Liddell-I would have knocked out Jones in my prime

BeauTown - Chuck will always be a great! But chuck would never beat jones now or prime vs now ! Phone Post 3.0
I've got to agree...

Now before you all jump on me let me clarify. Chuck will ALWAYS be one of my favorites just behind Anderson. So my first reaction is to say he starches JBJ. But once I get beyond my initial reaction...I know deep down he doesn't. That's not to say he couldn't...it's just not probable. Jon would know Chucks strengths easily. We all did. He was a great counter puncher with huge power in his hands and legs. He had great TDD and wasn't on his back too much. He could also take a big shot back in the day. But beyond that, he was a brawler. Jon would've kept him at arms length just like he did against Rashad. He would've mixed in those obnoxious strikes and Chuck more than likely wouldn't have a chance to land those power shots. I see Jon coming out on top 9/10 times. It pains me to say that because I cannot stand JBJ. But it's just what my rational mind believes.

My $.02 Phone Post 3.0

MattyECB - 
SQUEEZIE - 
Brabo Ben - They're fighters,abd he was the top light heavyweight of his era bar shogun and wand,of course he would say this. Phone Post 3.0
<br />
<span class="User-322514" id="userPost49182061">what about the guy who beat his ass twice in his prime.chuck was the number 4-6 best lhw in the world in his prime.</span><br />
&nbsp;</blockquote>

Not really a fair assesment, if anything there was a pretty even footing and stylistic triangle.

Tito could beat Wandy due to offensive wrestling

Wandy could beat Rampage due to Muay Thai clinches and knees

Rampage could beat Chuck due to counter punching and power

And Chuck could beat Tito due to defensive wrestling and a fucked up chin

Not to mention the switch from a ring to cage and rulesets always muddles shit. I think Chuck was incredibly unique and amazing for his specific era. It was an era when wrestlers were absolutely shit wrecking in the UFC (much less so in Pride because of the 4 cornered ring conducive to striking, and the ropes, and the downed knees / soccer kicks / stomps), and he was the ultimate anti-wrestler. All the GnP in the world couldn't stop Chuck and he'd just stand up and ignore shots when taken down -- if that could even happen since his wrestling was amazing enough that would rarely occurin the first place

I mean fuck, Chuck beat Pele, but he acknowledged Pele's superior striking and mixed in his wrestling. I wish he would've tried that shit with Rampage, especially when he was still slampage. For all of Chuck's skill set, he barely utilized it outside of a few early and late fights (when he realized he couldn't rely on his chin), because he never needed to.

It's the same reason fucking AS threw such stupid leg kicks at Weidman RIGHT AFTER GETTING FUCKING TOOLED. He just couldn't respect his striking because he's never had to. Longo put it well, he said he couldn't believe what he was seeing and if this was his kickboxing days, anyone dumb enough to throw full power and telgraphed leg kicks with no hands set up would 100% expect to have his legs destroyed (certainly not broken, but ruined enough to fuck up the fight and, to be fair,  Longo did break one or two opponents' legs using the same tech back in his heyday).

Same deal with the hands down and taunting approach, it's not textbook and AS didn't always fight that way, but when fighting a former champion means fighting someone with Forrest Griffin's buttfuck retarded striking (I love Forrest and he's one of my favorite fighters, but wtf was that 1-2-1-2/left-right-left-right zombie walking alternating bullshit lol) he's got no reason to fight smart. I mean AS' introduction fight was Leben lol I love Leben, but his striking is so Godawful. Franklin was probably the last time we saw AS fight semi-intelligently and like literally the last time we even saw his plum clinch.

