Liddell on Letterman - Video

PROF has taught the correct.

It wasn't that great of an interview, but Chuck's cheerful attitude came across well.

HYBRID JON took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks for the vid!

Good job done by Chuck

--"Since when are fighters supposed to be eloquent?"

It's not about what is "supposed" to be, it's just the fact some people are better in interviews than others, fighters included.

Randy Couture, for instance, comes off as much more intelligent, articulate and insightful, making for a better interview. And someone like Rampage comes with an
energy and wit that also elevates the interviews beyond the mid-level hockey-player-like mumbling of a Chuck Lidell.

Come on, raise your standards a little. It won't hurt.

Prof.

How about semi-intelligible?

Sometimes waiting for him to mumble an answer after Dave asked a question was like staring off a cliff.

(And I actually like Chuck quite a bit for a lot of reasons. But his interview skills ain't one of them).

Prof.

Chuck did well. He seems like a regular guy and had a good attitude about his loss.

I think he was booked on the show before the fight which is why Rampage wasn't there. Rampage should get plenty of interviews. With his quick wit, they will be good interviews as well.

Paris is back in jail. The judge revoked her house arrest. She was all in tears and screaming for her mommy in court when the judge ordered her back.

Thanks Evil, that was Great. I hope he has more fighters on when events roll around.

ttt

Saw it on TV and I thought it was quite funny.

Excellent interview!

"Interview skills" ??!?

he's a fighter for God's sake, that was a good interview, believe me it
could have been a lot worse.

I'm sure some of you could be better at this (interviews) but hey! you guys
can't fight for shit... so give the guy a break and see it for what it was:

a good promotion for this sport.

"he's a fighter for God's sake, that was a good interview, believe me it could have been a lot worse."

Agreed, people want Chuck to join Toastmasters or something.

"Letterman carried him"

Re-read my post and watch the interview a few times. Letterman asked quite a few loaded questions and gave backhanded compliments. Tried to set him up as well as put that attention whoreing slag in his ear. Chuck interviewd the way he fights... Nothing fancy, just basic simple verbal/physical chess. He didnt overextend himself or let ego take over, although they tried to push for it with all the Rampage, and "Have you ever tapped shit." I predict he'll rebound the same way he did after his first loss to Randy, better gameplan and better than we though he could be. (And I was routing for Randy) TTT for Chuck.

Thats a good post right there ^^^

Thanks, I take pride in my posts and try to preserve the integrity of this place. Now the "Tap-Out" forum, I let Dr.Diggs run the show.

I can't criticize his interviews cause the guy is a fighter. I'm sick of this crap about Chuck being a bad interview, etc. This isn't the WWE, not everyone needs to well-spoken and have good microphone skills and that B.S.

Maybe Chuck is nervous going on talk shows while millions are watching, I'm sure most people on here would be mumbling too if they were on Letterman. Just cause a guy stutters cause he's a bit more introverted than you'd like, doesn't mean he is a bad ambassador for the sport.

Those were the worst 2 clips of a Liddel fight they could have chosen. They show 20 seconds of Chuck getting knocked out and flopping on the ground, and 5 seconds of the the sloppiest standup I've ever seen vs Babalu. But onstage, the man's a natural, and I think Letterman's getting senile.

Not once did Chuck mention his color or about stinky someone else's stinky beath. He is no Rampage, not even jokes about how ugly his opponent is. Lame

Smokin4dayz is a fag