Low Deadlift numbers?

I don’t get it. I can’t deadlift that much. I find it a really tough exercise. I can only deadlift like 100kg and I weigh 82kg.

I have seen chicks that are like 65-70kg lift more than me. I will say that my lower back and hip flexors are super tight from training BJJ for the last 9 years.

Any advice on how to get those numbers up? What program worked for you?

1 Like

double-post

I’m gonna go super basic on this…

Glute Ham Raise

Trap Bar Deadlift

Reverse Lunge

Walking Lunge

Pull Throughs

Bulgarian Split Squats

Kettle Swing

Box Jumps

Sprints/Tempo Runs

To break things out into boxes: you’re either hamstring or quad dominate and you either lift conventional or sumo. Fix what is fucked up, and find ways to do what you can’t do.

You could still run speed/dynamic effort deadlifts without doing maximal effort. You probably need to build muscle, cardio, work capacity, and specific strength. Speed work with a barbell plus jumps early in the week, and then come back later and do bodyweight/kettlebells and rebhad or prehab stuff with bands (band walks, TKE).

Bonus:

Coan/Phillipi 10 week Deadlift Routine

Deadlift more, progressive overload, also strengthen your back all together. Rows, pull-ups etc. focus on form and be consistent and it will continue to rise. Also don’t worry about what anyone else lifts or hey this Asian chick weighs 100 lbs and deadlifts more than me etc etc. just focus on you

Wanna thank FiatLux for that info. Numbers up to 165kg. Progress over two years

1 Like