Luke Rockhold to 205!!!

It'll be interesting to see how that chin will hold up against the bigger men at 205.

I dont usually root for Luke,  but when I do he is fighting Shogun

ChomskyBlackBelt -
TheDarkPassenger -
kyleburkle -

Rumble come back fight

Yea i am sick

Rumble would mollywhop that motherfucker so hard he would drop to 170

Hahahaha!

YUP.

I would be concerned for Lukes brain

jpm995 -
MarcusAurelioFan -
McGoat - 

“Didn’t have a great weight cut” 

Sick of hearing that. If you ask most fighters i don’t believe they will admit they had a “good” weight cut. It’s a level playing field with cutting. 

Hey fuckhead, at least he made the weight cut. Romero couldn’t even do that.

Romero took the fight on short notice. Luke had a full camp. Not a fair comparsion.

If Romero couldn’t make weight then he shouldn’t have taken the fight. 

His chin isn't the problem. His poor defense and boxing is the issue. His size, length and body kicks alone make is standup tough to beat. He should have learned basic boxing fundamentals like a real jab that he brought straight back to keep his defense sound. He pushes his jab and lets it drop which leaves him open to counters. Bisping flatout told him this, but Luke is too arrogant to see his own faults and weaknesses. DC is much shorter, but outboxes many opponents because he learned proper boxing. Luke refuses to do so, and will continue to get whacked out making the highlight reels for opponents. Branch damn near did it too. His only chance is to turn pure grappler and try to avoid striking anymore. The blueprint is now out for how to beat him striking.

Gets brutally KO’d twice and moves up to a weight class where dudes punch even harder… ok Luke great thinking there

MasterofMartialArts - 
SopranosQuoteGuy -

Gotta say it brings a certain bit of satisfaction knowing that Luke is at the point that hes looking for excuses as to why he lost.

Means his run is most likely over.

Well holy shit, you are just full of rage and assumptions aren’t you? 

Where was the rage in my post?

The guy is 1 and 2 in his last 3 fights and he has been brutally KOd in both losses.

Includign one to a guy universally known for not having KO power.

“It brings a certain bit of satisfaction knowing that he’s looking for excuses” 

Paraphrasing. That sounds like rage... why else would you marvel at the idea of this? Surely you don’t think this is normal...

”means his run is most likely over”

Assumption. How exactly does this mean his run is over? What facts are leading you to believe this? C’mon son that’s bit of a reach. He’s a huge middleweight... he’s obviously struggled with the cut as documented multiple times. He’s been both the Strikeforce and UFC middleweight champ. The dude is a stud and I think he can get better. We have no reason to believe he is all of the sudden over and done with.

TexDeuce -
The Diet Butcher -

You’re only as good as your last fight here on the UG

It really is crazy. Luke is a great fighter. One of the absolute top dogs. And he loses to one of the best MW's ever IMO. And now he sucks.

That being said, I think LHW is gonna be a tough go for him. But I'm interested to see his it goes. 

Yup... it’s insane. Here we go again with the whole “he was never good” argument. Happened with Aldo, Anderson, why not Luke right? 

Sounds good! Looking forward to some Luke fights.

MasterofMartialArts -
TexDeuce -
The Diet Butcher -

You’re only as good as your last fight here on the UG

It really is crazy. Luke is a great fighter. One of the absolute top dogs. And he loses to one of the best MW's ever IMO. And now he sucks.

That being said, I think LHW is gonna be a tough go for him. But I'm interested to see his it goes. 

Yup... it’s insane. Here we go again with the whole “he was never good” argument. Happened with Aldo, Anderson, why not Luke right? 

I agree that we should allow steroids. 

I want to see Home Runs. But! Every fighter needs to see that same contract. 

I know it isn't a popular opinion. I'd enjoy watching a "anything goes(size/drugs). As long as the fighter knows their heart is probably going to give in around 40-50.

Yeah didn't have a great weight cut is a pretty bad excuse. Weight cuts suck, period.