LOL at Jim Wendler's move to t-nation

As far as I know, it was never a real magazine...It was just called that. The original crew came over from MM2K (later just Muscle Media). They left when that mag started to go down hill, and they started their own on-line thing.

That was when they were mostly about info, and less about peripheral product sales. Anyone in this biz knows where the real money is at.

TAKU

Yup there was a Testosterone Magazine, it was pretty awesome I think. I maybe saw it once or twice and bought it when I did.

Dean Demuro - 
jeremy hamilton - Yup there was a Testosterone Magazine, it was pretty awesome I think. I maybe saw it once or twice and bought it when I did.

There was an article in the one issue I bought called "lessons from hospitals" that I've never forgotten. It resonated with me for my own reasons, and I read it online now whenever I'm feeling sorry for myself.

Sorry for the hijack. Phone Post

Just went and read it. Good article.

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/rerun_lessons_from_hospitals

For those curious

N.S. Thanks for sharing...And sorry for peaking in your gym bag.

TAKU

Taku - 

N.S. Thanks for sharing...And sorry for peaking in your gym bag.

TAKU

HAH!

I'm just glad I'm off the supplement train.

I have SO much more money for weed now

(kidding)

Good article. Ever since i had a young 'un of my own reading about kids dying or in pain really hits home.

AdrianK - I recall reading a article/ad from Hulse where talked about how he had chunked up and a friend had called him out on it and said that he didn't represent himself and his business very well looking that way.

Yep I totally remember him talking about this and his friend was absolutely right.

LiftOrDie - it was Wendler who advocated eating whatever you want and Elliot was definitely "fat" by definition he had a LOT of excess bodyfat. Also, he didn't get much weaker as he leaned out and his bodybuilding stuff only started recently, within the past year MAX. This time last year, when he opened his new facility and began training for a strongman competition he did a gym walk through and mentioned that he wants to lean out a bit. But, by that time he was already much leaner than back in 2008. Go look at one of his earlier StrengthCamp videos, he's AT LEAST 50+ pounds bigger and in a chunky peanut butter way :)

Anyways, we're totally getting away from the point, here.

Edit (sorry double post but the formatting goes awry as a mud when you try to edit..ahem mods hehe):

I work in the nutrition field which unfortunately is linked to dietary supplementation. I can honestly say that when people buy things from me after consultations (and they would be buying it no matter how vehemently I explain that they do NOT need it), I just feel dirty. For instance, NAC -n-acetyl-cysteine is really big right now as an antioxidant and is a precursor for glutathione and outside of lung disease or high-oxidation environments like radio poisoning is unnecessary IMO. Best way to raise glutathione in the body? LOWERING YOUR INSULIN LEVEL but I tell that to a client and they're like "hmm, work....isn't there a supplement for that?" lol

just some industry thoughts. Although, don't get me wrong there are some amazing dietary supplements but there is A TON of nonsense.

Still got mad respect for him, but looks like he sold out. Must of offered him enough $ to push their useless supps. Normally you would hear him preaching about how much of a waste that shit is. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, a strange 180 from him.

Yeah, my personal feelings are mixed. I understand the man has gotta make his money, and I guess the contract is big enough for him to do it, but I personally lost some props for the guy this way. Hey, I get it, 5-3-1 is great, tweaks are good, but we all know there is nothing new under the sun to replace smartly busting your ass, and that doesnt make residual income. But damn Jim, really?

he's got kids doesn't he? I don't fault nearly anything you do for money when it comes to having a child involved

There is nothing new...everything out there is inspired (influenced) by other stuff. To me, 5-3-1 has always looked a lot like the old B-F-S off-season plan. They are very similar. 

BFS system for off-season training is set up on four-week cycles, each focusing on a different set-rep cycle: 

Week 1: 3x3; Week 2: 3x5; Week 3: 3x3-2-1; Week 4: 3x10-8-6 (or 4-4-2 for 
power cleans and deadlifts). On the last set you still go for max reps. You then re-start at week 1:

The movements are:
Mon - Squat varation and Bench Variation (+ assistance work)
Wed - Power Clean and Trap Bar DL (+assistance work)
Fri - Alt Squat & Alt bench varation (+assistance work).

Assistance stuff is usually:
Mon - Neck work, Lat pulldown, Glute-ham raise, SL deadlift, Flexibility.
Wed - OH Press, DB lunge, Dips, flexibilty.
Fri - Similar to Mon (sometime leg curls / extensions etc)

TAKU

Of course BFS also advocate agility work, plios. conditioning, as well as a pretty clean eating style etc...

TAKU

NeoSpartan - he's got kids doesn't he? I don't fault nearly anything you do for money when it comes to having a child involved

Dude, all you need is approximately $737,000, or so I've heard.

Leigh - 
NeoSpartan - he's got kids doesn't he? I don't fault nearly anything you do for money when it comes to having a child involved

I do. Get a regular job. Don't resort to scamming people out of THEIR kids' expenses. Phone Post

Disagree. If someone believes all that silly BS then they deserve to be scammed. Hell i was scammed by the muscle magazines when i was a kid, i had to learn the hard way to use critical thinking and not be a lemming that gets information spoonfed all the time

The only reason the fitness industry has so many snake oil salesmen is that sooooo many people are lazy and looking for the easy way.

GSPsShadyHandWraps - 
Leigh - 
NeoSpartan - he's got kids doesn't he? I don't fault nearly anything you do for money when it comes to having a child involved

I do. Get a regular job. Don't resort to scamming people out of THEIR kids' expenses. Phone Post

Disagree. If someone believes all that silly BS then they deserve to be scammed. Hell i was scammed by the muscle magazines when i was a kid, i had to learn the hard way to use critical thinking and not be a lemming that gets information spoonfed all the time

The only reason the fitness industry has so many snake oil salesmen is that sooooo many people are lazy and looking for the easy way.

Its tough for a young kid to critically think his/her way past the bullshit their idol and/or adult role model is spewing... just because you were spoon fed helpings of shit you thought were nuggets of chocolate and eventually could tell the difference doesnt mean the situation was ideal.

Profiting from lies and ripping people off is wrong even if you are scamming stupid or ignorant people. Saying it's ok because they are stupid is like saying it's ok to kick the shit out of people just because they are weaker than you and it's their fault for not being strong enough to stop you from doing it.