Let’s face it, Jiu jitsu is over rated

always love these threads and the guys who couldnt cut it in BJJ. Its ok its not for everyone. Most people quit. Just like most people got vaccinated

1 Like

gaurentee OP got no BJJ game

3 Likes

True but he may have great BJ game.

3 Likes

Around 2008-2011 the ufc averaged barely over 1 submission per event for awhile. It’s way up from that now. Maybe double

It’s a clown sport now.

2 Likes

Eh depends. You can make a living, meet awesome
People, exercise and learn some basic self defense. I enjoy it, ill probably train until Im 40 then quit, because training BJJ after 40 is ridiculous

Also

1 Like

people who say BJJ is over rated or bad etc are same ones who quit first day after being tapped and sucked

4 Likes

BJJ is highly overrated.

That doesn’t mean that it’s bad, or isn’t legit. Overrated =/=bad. Overrated just means rated too highly.

It can be true that Honda Rousey was one of the best female fighters in the world at one point…but people were saying she could beat men and shit so she was still overrated regardless.

BJJ is one of the most effective and useful martial arts that you can learn…and it’s still overrated, lol. Everybody who only trains Jiu Jitsu (most of them) still gets carried away and talks like it’s 1993. Just go read any Rickson thread.

1 Like

That was a Greco-Roman double over, has nothing to do with BJJ.

1 Like

Indeed. See? Classic case of a Bjjer doing every disingenuous thing they can to overrate bjj lol.

Oh…I didn’t realize the mounted triangle that followed was Greco Roman…my B!

Ok noob, he mounted triangled the dude…fuckin 22ers, worst than the TUF noobs

1 Like

I didn’t see a triangle from top or anything like that. Prove it.

1 Like

Because I can prove an average wrestler putting to sleep a highly regarded Gracie BB.

Almedia is highly regarded? Since when lol

Ah this thread is starting to take me back to the 90’s.

1 Like

Hughes wasnt an average grappler for his day. He was probably one of the best in the division and his grappling wasnt solely wrestling.

3 Likes

I said wrestler. As far as pure wrestling he was average at best.

Yeah matt was average. He was barely even a 2 times D1 all American. I’d suplex him