Machida vs. Sonnen is going down @ UFC 136

What's the point of this move? He has a good shot @ 185, why is getting a fight @ 205 ?! I really don't understand the point of this fight...

Godmode - What's the point of this move? He has a good shot @ 185, why is getting a fight @ 205 ?! I really don't understand the point of this fight...

Good payday.

Avenge his friend, Randy Couture.

Confident he can beat Lyoto.

Many prior fights @ 205lbs.

Victory over a top 205lbs contender can still be used as leverage for a middleweight title fight rematch to take his belt.

He can defeat any man God ever made.

Willin - 
Godmode - What's the point of this move? He has a good shot @ 185, why is getting a fight @ 205 ?! I really don't understand the point of this fight...

Good payday.

Avenge his friend, Randy Couture.

Confident he can beat Lyoto.

Many prior fights @ 205lbs.

Victory over a top 205lbs contender can still be used as leverage for a middleweight title fight rematch to take his belt.

Not to mention the amount of hilarious banter he can conjure up for a guy that drinks his own piss every morning is going to be hilarious and will serve to increase Chael's persona in the media.

Chael sonnen is basically my hero, while most hate him can we at least say that he is NOT ducking any fights?

GodSaveTheReem - Chael sonnen is basically my hero

Your parents must be so proud to know their son's hero is a money launderer, cheater, liar, juicer, perpetual shit-talker, loser, disrespectful jerk.

caliphornia - 
GodSaveTheReem - Chael sonnen is basically my hero

Your parents must be so proud to know their son's hero is a money launderer, cheater, liar, juicer, perpetual shit-talker, loser, disrespectful jerk.

u mad? you must be so upset that your idol anderson silva is just a man like everyone else

GodSaveTheReem - Chael sonnen is basically my hero, while most hate him can we at least say that he is NOT ducking any fights?

If Chael is your hero you should live on another planet.

Dr Violence - 
kungfugrip - wrong, he beat filho

1 and 1. The closest things Chael has to a victory over a Brazilian are:

- a bullshit win over Babalu that has been taken off the records, and avenged by Babalu anyway
- after losing to sane Filho, jabbing crazy Filho to a decision
- almost beating Anderson but losing to himspectacularly

With all that, plus the total clowning by Maia, you can see why he would develop a complex about Brazil.

Terraform - He has never forgiven brazillians for teaching the world how to triangle choke.
Chael would be a hall of famer one of the greatest of all time if they hadnt!

that is funny as hell

Why does Machida keep getting easy fights? First a 50 year old and now a 185er.

Willin - 

Anderson Silva and the other 10 men who have beaten him beg to differ.

jjj2121 -  I think Chael's goal is to lose to the entire Blackhouse team while talking shit about what prissy bitches they are.

You're next Nog.

ttt

I got Sonnen by knockout. Haters gonna hate.

Samoanpowr - Not a big fan of Machida's but I will enjoy watching him beat that cheating, lying, felony case catching, shit talking, WWE career modeled, choke artist.

Exactly Phone Post

as some one who will purchase the best seats I can get for the Houston card, this news is outstanding!

Chael by anything that he wants. It will be a one sided dominating beat down, and Chael will make it look easy.

It's already been shown that the way to beat Machida is with precision well timed striking, not wrestling.  Lyoto eats wrestlers for lunch.  Probably not a good idea for Chael.

oh holyshit people...you took the "chael is my hero" thing a little too far...

I would get in an argument, but...i think i am gonna go over my girl's place instead...just seems smarter

(comments regarding the existence of her is 3...2...1...)

Soup and Beer -  It's already been shown that the way to beat Machida is with precision well timed striking, not wrestling.  Lyoto eats wrestlers for lunch.  Probably not a good idea for Chael.

perfect, 'ol C.P. Sonnen showed his striking in the Ando fight, he'll beat Macheetah for sure then...