Manager explains Palhares subs

Moke - 
Winston Wolf - 
Moke - Even in the gym, when someone is going after a heelhook and/or kneebar, you are playing a risky game trying to twist and spin your way out. It's a gamble, and you're relying on your training partner to be nice about it. But at some point it sticks and it's tendon destruction time, except that your partner is playing as nice as possible. Even then, the risks are so great that many gyms don't allow it.

In a FIGHT, and against a master technician and physical beast like Palhares, you have to let go of the preconceived notions and habits of gym training...of thinking you can fuck around when your knees and heels are getting attacked. If you don't want them shredded, you better tap and give up the fight as soon as he gets the position. Because every moment you play around when he's on your leg, you're at risk for instant damage. And that's on you.

It's not up to him to give you leeway and time to, "figure it out". Give up right away or takes your chances. But don't complain later. And as far as I know, I haven't heard Fitch complain.

he tapped literally 10 times

Tapping has nothing to do with it. I think the reason no one was answering your question is because the answer is so obvious. It's common knowledge that all the fighters are instructed not to stop until the ref stops the fight. They are instructed NOT to stop fighting when someone taps, and to only stop when the ref stops it.

As soon as the ref grabs Palhares, he releases. What exactly is the problem?

Like I said, when Palhares grabs your leg, you better tap EARLY so the ref has time to save you. Otherwise the risk is yours to take.

ok then why did ref has to use right hand to pry Palhares grip off sub as always

Moke - Even in the gym, when someone is going after a heelhook and/or kneebar, you are playing a risky game trying to twist and spin your way out. It's a gamble, and you're relying on your training partner to be nice about it. But at some point it sticks and it's tendon destruction time, except that your partner is playing as nice as possible. Even then, the risks are so great that many gyms don't allow it.

In a FIGHT, and against a master technician and physical beast like Palhares, you have to let go of the preconceived notions and habits of gym training...of thinking you can fuck around when your knees and heels are getting attacked. If you don't want them shredded, you better tap and give up the fight as soon as he gets the position. Because every moment you play around when he's on your leg, you're at risk for instant damage. And that's on you.

It's not up to him to give you leeway and time to, "figure it out". Give up right away or takes your chances. But don't complain later. And as far as I know, I haven't heard Fitch complain.

Some of Palhares' opponents have tapped as soon as possible. It makes no difference.

I think the ref should have a stun gun / taser and jab it in Paul Harris to let him know its time for release.
I'm sure his opponent would prefer a little shock to a ripped knee.

Liyon -
eljamaiquino - 
The Sultan - Its his history that hurts him. Guys legs get fucked up when paul Harris gets a hold of them.

That said, he did not hold his last sub on fitch too long. I felt like he was fine. Phone Post 3.0
Name one guy that needed.surgery after Palhares leg locked them. Tate, Nogueria, Sylvia all needed surgery after their sub losses. Why aren't Rousey and Mir held to the same standard? Phone Post 3.0

B/c their opponents didn't tap.

Palhares is held to the "higher" standard b/c his opponents do tap.
Tate, and Nog tapped after the damage was done, and Mir and Rousey didn't stop till the ref came in. Fitch tapped too late to prevent damage. It's the same situation, but Rousimar gets grief because of his past despite Mir and Rousey causing much more damage to their opponents. Phone Post 3.0

eljamaiquino - 
Liyon -
eljamaiquino - 
The Sultan - Its his history that hurts him. Guys legs get fucked up when paul Harris gets a hold of them.

That said, he did not hold his last sub on fitch too long. I felt like he was fine. Phone Post 3.0
Name one guy that needed.surgery after Palhares leg locked them. Tate, Nogueria, Sylvia all needed surgery after their sub losses. Why aren't Rousey and Mir held to the same standard? Phone Post 3.0

B/c their opponents didn't tap.

Palhares is held to the "higher" standard b/c his opponents do tap.
Tate, and Nog tapped after the damage was done, and Mir and Rousey didn't stop till the ref came in. Fitch tapped too late to prevent damage. It's the same situation, but Rousimar gets grief because of his past despite Mir and Rousey causing much more damage to their opponents. Phone Post 3.0

refdont have to pry themoff the sub like Palhares Watch refs right arm

Winston Wolf -
Moke - 
Winston Wolf - 

Tapping has nothing to do with it. I think the reason no one was answering your question is because the answer is so obvious. It's common knowledge that all the fighters are instructed not to stop until the ref stops the fight. They are instructed NOT to stop fighting when someone taps, and to only stop when the ref stops it.

Like I said, when Palhares grabs your leg, you better tap EARLY so the ref has time to save you. Otherwise the risk is yours to take.

ok then why did ref has to use right hand to pry Palhares grip off sub as always
He doesn't have to. He's trained to do that. The ref had to physically separate Tate and Rousey. A ref pulled bj's arms off Hughes and Pulver. It's just like refs stepping in between fighters after k.o.s. they physically create separation as a matter of policy. A ref pulled Silva's triangle off Chael. That's what the ref is trained to do.... Phone Post 3.0

lol since when DON'T refs pull fighters apart?

Bull.Sh*t.

Moke - lol since when DON'T refs pull fighters apart?

watch refs hand PRY Palhares arm off the sub Happens every time he fights

eljamaiquino - 
Winston Wolf -
Moke - 
Winston Wolf - 

He doesn't have to. He's trained to do that. The ref had to physically separate Tate and Rousey. A ref pulled bj's arms off Hughes and Pulver. It's just like refs stepping in between fighters after k.o.s. they physically create separation as a matter of policy. A ref pulled Silva's triangle off Chael. That's what the ref is trained to do.... Phone Post 3.0

ref shouldnt have to pry arm off the sub when he says thats it and guy tapped 10 times

Winston Wolf -
Moke - 
Winston Wolf - 

Winston Wolf - 
Moke - lol since when DON'T refs pull fighters apart?

watch refs hand PRY Palhares arm off the sub Happens every time he fights

I'm saying it's NORMAL to pry fighters off each other. That's what refs do to stop a fight. That's how a fight officially ends.

ill agree to disagree I think a ref saying stop should be enough and I think he always holds subs long .Then again I could be wrong.Sorry for hijacking thread Im done here Have a great holiday everyone