Lauzon got robbed..

I thought it was an obvious draw.

Suicidalforlife -

Round 3 is not a 10-8 under any scoring criteria. 

Tennessee hasn't adopted the new system yet . Ray would have had to dominate completely , like Joe did in round 1, to get that score.

Judging was bad all night and that fight scored properly is a draw.

This, you have to dominate the entire round to get a 10-8 and ray won round 3 but not every part of it. A 10-8 for ray was a joke. So was the ref warning a guy 3 times for something. One warning is all you should get 

5-10 more seconds and joe wouldve been ko'd.

Draw, second round was close too. No way in hell was round three was a 10-8!

Draw. 1st lauzon 10-8 2nd and 3rd 10-9 Ray.

Robbed? what fight were you watching and do you even know what "robbed" means? It was a close fight and I had it 28-28. Robbed would be winning all three rounds and losing a decision. DRAW!!!

NineFightFour - 
Suicidalforlife -

Tennessee hasn't adopted the new system yet . Ray would have had to dominate completely , like Joe did in round 1, to get that score.

This, you have to dominate the entire round to get a 10-8 and ray won round 3 but not every part of it. A 10-8 for ray was a joke. So was the ref warning a guy 3 times for something. One warning is all you should get 

I keep reading posts saying this, but it's simply not true.

Since 2012 (yes, 2012 not 2017) the criteria for a 10-8 round has been this:

"A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant wins by a large margin, by effective striking and or effective grappling that have great impact on the opponent."

Nothing about dominating an entire round or dominating completely.

Lauzon is the man, but a 10-8 R3 was completely fair.

caposa -
NineFightFour - 
Suicidalforlife -

I keep reading posts saying this, but it's simply not true.

Since 2012 (yes, 2012 not 2017) the criteria for a 10-8 round has been this:

"A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant wins by a large margin, by effective striking and or effective grappling that have great impact on the opponent."

Nothing about dominating an entire round or dominating completely.

Lauzon is the man, but a 10-8 R3 was completely fair.

Did lauzon take ray down and hold him down for 2 minutes or so in round 3? 

One of the most clear cut draws I've seen with that 10-8 round. 

everyone bitched cause there were not enough 10-8 rounds. Now there are, apparently round 3 was 10-8, and people are bitching. Why not surprised.

Re the elbows. Is there a better angle of them? I thought it was hard to tell where exactly he was getting hit with the angle on tv that I saw.

Fujkm - everyone bitched cause there were not enough 10-8 rounds. Now there are, apparently round 3 was 10-8, and people are bitching. Why not surprised.

Re the elbows. Is there a better angle of them? I thought it was hard to tell where exactly he was getting hit with the angle on tv that I saw.

I'd say at least 10 were flat out illegal. The ref warned him after he landed a couple, then he landed a couple more and the ref warned him again, then he landed a couple more. I seriously don't understand the logic of warning someone about the exact same thing multiple times. 

NineFightFour -
Fujkm - everyone bitched cause there were not enough 10-8 rounds. Now there are, apparently round 3 was 10-8, and people are bitching. Why not surprised.

I'd say at least 10 were flat out illegal. The ref warned him after he landed a couple, then he landed a couple more and the ref warned him again, then he landed a couple more. I seriously don't understand the logic of warning someone about the exact same thing multiple times. 

Isn't it along the lines of "if you turn your head away and you get hit, it's on you"?

Chadderz - 
NineFightFour -

Isn't it along the lines of "if you turn your head away and you get hit, it's on you"?

Yep. JLau was eating elbows and deliberately turning his head to try to make them fouls. It's akin to Weidman's foolish and bullshit "fingertips on the floor" defense. It's a fight, fuck off with that pussy shit.

AnthonyWeiner -
Chadderz - 
NineFightFour -

Yep. JLau was eating elbows and deliberately turning his head to try to make them fouls. It's akin to Weidman's foolish and bullshit "fingertips on the floor" defense. It's a fight, fuck off with that pussy shit.

My god you're stupid. Lol

KING Stannis Baratheon -
Hate420 -
Zomby -

Joe got his ass kicked, I am a big fan, but you guys re being delusional here.

Joe is clearly the better fighter, with a much worse has tank. Round 1 showed that last night... It was a complete blowout when both were fresh.

*clearly the better fighter over one round and on the ground.

If their are no such thing as 5 minutes rounds, Joe wins by murder. In the real world, in a real fight.... Ray would be dead right now and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Meansmeansbusiness -

I Don't post much, but a fan of Joe L.  Rd 1 Joe had a clear 10-8. Round 2 for Ray.  And I gave round 3 for Ray also.  A draw in my mind...Joe had the takedowns (even though exhausted) but got lit up on the feet in rd 2 and 3. IMO, far from a rob, but a good fight.

This all day. 

AnthonyWeiner -
Chadderz - 
NineFightFour -

Yes and no, because he was getting hit over and over it wasn't like he kept turning for every elbow. He turned his face away (duh) to not eat elbows and took a bunch to the back of his head, the ref warned ray, ray starting hitting from another angle, lauzon turned (again duh why wouldn't he) and ray was warned again..... and then ray switched angles yet again, lauzon turned and took a bunch more to the back of the head. 

I don't think it changed the outcome or anything I just don't see the point of warning someone more than once, you might as well not warn them in the first place. It's ridiculous

rushinbear - Robbed? what fight were you watching and do you even know what "robbed" means? It was a close fight and I had it 28-28. Robbed would be winning all three rounds and losing a decision. DRAW!!!

I thought Joe won rnd 1(10-8) and I thought he won rnd 2. I thought ray won rnd 3.(10-9)

so that's why I think he got "robbed"

Round 2 was the closest but I think many gave it to Ray. So DRAW by a change to that round only.

Hate420 -
KING Stannis Baratheon -
Hate420 -
Zomby -

Joe got his ass kicked, I am a big fan, but you guys re being delusional here.

Joe is clearly the better fighter, with a much worse has tank. Round 1 showed that last night... It was a complete blowout when both were fresh.

*clearly the better fighter over one round and on the ground.

If their are no such thing as 5 minutes rounds, Joe wins by murder. In the real world, in a real fight.... Ray would be dead right now and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Yes but there are 3x 5 minute rounds and Joe gassed after the first one. Joe is a good fighter but all his opponents know if they get out of the first round what to expect. Rays corner were telling him that and they were right. Ray won the fight but it was due to Joes inability to improve his conditioning. So like I said, Joe was the better fighter over one round, but there are 3 rounds and Ray was better over the last 2. 

As it stands Ray is the better fighter, until Joe improves his conditioning.