MainstreamMMA- C.R. Iowa/ April 5!

lol

this is going to be awesome!

are you kidding?Koch grapples with better people.Ha did you forget what gym Joe comes from.

steelballs, you misunderstood or I didn't put it correctly. What I meant was I haven't seen him get tapped for quite some time against people who imo are better grapplers than Pearson. One person for instance being his brother, Keoni. And no I'm not kidding.

word

No offense but your crazy.  Joe is amazing at jiu jitsu and you can ask anyone at militich.  Joe roles with the best in the world on a daily basis.  I think Koch is tough and has a bright future ahaead of him but he has never faced anyone like Joe ever and i don't think anyone can argue that.  I will be there and am willing to bet you.  we dont have to go crazy but we can keep it a friendly bet.  A couple bucks or a beer or two. 

ttt

Joe Pearson will own that fight.

Monoghan has a serious battle with Grubb. That will be fight of the night and I can't pick a winner.

Results???

"are you kidding?Koch grapples with better people.Ha did you forget what gym Joe comes from. "

No we didnt forget what gym Joe comes from, he comes from a stellar gym, arguably the best or one of the best in the world. We have nothing but respect for the Militech camp, in fact our great friend Jesse Lennox after accepting a job in Davenport is now training there. Joe Pearson is a great fighter and in preperation we did not underestimate him, a truely great fighter and very respectful. My hats off to him. But lets not underestimate our ability fellow forum brethren. We started, and STILL train in a basement as well as at the National Guard, but you know what we train hard, and probably dont get the credit we should.

RESULTS BELOW:

1. Erik Vo vs. Lance Meredith Lance Merideth via Tarantuala Submission rd two. Dominated the fight. Great work Lance!

2. Randy Meade vs. Scott Suhr I believe Randy took this by armbar. Looked pretty good off of his back and in transition. Scott is a guy you will be hearing more about in the future.

3. Josh Wagner vs. Lonnie Scriven Scriven comes out with a huge belter kick to the head. Gets taken down, defends well, reverses and lays it on thick for a ref stoppage. Looked great.

4. Matt Wilcox vs. Dj Sykora Great fight. Back and forth, it was apparent that Wilcox was a little bigger but DJ has dealt with that effectively. This went to decision, with Matt getting the better of the wrestling, and DJ getting the better of the striking. No fighter was hurt or beat up, more tactical with Matt getting the razor thin decision. DJ is fighting a little heavier than he should and will be back at 135 where he should be kicking ass. That being said, Matt is good and I expect to see good things from him.

5. Trung Tran vs. Alex Harper Harper was all over this and after a clinch, takedown ended up securing the choke. Great win

6. Marshal Blevins vs. Ted Worthington This I actually thought was going to be a great war. Levins threw a kick, Ted snatched it up and took him down. Levins ended up on top and Ted went for an armbar but was a little loose, Levins went for the slam and Ted transitioned nicely into a triangle for the lockout. Not a punch was thrown. Very slick sub by Ted.

7. Todd Monaghan vs. Rasak Al-Hassan Didnt see much of this one, but was a ref stoppage. I belive that Rasak won but I dont know. Getting ready for Derrick

8. Rashad Brooks vs. Derrick Mehmen Derrick came out throwing the jab to lure Rashad in. Derrick hit the double and put Rashad down. From there he poored it on and never let up. constantly reigning them down. Rashad attempted to get up but Mehman was too much and after a long while the ref stopped it as Rashad was unable to defend himself. I dont think he was hurt or devistated, but he couldnt defend himself. After the fight Rashad smacked away Mehmans attempt for the handshake and did the same to the ref a couple times in protest. Resulted in a suspension from what I have heard. We thought it was a little stiff but the athletic commission wasnt happy.

9. Luke Gwaltney vs. Eric Wisley This fight was pretty even with Wisley pressing most of the time. Luke would land good strikes as well and it was tactical but you could tell Eric wasnt getting tired as usual. In the second round Wisely and Luke locked up and Wisely went for a wierd throw. It ended up in Luke going headfirst into the bottom of the chain link fence and the fence opened up the most horrific cut I have ever seen. Stopped immediately. When they took the blood soaked rags off of his forhead I was stairing directly at his skull. It was fucking crazy. Got it stitched up though.

Middleweight championship 10. Brian Monaghan vs. Tom Grubb Grubb was the stronger though Monaghan was the bigger it looked like. Brian came in with strikes and attempted to take down Grubb but was stuffed. Grubb grinded down Monaghan round after round and still looked very fresh. After constant barrages and takedowns from Grubb, eventually Grubb transitioned from crucifix side control to mount and locked up an arm triangle for the tapout. Tom looked great and finally picked up that belt he deserves.

Lightweight Championship

11. Erik Koch vs. Joe Pearson

Erik Koch, winner TRIANGLE CHOKE. 47 seconds. Nuff said.

19 years old and submitting Joe Pearson in under a minute: holy fuck! Line up to eat crow people, I think we've got a serious contender here

And if Rashad got suspended it was owed to him for the last time he fought in Mainstream so ttt for the Iowa State Athletic Commission

TMFY isn't the only one with the tarantula in his arsenal, lol.

of course my cornerman Keoni made it happen for me!!!

Congrats Guys! It was a pleasure as always. Hope the footage turned out OK Keoni.

Thanks Beau, the footage was actually very very good. I dont know what was better, the fights or your color commentary. I am making you a copy. That shit is classic.

great fights and congrats to Erik and his team. The place was going fucking nutz!

fresh crow coming out of the oven right now

ttt

Where are all the critics at again?

i have to hand it to eric he did great sucks for me by pretty much starting in his triangle i didnt even want to be near his guard much respect to dave scherzer and that crew of tough and classy bunch of guys i will be back but going down to my original 145 good luck to eric that belt looks good on you man.peace joe pearson