Maia Bandwagon?

Still 100% aboard. Maia made a mistake and paid the price. Hopefully he won't make the same one twice and will grow as a fighter from the loss.

He'll be back and better than before.

He's 7-1 in the UFC, and again his loss was a razor thin decision.  That's a bit different than crashing face first into the mat in the first minute of a fight.

He's beaten everyone other than Franklin they've put in front of him, and beaten them all decisively.  Dean Lister, Alan Belcher, and Mike Swick are all better than Maia's best win.  Again, Okami can't win fights he's not booked in.  They don't book him against any top fighters, and no top fighters want to fight him.  instead with an 7-1 record he's fighting Chael Sonnen (terrible fight).  Who will he get if he wins, Nick Catone?

still a huge fan.

notice the respect he still receives vs. a bisping.

i haven't seen too many threads bashing his ko loss.

i'm a fan. he's humble, respectful, and a threat always.

Maia is still a beast. He just made a critical mistake and more than likely would’ve been better off sticking to his strengths.

It was incredibly disappointing for him to go out like that, but it is what it is. I hope he comes back mentally stronger as the submission monster as we all know.

i will always be on this train...

we still do not know who really is a better fighter. Nate threw a great punch and it was over.. shit happens.

iiowyn -  He needs to work on a tight striking game focused around defense.

This. and Maia would sub Bisping before he even realizes he's on the ground.

Maia is still a top guy. No shame in losing to Nate the Great. Maia just needs to remember his strengths while continuing to improve on his Mixed Martial Arts game. He could sub anyone in the MW division.

Still a Maia fan, and I'll continue to root for him whenever he fights.

ilove any fighter with that level of bjj