I think you have to take Chuck for what he is and compare him to who he fought at the time and who his skill set was designed to fight and defeat at the time. He was and always will be, to me, the prototype Sprawl and Brawler and anti-wrestler (Obviously he wasn't the first and their were even guys in shooto like Yoshiki Takahashi, but Lidell exemplified it to me)

... Anyways that's enough nut riding for me for one day

chuck>tito,randy
jones,evans,shogun,rampage,wandy,vitor,hendo>chuck

this was my point.rampage was not even close to his best the first time he fought chuck wand or shogun.thats why wand beat him the first time...youy remember what happened the second time?

they could be fighting in a empty parking lot chuck still would have lost.chuck lost in both the ring and cage.i dont put much into where a fight takes place.its still a fight.

He couldn't do shit to Rampage in his 'prime', Jones would have fucking destroyed him.

MattyECB -
SQUEEZIE - 
Brabo Ben - They're fighters,abd he was the top light heavyweight of his era bar shogun and wand,of course he would say this. Phone Post 3.0
<br />
<span class="User-322514" id="userPost49182061">what about the guy who beat his ass twice in his prime.chuck was the number 4-6 best lhw in the world in his prime.</span><br />
&nbsp;</blockquote>

Not really a fair assesment, if anything there was a pretty even footing and stylistic triangle.

Tito could beat Wandy due to offensive wrestling

Wandy could beat Rampage due to Muay Thai clinches and knees

Rampage could beat Chuck due to counter punching and power

And Chuck could beat Tito due to defensive wrestling and a fucked up chin

Not to mention the switch from a ring to cage and rulesets always muddles shit. I think Chuck was incredibly unique and amazing for his specific era. It was an era when wrestlers were absolutely shit wrecking in the UFC (much less so in Pride because of the 4 cornered ring conducive to striking, and the ropes, and the downed knees / soccer kicks / stomps), and he was the ultimate anti-wrestler. All the GnP in the world couldn't stop Chuck and he'd just stand up and ignore shots when taken down -- if that could even happen since his wrestling was amazing enough that would rarely occurin the first place

I mean fuck, Chuck beat Pele, but he acknowledged Pele's superior striking and mixed in his wrestling. I wish he would've tried that shit with Rampage, especially when he was still slampage. For all of Chuck's skill set, he barely utilized it outside of a few early and late fights (when he realized he couldn't rely on his chin), because he never needed to.

It's the same reason fucking AS threw such stupid leg kicks at Weidman RIGHT AFTER GETTING FUCKING TOOLED. He just couldn't respect his striking because he's never had to. Longo put it well, he said he couldn't believe what he was seeing and if this was his kickboxing days, anyone dumb enough to throw full power and telgraphed leg kicks with no hands set up would 100% expect to have his legs destroyed (certainly not broken, but ruined enough to fuck up the fight and, to be fair,  Longo did break one or two opponents' legs using the same tech back in his heyday).

Same deal with the hands down and taunting approach, it's not textbook and AS didn't always fight that way, but when fighting a former champion means fighting someone with Forrest Griffin's buttfuck retarded striking (I love Forrest and he's one of my favorite fighters, but wtf was that 1-2-1-2/left-right-left-right zombie walking alternating bullshit lol) he's got no reason to fight smart. I mean AS' introduction fight was Leben lol I love Leben, but his striking is so Godawful. Franklin was probably the last time we saw AS fight semi-intelligently and like literally the last time we even saw his plum clinch.

I think you have to take Chuck for what he is and compare him to who he fought at the time and who his skill set was designed to fight and defeat at the time. He was and always will be, to me, the prototype Sprawl and Brawler and anti-wrestler (Obviously he wasn't the first and their were even guys in shooto like Yoshiki Takahashi, but Lidell exemplified it to me)

... Anyways that's enough nut riding for me for one day

Great post VTFU Phone Post 3.0

ShoreBreaker420 - 
cecils_pupils -

Yawn.  So tired of hearing from has-beens about how they woulda done this and that back in their prime.  News flash Chuck:  your prime was over ten years ago.  Try living in the present and being respectful of the current champ.  You are a UFC employee now, try showing some professionalsim for chirst sake.

