Let’s face it, Jiu jitsu is over rated

tf does rousey have to do with anything? and the threads about rickson and his son…not like they used to be. Sorry but your post was just dumb

You posted a gif of him using wrestling and only wrestling to prove your point lol.

Great argument for wrestling. Even Maia had to learn some to even apply his bjj.

3 Likes

I know what you said but it was disingenuous. You were making it sound like he was some high school state finalist with no BJJ training…

1 Like

Likewise lol.

30 point rule in action here.

Wow look another thread bashing BJJ how cool!!! You don’t like it - don’t train it. Pretty simple

2 Likes

I used a post showing wrestling to a MOUNTED triangle. Im sorry you don’t know what you’re looking at.

I’ll break it down for you he had mount, with one arm in and one arm out between his legs. All he has to do from here is roll over and triangle, his legs for the choke. Which he did

1 Like

Yeah I’ll admit I thought he landed in mount first lol. Haven’t seen that in years.

He still couldn’t have done that without training something other than BJJ though…may as well show someone getting a sub off of rocking someone with a strike to illustrate the dominance of BJJ.

Still a better argument for still training wrestling even if you’re a bjj guy than it is for bjj>everything lol.

3 Likes

hughes is not an average wrestler

1 Like

So then we better never show a clip of any MMA fights because EVERYONE trains everything

I strongly disagree. You think theyve had the courage to go to an mma gym and try jiu jitsu but failed.

I say they dont have a hair on their balls to test themselves and shaming people who dare to challenge themselves is the closest they will get to being a real man.

2 Likes

Bjj is for the gays

i guess ur still upset u suck at BJJ

1 Like

average based on???

You’re a fucking punk, DUDE.

What is Matt’s credentials? Maybe I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about…

Matt wrestled at Hillsboro four years under Dave Ball. He won 136 of the 145 matches he competed in – he posted back-to-back undefeated seasons his junior and senior seasons. In the process Matt earned two individual State Titles and was named a High School All-American. As a sidebar, Matt also played football for four years; the last two of which he was named All-Conference.

The next level of competition took Matt to the ranks of Junior College. First it was to Belleville Area Junior College where Matt earned All-American honors by placing 5th at 158 lbs. For his sophomore year Matt transferred to Lincoln College and the under the careful guidance of Dave Klemm Matt once again earned All-American honors – this time with a 3rd place finish.

Eastern Illinois and Ralph McCausland were Matt’s next competitive destination. Wrestling at 158 lbs. Matt once again joined the All-American ranks by placing 5th in the 1996 Division I Wrestling Championships in Minnesota. The following year, in typical Hughes fashion, Matt improved upon his previous accomplishment by placing 5th and for the fifth consecutive year earned All-American status. Matt completed his career at Eastern Illinois with an 80-15 record.

3 Likes

So calisthenics > wrestling, because GSP wrestled-fucked him.

1 Like

Alot of members bashing on BBJ recently

2 Likes

Lol now you are just being ridiculous and saying nothing.

Yeah that’s average :rofl: