Lhw title picture.

Jon Jones seem like an idiot, but he is also the best LHW in the world. He should most definitely get a title shot right away to do away with the formalities of reclaiming his title.

Meatgrinder -
Kingtony87 - Not necessarily opposed to this. I'd still favor mine as I think we as fans need to see gus bones 2 but with losses to dc and Johnson that fight becomes harder to make if Jones regains his championship. Jones has avoided him before. Phone Post 3.0

I agree... Gus has to be at the end of the rotation for title shot. He's already lost to AJ. I don't see how you get a rematch in a long time if Jones becomes champ... Then again, if Gus wins that then all kinds of sh!t is in the air.

Yea, if gus and dc win those it's not unreasonable to have them fight again as the first was so excellenct a la lawler hendricks. I feel that dc also wouldn't act like he dominated the fight and deny the rematch like Jones did. Phone Post 3.0

Kingtony87 - 
Andrewsimar Palhardass -
Kingtony87 - Not necessarily opposed to this. I'd still favor mine as I think we as fans need to see gus bones 2 but with losses to dc and Johnson that fight becomes harder to make if Jones regains his championship. Jones has avoided him before. Phone Post 3.0

I get you. I would love to see Jones and Gus again, and this might be the only way we get it, but I just don't see them not giving him the title shot.

Also, side note- I would rather see Gus fight for the title again than Rumble. I do not think Rumble is the guy that can challenge DC/Jones. He's better than Bader imo, but I still don't think he is champ material.
I think it's a style thing. I think aj will do better against Jones and gus then dc, and dc matches up better with gus aj then Jones, and gus will always stand better with Jones dc then aj Phone Post 3.0

There's where I disagree with a lot of people. Why is Jones a better matchup for AJ than DC?

If your answer is wrestling, please go watch the Jones-DC fight again. Yes, DC was an Olympic-caliber wrestler, but let's not pretend that Jones didn't completely out-grapple him. I don't understand how people can say that DC is a better matchup than Jones vs. anybody due to wrestling.

If your answer is striking, then I do not understand how you think that DC is a worse matchup, since Jones out-strikes Cormier as well.

Can you tell me why you think Jones is a better matchup than DC for Rumble?

Kingtony87 -
Andrewsimar Palhardass -

I get you. I would love to see Jones and Gus again, and this might be the only way we get it, but I just don't see them not giving him the title shot.

Also, side note- I would rather see Gus fight for the title again than Rumble. I do not think Rumble is the guy that can challenge DC/Jones. He's better than Bader imo, but I still don't think he is champ material.
I think it's a style thing. I think aj will do better against Jones and gus then dc, and dc matches up better with gus aj then Jones, and gus will always stand better with Jones dc then aj Phone Post 3.0
Owwwww, my brain Phone Post 3.0

I think it's a bit more complicated then just striking or wrestling. Gus arguably out stuck Jones yet lost mostly standing fights against both aj and dc. Also dc and Jones' wrestling strengths are completely different. As far as striking goes Jones proved to be very hittable in the dc and gus fights. Dc was lighting him up in the clinch the first few rounds as well as getting battered by gus a fighter of similar size. While Aj has struggled with in the past with wrestlers who have very strong shots, dc and kos. Jones isn't that kind of wrestler. His shot isn't fast or great. He is however phenomenal as a greco wrestler. It's where he gets most of his take downs. Against aj that will be a lot harder. Aj's long enough and savvy enough to be able to strike with Jones on the outside. Not to mention he may be the only guys in the division physically stronger than bones. Trying to close distance with him won't be a cake walk. Even dc was almost ko'd coming in. Phone Post 3.0

Kingtony87 - I think it's a bit more complicated then just striking or wrestling. Gus arguably out stuck Jones yet lost mostly standing fights against both aj and dc. Also dc and Jones' wrestling strengths are completely different. As far as striking goes Jones proved to be very hittable in the dc and gus fights. Dc was lighting him up in the clinch the first few rounds as well as getting battered by gus a fighter of similar size. While Aj has struggled with in the past with wrestlers who have very strong shots, dc and kos. Jones isn't that kind of wrestler. His shot isn't fast or great. He is however phenomenal as a greco wrestler. It's where he gets most of his take downs. Against aj that will be a lot harder. Aj's long enough and savvy enough to be able to strike with Jones on the outside. Not to mention he may be the only guys in the division physically stronger than bones. Trying to close distance with him won't be a cake walk. Even dc was almost ko'd coming in. Phone Post 3.0

While I do disagree when you say that Rumble will have an easier time with Jones' wrestling than DC's, I really do appreciate an in depth explanation. Especially one that actually makes sense, and answers the question exactly how I asked it. VU, my good man.

Jones will walk right in to his title shot (and deservedly so)
He has beaten every single person in the title hunt short of AJ but DC just demolished him so it only makes sense for him to fight DC.

I feel for Bader as he really has worked for his shot but its timing and circumstances that have intervened.

On a side note read he was willing to fight Glover to try and avenge that loss in the mean time. Now that is some Chuck Liddel I just want to keep fighting in the meantime mentality right there and I respect him even more.

Jones and DC for the title, Gus vs. Bader for #1 contender, and AJ vs. Texiera for the injury replacement Phone Post 3.0

Andrewsimar Palhardass -
Kingtony87 - I think it's a bit more complicated then just striking or wrestling. Gus arguably out stuck Jones yet lost mostly standing fights against both aj and dc. Also dc and Jones' wrestling strengths are completely different. As far as striking goes Jones proved to be very hittable in the dc and gus fights. Dc was lighting him up in the clinch the first few rounds as well as getting battered by gus a fighter of similar size. While Aj has struggled with in the past with wrestlers who have very strong shots, dc and kos. Jones isn't that kind of wrestler. His shot isn't fast or great. He is however phenomenal as a greco wrestler. It's where he gets most of his take downs. Against aj that will be a lot harder. Aj's long enough and savvy enough to be able to strike with Jones on the outside. Not to mention he may be the only guys in the division physically stronger than bones. Trying to close distance with him won't be a cake walk. Even dc was almost ko'd coming in. Phone Post 3.0

While I do disagree when you say that Rumble will have an easier time with Jones' wrestling than DC's, I really do appreciate an in depth explanation. Especially one that actually makes sense, and answers the question exactly how I asked it. VU, my good man.
Right back at you. Phone Post 3.0

It doesn't matter how enticing it is to have an elimination format, JBJ must get that title shot right away. DC is not an interim champ; he is the acting champ.

Gus gave fans high hopes but has lost to the top 3. No extra gear.
Rumble still has to fight JBJ but is very rear-naked choke-able.
DC beat these two guys but basically had nothing for JBJ. If (when) he loses to JBJ again he'll be stuck in LHW limbo doing a Meisha.

At least we will start to see more of the top 10 fight each other rather than just lining up for JBJ.

(sigh)Those good 'ol days:)