You shut your whore mouth you bbc loving faggot! Phone Post 3.0

whoah there little lady, go wash out your sandy vag then come talk to me cocksmoker.

HiHu - Chuck is right. With his iron chin we would have totally wrecked Jones:

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/21366/2gt4uwg.gif

http://www.fightertrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rich-franklin-knockout-chuck-liddell-ufc-115.gif

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1747395/34sm9m8.gif

Get real bro.

(BLUE PLEASE, I know most of you came here to see these gifs :D)

my pleasure

http://www.fightertrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rich-franklin-knockout-chuck-liddell-ufc-115.gif

cecils_pupils -
ShoreBreaker420 - 
cecils_pupils -

Yawn.  So tired of hearing from has-beens about how they woulda done this and that back in their prime.  News flash Chuck:  your prime was over ten years ago.  Try living in the present and being respectful of the current champ.  You are a UFC employee now, try showing some professionalsim for chirst sake.

You shut your whore mouth you bbc loving faggot! Phone Post 3.0

whoah there little lady, go wash out your sandy vag then come talk to me cocksmoker.

You might talk to your mom like that but you damn sure wont talk to your daddy that way, egg Phone Post 3.0

^^Oh and I suppose you are my daddy?  Fuck off pole smoker.  We are all entitled to our opinion, even a dicksucking fag like you.

epwar -
Steven McTowelie - If they were both in their prime's, Jones would never want to fuck chuck. Phone Post 3.0

Right.  Jones is always hiding from the top guys like Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Vitor, Gustaffson, and Machida.

I hate Jones, but this guy has a point. Phone Post 3.0

I just love the ironic twist in this thread.... First Chuck shouldn't have an opinion about the outcome of a fight between him in his prime vs Jones... Then everybody starts piping up about their own opinions of the outcome... Yeah Chuck himself shouldn't, but the UG can't help to go on an on with the speculation... And that's right after a thread about the outcome of Chael vs. Chuck..

GetsomefansJon please -

Chuck didn't stop becoming a fighter the moment his career ended. Chuck will always be a fighter, and the mentality you need to survive in that world is that you can beat anyone. In your head you need to be number one, and you need to truly believe it. Chuck will always believe he's number one. Why would you be surprised by a comment like this?

Everyones opinion here the past year or two has been so one sided. No one even thinks about empathy for a second. "I you don't believe 'x' then you're just wrong and dumb." 

Well said. Anonymity turns people full retard on a web forum! Phone Post 3.0

Jones pushes his shit in, and I was always a big Chuck fan.

Imagine Rampage 1 or Randy 1 except even more decisive.

Prime Chuck was a badass and dropped bombs. I think he had a good shot against Jones. Phone Post 3.0

War chuck Phone Post 3.0

HiHu - Chuck is right. With his iron chin we would have totally wrecked Jones:

Get real bro.

(BLUE PLEASE, I know most of you came here to see these gifs :D)

If you don't know how solid chucks beard was back in the day, then you just proved your noobness. Retards like this are ruining the forum. Yup, Chuck had never had a chin, fucking idiots. Phone Post 3.0

lol an undersized Bustamante gave a prime Chuck all he could handle. The only reason the Chuck Liddel era existed was because Rampage/Hendo/Silva were fighting in Pride.

^ and Shogun.

We saw what happened to Chuck when he went against Rampage. Jones got the "best Rampage ever" according to Rampage himself, and dispatched him with ease.

cecils_pupils -

^^Oh and I suppose you are my daddy?  Fuck off pole smoker.  We are all entitled to our opinion, even a dicksucking fag like you.

Just not Chuck ? I can always quit smoking cock poles but you'll always be a queer Phone Post 3.0

cecils_pupils -

Yawn then goes on a rant, shows how mentally unstable you is Phone Post 3.0

Doesn't Chuck work for Zuffa?  You gotta love how this company treats their talent.

Chuck: "Chael is a douche, Jones sux, Chack rulez bro."