Lauzon got robbed..

You guys are coming out with "if Stevie had a 10-8 third round then Joe should have had a first round 10-8"

The thing with that scoring is that according to you guys Stevie would have won, because he won the second round without a doubt.

Chadderz - You guys are coming out with "if Stevie had a 10-8 third round then Joe should have had a first round 10-8"

The thing with that scoring is that according to you guys Stevie would have won, because he won the second round without a doubt.
To elaborate, I had it Lauzon vs Ray

10-8
9-10
8-10

27-28 Ray

nowaydo - Joe has same problems he always had. Has not changed since his intro in UFC.

1- covers/shells....does not counter punch.

2- blows wod early...win or loses

3'- does not chain takedown attempts
I was screaming at my TV, he just won't move his head at all. I hate seeing him lose, but this is a prime example of the issues with mma scoring. There is way to much left up to the discretion of the judge, there is no black and white.

I think often judges don't do their job properly, which is to objectively score each round. I believe judges will skew their later round scores in order to get the result they want. So if the judge believes Ray won the fight, they're more likely to give him a 10-8 round to ensure he gets the W.

Joe didn't win but no way in fucking hell ws the 3rd round 10-8 for ray. That's fucking insane. If the 3rd round was 10-8 for ray then the first would should be a 10-7 for j-lo

Beelze -

I wouldn't say he got robbed, I was surprised that they gave it Ray though, but that comes from expecting how the judges would score it rather than my own opinion. Which I thought Ray won the second and had a 10-8 in the third, Joe had a 10-8 in the first. The second round was close but the elbows Stevie was landing when Joe had him against the cage looked damaging and he threw plenty of them, in a round that didn't have a whole lot of significant things happening the elbows were enough to take it. Both guys were in a lot of danger in the first and last round, the bell saved Ray in the first and Lauzon in the third, when the bell saves someone from a one sided beat down that's a 10-8 to me, he didn't just catch him at the last second he had him badly hurt and was looking close to finishing him for a decent length of time, that shows clear dominance so I'm not surprised that he won, more surprised that the judges saw it similarly.

Apparently Joe has welts all over his head on the restricted zone from those elbows....

Yeah I also thought it was ridiculous how many illegal elbows were landed. He landed a couple and got warned then landed more and got warned then landed more.... what is the point of a warning if you're just gonna let them do it again? And again?

horrible reffing

That was a clear draw

Zomby -

Joe got his ass kicked, I am a big fan, but you guys re being delusional here.

Joe is clearly the better fighter, with a much worse has tank. Round 1 showed that last night... It was a complete blowout when both were fresh.

KnockoutThoughts -
mada -
KnockoutThoughts -
mada -

I thought Lauzon won. To me, he did enough to win round 2

All he did in round 2 was get a takedown. Ray landed strikes to start the round and was owning the standup. First round Joe put on a clinic with Ray on the ground. 2nd round he didn't do shit to Ray when he held him on the ground. Plus he didn't end the 2nd in top control. They were pretzeled up.

I appreciate the recap, but I watched it live and disagree.

So since you watched it live, explain how Lauzon won the 2nd round.. I'll wait

It's always so clear who you had money on. Lol, terrible.

Draw - yes

Lauzon winning? No chance

I have a question..

imo Joe was mainly hurting and wabbling do to pure exhaustion and not from being hit..

Does that earn a 10-8 ?

If someone is just surviving from pure exhaustion and not surviving from getting dominated skill for skill?

to me rnd 3 wasn't a 10-8. 

AnthonyWeiner - There was no scenario where Lauzon won the fight.

The only debate is, "Was the 3rd round a 10-8 for Ray?" If you believe yes, Ray won the fight. If you believe no, it was a draw. There was no robbery under either circumstance.

I agree.. would have been nice to see Joe get the W but his conditioning has always been his weakness.

28-27 was the correct score. 10-8 R1 and 10-8 R3. 

Hate420 -
Zomby -

Joe got his ass kicked, I am a big fan, but you guys re being delusional here.

Joe is clearly the better fighter, with a much worse has tank. Round 1 showed that last night... It was a complete blowout when both were fresh.

*clearly the better fighter over one round and on the ground.

His answer to punch combos is to cover up and sit there. Doesnt help him win any fight and he's been doing it for a while now.

Round 3 is not a 10-8 under any scoring criteria. 

Tennessee hasn't adopted the new system yet . Ray would have had to dominate completely , like Joe did in round 1, to get that score.

Judging was bad all night and that fight scored properly is a draw.

Perfect scoring.

Being there live I thought Stevie maybe edged it out but now thinking back I'd probably lean towards a draw.

caposa -

28-27 was the correct score. 10-8 R1 and 10-8 R3. 

Joe mounted some offence in round 3 , under the new criteria maybe you'd have a case for a 10-8 . Under the old judging criteria the entire round has to be a one sided beat down. 

Fight was a draw.