MacDonald: I'll annihilate, hurt, and destroy Penn

We all want bj to win. But we all know what's gonna happen. Bj is one of my all time favorites. I'm nervous for what is gonna happen Phone Post

XFactah416 -
bmd - Did you guys who are saying Rory is being cocky watch the video?

Ariel asked him if he respects BJ. Rory said yeah, he respects many things about BJ and his skills, but he tries not to think about them because he's fighting him.

Ariel asked if Rory thinks his skills are on par with BJ Penn. Rory says "on par?" He then says I don't know... we're going to fight on Saturday and we'll figure out which way the bar bends.

Ariel then asks how do you expect the fight to play out? Rory says I think I'm going to annihilate him... in every field.

He didn't sound cocky at all. Just confident. Rory never even said he was going to "annihilate, hurt, and destroy Penn". That was a made-up quote by the UG Blog.

Well said.

Where did Rory said that he was going to "annihilate, hurt, and destroy Penn"?

He said he was going to annihilate him but that's blowing the quote completely out of context. Rory seemed very calm, collected, and confident and certainly didn't go out of his way to smack talk BJ at all.

He said he was going to hurt and destroy him in the beginning Phone Post

Mike Ricci molded Rory into a prima donna like him. Rory was shy and not socially experienced, he didn't have a hope.

That said, even in his Montreal metrosexual state he is going to smash BJ.

Matt Phillips -

PLEASE keep talking shit, Rory. PLEASE!!!

Oooh yea! This is the bj I hope that shows up Phone Post

wreckker - 

Bj is a beast in round 1....

Minute 1 of round 2 at times....

After that he slows down and takes beatings

Rory is a BIG Ww. With REACH who uses a variety of skills on offense

BJ is a small WW giving up reach, size, cardio, who mainly boxes as offense.

BJ has chance early. Aftr minute 2 of round 2 it's all rory Phone Post

I have to agree with this.

If you re-watch the Diaz fight he was even winning that fight in round 1. Then you could see him pull the usual shit where he starts to wilt early into the 2nd and by the 3rd he's a gassed punching bag who can take unreal amounts of damage just trying to make it to the end.

If his cardio is where it needs to be, he will win this fight. Rory is not going to outskill him. He won't sub him and he won't hurt him on the feet.

This fight wont go well for BJ.

Poindexter - 

I hope BJ smashes him. Phone Post

This + 10 internets

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - That was kind of a mean thing to say.

Must not have watched video. That is somewhat of a trolling headline but it is NOT the UG Blog to blame. That's the same title that the website and Ariel tweeted. Rory even said in that interview that he doesn't even focus on WHO the opponent is in training.

Billy Joe Rottoncrotch - That was kind of a mean thing to say.

as opposed to the mean shit he said about GSP and tristar?

BooZe - 
Matt Phillips -

PLEASE keep talking shit, Rory. PLEASE!!!

Oooh yea! This is the bj I hope that shows up Phone Post

TTT for BJ to get one last HUGE win.

Hoping Penn's cardio doesn't fail him again.... 

WHATS UP WITH THE MISS LEADING HEADLINE???

hurt and destroy?

nick diaz nut hugger - 
cheesesteak - WHATS UP WITH THE MISS LEADING HEADLINE???

hurt and destroy?

Welcome to a UG Blog thread, where epic titles are the result of Kirik's brilliance and shit titles are the product of Jason's or Chris' ineptitude :) Phone Post

Ya man no crap... Rory said i'll annihilate him in every field, never hurt or destroy. Shit is bull shit.

nick diaz nut hugger - 
triso -
wreckker -  Bj is a beast in round 1....

Minute 1 of round 2 at times....

After that he slows down and takes beatings

Rory is a BIG Ww. With REACH who uses a variety of skills on offense

BJ is a small WW giving up reach, size, cardio, who mainly boxes as offense.

BJ has chance early. Aftr minute 2 of round 2 it's all rory Phone Post

I have to agree with this.

If you re-watch the Diaz fight he was even winning that fight in round 1. Then you could see him pull the usual shit where he starts to wilt early into the 2nd and by the 3rd he's a gassed punching bag who can take unreal amounts of damage just trying to make it to the end.

If his cardio is where it needs to be, he will win this fight. Rory is not going to outskill him. He won't sub him and he won't hurt him on the feet.

No. If you rewatch the Diaz fight, you'll see Nick turn up the intensity in round 2 because he was frustrated with losing round 1. That loss can't be blamed solely on endurance, sorry. The same BJ that beat Sherk, Florian, and Diego would have lost that fight to the superior boxer in Diaz. Phone Post

At lightweight? You're really taking this "nick diaz nut hugger" stuff serious.

cant wait

I have always respected BJ Penn's skills, but have always found it hard to root for him due to his on-camera persona. There always seems to be an excuse and/or sense of entitlement regarding fights that don't go his way.

But the thing is, BJ has been at the top of the pile for so long that perhaps he has earned the right to feel like what is his is his.

Rory has not. And yet I'm sensing the same kind of attitude from Rory, as though winning this fight is his due. But he's new to the game compared to BJ.

I'm having a hard time rooting for any particular fighter here. But I'm pumped for the fight itself, because these are two serious men with serious skills.

No matter who loses the fight, MMA fans win, because it's going to be an awesome fight. That's all I know for certain.

That BJ Gif

Vote me down -

How can ya root for someone who almost got into a fight with his best friend over a pair of red jeans.......

Did they both really badly want to wear the red jeans ?

Or was ricci just embarrassed to be on a date with a guy wearing red jeans? Phone Post

Penn is going to wreck this kid...I think BJ will shoot for the first takedown too

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
XFactah416 -
bmd - Did you guys who are saying Rory is being cocky watch the video?

Ariel asked him if he respects BJ. Rory said yeah, he respects many things about BJ and his skills, but he tries not to think about them because he's fighting him.

Ariel asked if Rory thinks his skills are on par with BJ Penn. Rory says "on par?" He then says I don't know... we're going to fight on Saturday and we'll figure out which way the bar bends.

Ariel then asks how do you expect the fight to play out? Rory says I think I'm going to annihilate him... in every field.

He didn't sound cocky at all. Just confident. Rory never even said he was going to "annihilate, hurt, and destroy Penn". That was a made-up quote by the UG Blog.

Well said.

Where did Rory said that he was going to "annihilate, hurt, and destroy Penn"?

He said he was going to annihilate him but that's blowing the quote completely out of context. Rory seemed very calm, collected, and confident and certainly didn't go out of his way to smack talk BJ at all.

He said he was going to hurt and destroy him in the beginning Phone Post

Oh noes, not a fighter saying they will hurt another fighter!