LOL at Floyd Mayweather

fuckin' idiots.

Queer

"In any case defensive boxing does not mean go in and out fast relying on speed only in means staying in the pocket without getting hit."

Which Floyd does superbly.

"His stance his punches are filled with flaws that will be exposed when he losses his speed just like RJJ."

Floyd is nothing like RJJ. Their styles are completely different. LOFL at the concept of you pointing out Floyd's "flaws". You are a nimrod, period.

Floyd dominates this fight. The question is will he stay retired?

RJJ and Floyd is not a comparison that holds up. First, Roy never fought conventionally. He almost never used a jab and did things no one else could get away with because of his speed. (E.g. leading with uppercuts from outside.)
Floyd is technically very brilliant and his defense is first rate. I submit to you that no one has ever even had him stunned or in trouble.

Do you really think Floyd is THAT much faster than Zab Judah? I don't think he's WAY faster than Zab, but he picked fighters like Manfredy, Hernandez, Corrales, etc. apart. His technique (especially his defense early in his career) is nearly perfect.

"I submit to you that no one has ever even had him stunned or in trouble."

Corley stunned him.

LOL at "that is all".

Martin,

Please do the world a favor and never comment on boxing again.

Thank You,

Everyone else.

roy used his jab against ruiz. if he would have used it more in his career, the first tarver fight would not have been close. i would say that if roy would have fought more conventional he would have been undefeated

"LOL! my bad. English is not my first language..."

i actually take back what i said then...for real....i have much respect for anyone that speaks multiple languages....respect at least when it comes to that.

LOL @ Mayweather not having an "inside the pocket" game. Have you ever even seen him fight?

Oscar had better technique early in his career (and got hit less) as a traditional boxer-puncher.

Oscar has superb technique. In fact, his only downfalls in the ring have come against other technical masters who had physical advantages over him such as Sugar Shane (speed), Bernard Hopkins (size and strength), and Trinidad (heart to the finish).

IMO, Floyd is another guy in that mold in the sense that he has superb technique to cancels DLH's technical strengths, but has the hand speed and defensive skills to make Oscar look ordinary.

DLH's only downfall against Trinidad was corrupt or grossly incompetent judging. Heart had nothing to do with it.

"I submit to you that no one has ever even had him stunned or in trouble."

As mentioned, Corley did stun him.

But Floyd is still a master technician. His defense against the ropes is insane. He's able to slip everything that comes his way. RJJ was more or less a sitting duck on the ropes, where his speed didn't allow him to jump in and out and land punches before his opponent could react, like he did in the middle of the ring.

Floyd, like Toney before him (not the Toney of today), is a serious threat with his back to the ropes. You don't fight that well off the ropes without superb technique.

And I fucking hate Floyd. But I can still recognize his greatness.

"DLH's only downfall against Trinidad was corrupt or grossly incompetent judging. Heart had nothing to do with it."

Correct. That was a Don King decision. De La Hoya put on a clinic, a masterful performance.

"Dont hate on Floyd, he will be collecting a $25 million payday in May."

It's a 70/30 split so Mayweather will get less than that.

cant wait for the fight, its going to be great...

If the fight does 1.5 million PPV buys like they think it does, plus a $20 million gate, Floyd will easily clear $20 million. Oscar will probably take home close to $40 seeing as how he is also the promoter.

"Floyd may sound like a thug but speed kills in boxing and ODH will find this out. He doesn't always fight hard but his skills are second to none."

Speed is why I'm picking Oscar. Floyd is fast, but Oscar will be the fastest fighter he fought, and the higher weight will help Oscar imo.