Let's get the UFC back!

Yeah you can get it from a couple of different file sharing sites if you have cable broadband. Even Kazaa gets you a bit.

I have been e-mailing them for years but I will send them another one today as requested.

Dear Mainevent,

I have e-mailed you several times about your decision to drop the UFC from your PPV schedule. I have ordered every one and happily paid the $25.00 for the show.

There has to be possibilities of playing the UFC taped a couple of days later to aleviate the cost of the show from Zuffa. The more you show it and market it properly the snowball will undoubtedly grow. I can't believe that WWE etc is more popular, but I will put it down to the fact that it is a lot older and has had a lot of money invested into its marketing from the get go.

How about not just playing for the weeks preceeding a one hour slot on FOX8 (no-one watches that channel anyway) and maybe play some slots on Fox Sports. Also advertise at MMA shows on the Gold Coast, advertise at Boxing/Kickboxing events, advertise MMA as a sport not just your shows on your network. Promote and sponsor our own shows like Spartan Reality Fight Series. The ideas list from me is endless and you can put me on as marketing manager and I will get you the results you are expecting. Also have you ever thought of using an advertising agency as I thoroughly believe your marketing team is not up to scratch.

Yours Truly and Sincerely,

Sammy T

Keep it going guys.

Elvis

They repond quickly with not much.

Thanks for your feedback Sammy.

Regards,

Main Event Television

Looks like they care!!! Assholes!

Even a simple answer is better than no answer. Atleast they know we're still interested. Keep the dream alive!

Oh well, we can only give it another shot.

Hi there,

I've recently noticed the decision from Foxtel/Main Event to discontinue the bi-monthly presentation of the UFC.

As a longstanding member with Foxtel I am disappointed in this decision. I do understand that pay-per-view numbers were down for the 2 most recent showings on Foxtel, but in fairness there were reasons for this including a tape delay and the fact football finals were being played on the same day.

I personally know several people who will be more than happy to handover the asking price for future events.

Please re-consider this decision, as there is so many potential buys to be had with the right level of marketing and advertising.

Thanks for your time.

Would any of the event promoters consider the petition idea?

No offence guys, but a dozen emails from hardcore fans isnt going to change mainevents mind.

Fella's we should mention the fact that since ptv has gone digital there will be less people getting UFC for free, cuase most of the people I know who watched UFC (30-35 people) had gold cards, now gold cards are gone people will pay to watch UFC. just something I think really needs to be added as I was watching it for free too!

Some great ideas there. Lets start with the emails (hey it gets some notice). Lets see if the promoters can also get behind this idea with a petition at the door of their venues. Anyone affiliated with a promoter, pass the idea onto them. Send the petitions in. This would also be a good stepping stone to getting local shows on. Get them interested again in the UFC, then also show them there is a local equivalent which is developing a large fan base (and hence a potential viewer base).

Elvis

Lets keep it up. Lets also ask for Pride. Let them know that an Aussie will be fighting on the next Pride Bushido. Australian Content always adds interest. Get Kerry to email them as well regarding this.

Elvis

My $0.02...

====

To whom it may concern.

I am a long time fan of martial arts and the UFC and am deeply disappointed that Main Event has ceased to televise this event.

This style of event is destined to be the next big thing in sports and is gaining a big following in Australia.

I hope you will reconsider your decision and again televise future UFC events.

Yours sincerely,
Adam Stanecki

====

Fingers crossed!

TTT Keep this going. We need to get the UFC back on!

Elvis

Remember to hit your pay TV provider with emails as well.

There are different staff there that like the idea of more sales !

Tank

Well i spoke to Sam Chisholm on the phone last night (Board Member of Foxtel and Telstra)so if i speak to hom again i'll put in a mention.

Good idea. Lets push on with this.

Elvis

Still waiting for a response from Main Event.

-Adam.

Send them another one to make sure then.

Elvis

just mailed main event AGAIN & asked for UFC &
Pride fc...told them it's a real shame Australia is
getting left behind the rest of the world in the fast
growing sport of MMA.

does foxtel have an e-mail ? couldn't see it on their
site. I was going to inquire about them putting on
older ufc, pride & aus mma...they would have to
rate pretty well you'd think ?

Name ::
Rob Nadebaum

Email ::
rnadebaum@hotmail.com

Subject ::
UFC

Hi, Was wondering if there is any chance of the UFC being shown again on main event in the near future? I understand that it's a fairly niche sport and that buy rates probably weren't spectacular for the previous events that were shown in Australia. I think a lot of this, however, did come down to the fact that it wasn't promoted AT ALL. In fact it seemed that it was a last-minute decision to show the event at all on television because there was nothing even listed on the website till a week before the event. I think i speak on behalf of a lot of UFC fans when I suggest that if live telecasts are too hard to pull off, we would be more than happy to view them on 24 hour or even one week delay from when the event was actually held. I'm not sure of the cost savings or logistical advantages of televisiing a delayed event, but I know there are plenty of people out there desperate to watch the UFC. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Regards, Rob Nadebaum

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your feedback – we'll pass it on to our Management – however for now there are still no plans to show UFC (sorry).

Kind regards,

Main Event Television

...can only try

Exactly... a good quote to live by...

"I miss 100% of the shots I don't take!"

Elvis

Sorry, at this time we will not be showing UFC or
Pride.

Regards,

Main Event Television

bollocks innit