man, this dude's bjj is off the chain.

CJJScout - jayflo, have you ever trained with Dave Camarillo?

It was ion's ago, but yes. The footage from my highlight video when I was in Japan as a kid was a trip that Dave was on as well. I always looked up to Dave as he was a few age groups older than I at all the So Cal tournaments growing up. He always had the nastiest ground game, i remember him telling me once to "stick with the newaza, you got some good stuff".

Years later I went up to train up at San Jose State before the 2003 US Open in Las Vegas. He was one of many guys I'd work out with while preparing. By this time his BJJ game was of the charts. The little randori we did with each other was not "gameday" speed and more to prep and train for an upcoming event. Dave is an AMAZING judoka, his family was instrumental (without them knowing it) in giving me direction during some rough adolescent years when I could have easily dropped Judo/wrestling for some kiddy nonsense. It always important to have ppl to look up to, especially during developmental years IMO.

I never really trained BJJ ground game, all the ground stuff that I used can be attributed to the hurry up reffing that occurs in judo, so speed is of the essence so I focused more on transitional takedowns to sub's or pins. Wrestling built the position awareness to my ground game that many miss in Judo due to the lack ground training.

hey Justin,

awesome video.

How do you feel about the new leg grab rules?

Thanks for the clarification of the 'matte' stuff.

Jayflo: awesome video. Camarillo's Guerilla Jiu Jitsu book changed the way I look at BJJ, in that it opened my eyes to the 'grip n' go' way of both rolling and approaching the standing aspect.

ttt

joe canada - Thanks for the clarification of the 'matte' stuff.

Jayflo: awesome video. Camarillo's Guerilla Jiu Jitsu book changed the way I look at BJJ, in that it opened my eyes to the 'grip n' go' way of both rolling and approaching the standing aspect.

That's interesting that you say that. I'm gonna rethink picking Dave's book up now. Originally I looked at it as..."well it's just a bunch of moves some of whome i have seen....and I'm not flying through the air anytime soon...LOL"

Nice to hear.

WRESTLENOW - 
Hunter V - 
WRESTLENOW - i watched that video and its clear that man is a wrestler.

take your trolling elsewhere, esp when the guy in the vids is on this forum answering questions.

jayflo 145 - so I focused more on transitional takedowns to sub's or pins. Wrestling built the position awareness to my ground game that many miss in Judo due to the lack ground training.

bwahaha, god damn you got owned boy, check your tongue next time you speak out of turn or it will be checked for you.

actually I got owned on nothing. The man has said that he trained wrestling when not in tourney season. Your schtick is old so check YOUR tongue child.

HoldYerGround - FYI,  Dude does seminars.

I still enjoy taking time from my day job to teach classes and seminars around the US. I can take my skills and adapt them to a variety of disciplines, from wrestling to MMA to bjj.

If anyone is ever interested, don't hesitate to contact me.

http://www.jfloproductions.com/Justin.html

Justin
justin@jfloproductions.com

Justin is a great teacher and an insanely good grappler. Highly recomended if you have the opportunity for a seminar.

damn, that vid bout man me cry it was so freaking awesome. I love judo

Love the uchimatas, really great Judo style groundwork too. I'm always getting criticised at Judo for my groundwork not being quick/aggressive enough.