Lytes Out DEEP Dive " John Perretti "

Perretti is a very intense person!

4 Likes

I am going to revisit the Mark Coleman theory with a different angle

It is impossible for me to believe that a whole bunch of follies and missed calls
Was
Nothing short of calculated

2 Likes

I wonā€™t give away any more about this episode but thereā€™s one moment where Perettiā€™s silence is deafening.

6 Likes

your previous deep dive with John P. he was treating your partner, the bo dog matchmaker, like crap.

ā€œand who are you?ā€
ā€œnever heard of themā€

interesting stories though, about having to hype Vitor up to go in the cage with Wand, etc.

2 Likes

ā€œHe had an interesting job after fightingā€¦ā€ā€¦ :neutral_face:ā€¦

I had the same reaction lol

2 Likes

Yeah. He definitely wasnā€™t too eager to answer that question.

2 Likes

i m reading his book (thanks, detective)
its hard to read
but iā€™ll post a summary here as i go

4 Likes

Donā€™t kill yourself with the summary

Just easy quick notes that can turn into questions

1 Like

122 pages in thus far
very little about mma
coke smuggling, monkey trapping, searching for the titanicā€¦
and this guys insane vocabularyā€¦ its almost lke i am reading a foreign language i dont speak
at this point i have nothing to summarize thats mma related

4 Likes

I know exactly what you are talkong about lol. There were a couple moments like that honestly.

There were definitely moments where Peretti was pretty intense and came off aggressive. You did a good job handling that. I think some interviewers would have been thrown off or intimidated. It is probably how John interacts with everybody.

jp infers that extreme fighting 1 was being worked on before ufc 1

1 Like

I only listen to the Audio

The dead air creates tension, pretty awesomeā€¦I was half expecting Perretti to walk out of the interview at any time

The time outs and ā€œletā€™s get back on trackā€ interruptions are hilariousā€¦Mike deals with them well

The dry deadpan humor

What a character haha

Joe Rogan call outā€¦pretending to not know names of guysā€¦ā€œIā€™m going to get my ring backā€(which ring was it)ā€¦so many funny moments

Great listen

MMA Did exist before Dana and Ferttitas

1 Like

Can we get @crowbar on the podcast, Iā€™d be interested in hearing his stories from the early day to the wec etc, juicy insider stuff.

I think a few people here would appreciate thatā€¦

It did come to my attention recently that him and HKP had beef, but Iā€™m sure you guys could put that aside?

3 Likes

jp sparred with the fighters as a try out for extreme fighting

In Coutureā€™s book, Peretti claimed to have rolled with Couture when he had just met him that day (p. 124).

2 Likes

Hahahahahaahahaha
YOU just cant help yourself !

2 Likes

I only found out about this last week.

You 2 are both old enough to shake hands and let bygones be bygones , right

5 Likes

John Peretti says he learned more in 15 minutes about kicking from mo Smith then he learned in 10 years of karate

3 Likes