & Anik the addict

If women’s commentary was so great and women’s MMA was so great then it could stand on its own feet and UFC would do all female shows separate from the men’s cards.

NBA fans and MLB fans are not forced to watch the girls play when the sit down to watch a game.

I don’t mind watching WMMA title fights but I hate how you are forced to watch WMMA if you want to sit down and watch an entire UFC card or sometimes just a main card.

UFC has had WMMA in the UFC for ten years now.

So after a decade of WMMA in the UFC they have not once done a all women’s card.

What does that tell you about the supply and demand for women’s cage fighting?

UFC manages the thin talent pool of WMMA by sliding one to three fights on the men’s cards because they know that won’t be too much for the average viewer to skip the event they want to watch to avoid it.

6 Likes

At least there’s one pic in this thread. She was annoying last night.

1 Like

Lmao

6 Likes

During a PPV,I watch & listen for anything that I don’t like.

Last night she didn’t say anything that I didn’t like or notice,so she is ok in my book.

1 Like

I’m wouldn’t be opposed to the NBA adopting this.

They can eliminate the WNBA altogether and just have them play 10 minute games during half time of NBA games, like they do for little kids sometimes now.

They get to play, nobody has to watch, wins all around!

When Volkov did Ezekiel choke and Laura Sanko commented on its rarity saying that it’s typical to “eastern european guys”… yeah, who beside Oleinik? Oh, did you forget his name? This moment she became Laura Skanko for me, she’s unprofessional. Thank god Volkov gave him a shout out.

Skanko is not ready. Not to mention, I hate listening to women commenting on fights, it’s distracting and annoying. They should comment WMMA, that would be fitting.

4 Likes

If we are going to be force fed a chick in the booth then I’m glad it’s her. She’s not horrible, good sense of humor, and is nice to look at.

Bisping and DC Can be brutal to listen to at times. And I’ll go against the grain here and say Anik is great.

1 Like

I believe there were only 2 other guys that have pulled the Ezekiel in the ufc and they are all eastern euros. Would u be that mad if Rogan or Dom or god forbid DC didn’t know the names?

I thought she showed some moments where she wasn’t as smooth as her interviews or desk commentating but she also better in some ways than the others already who are getting quite stale and most importantly getting it wrong a lot.

Funny how triggering a girl commentating in the ufc is in 2023.

Who? Only Remco Pardoel did it at UFC 7.

That trio of Sanko, DC and Anik is probably the worst commentary team of all time

3 Likes

Don’t remember Remco doing it but it woulda been with a gi. I think some people on here mentioned Oleneik has had a few.

He had many of them, yes. That doesn’t turn him into “multiple eastern euro people”, he’s still one person.

Look, my point is it’s okay if you don’t know. That’s what she’s there for. But she doesn’t know either, and she must know it in her sleep. She’s not passionate about fighting or just doesn’t have what it takes to be a commentator. That one episode shows a vast lack of knowledge that a commentator is expected to have.

DC was by far the worst

Sanko did Ok and solidified her place at ppv booth,

I liked sanko,

Dc is terrible as always.

Anik is fine as the generic corporate guy.

Rogan can be good or can be garbage. Being with DC makes him worse.

Dom Cruz is my favorite way higher level technical info than anyone else.

1 Like

I thought DC was much more tolerable last night. Must be not pairing with Rogan.

2 Likes

Yeah looks like UFC is learning

Can’t stand them both just yelling and shit. Rogan can also stay home with Brendan Shaub and his Yes man crew.

1 Like

She was very pleasant. Low key, professional and technical, no idle chatter. Very enjoyable actually. She hit the nail on the head when she said, I think someone in this or the other thread quoted her saying, that no one wants an excitable shrieking woman commentating. Two :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I wanted to hate her. She did not do bad. Sometimes it sounds like shes speaking out of school, but overall, not a bad job at all. I’m not mad at her. I’d still sleep with her.

2 Likes

Also if DC is gonna try to throw her under the bus on every incorrect comment he is gonna take an absolute beating once she is settled in her seat.

She actually does her homework and Anik will 100% stay on the fence when he makes a mistake which is often because he’s a lazy arse.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind her replacing rogan at all. Joe has been phoning it in for the last few years, doesn’t seem into the sport anymore. And he always over exaggerates after a K.O for the camera. We don’t need that, sanko keeps it professional. She actually has a powerful feminine voice like the pride lady.

1 Like