Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Mayweather, JR Agree

The Epicness of this fight would be mindbottling. 

frontrow brian, why would Top Rank and Golden Boy be talking about a Margarito v Cotto fight when Margarito and Cotto are both promoted by Top Rank. Golden Boy does not promote Marga'cheat'o or Cotto

Sounds like BS, and this is rather random. You would hear more news about it in the major boxing sites. Either way, I wouldn't be that psyched about it, because I don't care much about boxing like I used to. But I would certainly watch it, if there's no MMA on. I won't believe this until I read it on a major website though.

cld53 - frontrow brian, why would Top Rank and Golden Boy be talking about a Margarito v Cotto fight when Margarito and Cotto are both promoted by Top Rank. Golden Boy does not promote Marga'cheat'o or Cotto

They're not talking about it publicly, and there's always a chance it won't happen, but Top Rank and HBO PPV are looking at Dec. 4 as the date for a possible Antonio Margarito-Miguel Cotto rematch. Margarito, of course, still needs to be licensed in the United States.

source: http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/5318696/tournament-more-super-five-six

Theonlyvivid - Sounds like BS, and this is rather random. You would hear more news about it in the major boxing sites. Either way, I wouldn't be that psyched about it, because I don't care much about boxing like I used to. But I would certainly watch it, if there's no MMA on. I won't believe this until I read it on a major website though.

To each there own. But its good to see non fans. Still "willing to watch it" . Proof that Boxing as a sport attracts much attention..

Theonlyvivid - Sounds like BS, and this is rather random. You would hear more news about it in the major boxing sites. Either way, I wouldn't be that psyched about it, because I don't care much about boxing like I used to. But I would certainly watch it, if there's no MMA on. I won't believe this until I read it on a major website though.

Dana learned learned the hard way not to go head to head with Mayweather when he fought Marquez.

He had to eat a lot of crow.

He moved his UFC event entirely when Mayweather and Mosley decided to fight on May 1st with no regard to his event. 

Trust me. No MMA promotion will dare try to go head to head with Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

Slipperypescado - 
cld53 - frontrow brian, why would Top Rank and Golden Boy be talking about a Margarito v Cotto fight when Margarito and Cotto are both promoted by Top Rank. Golden Boy does not promote Marga'cheat'o or Cotto

They're not talking about it publicly, and there's always a chance it won't happen, but Top Rank and HBO PPV are looking at Dec. 4 as the date for a possible Antonio Margarito-Miguel Cotto rematch. Margarito, of course, still needs to be licensed in the United States.

source: http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/5318696/tournament-more-super-five-six

he says Top Rank and GOLDEN BOY...Golden Boy has nothing to do with Cotto or Margarito. I'm not saying there aren't talks, I am saying that if there are talks Golden Boy has absolutely nothing to do with either fighter.

PrettyBoy - 

Dana learned learned the hard way not to go head to head with Mayweather when he fought Marquez.

He had to eat a lot of crow.

He moved his UFC event entirely when Mayweather and Mosley decided to fight on May 1st with no regard to his event. 

Trust me. No MMA promotion will dare try to go head to head with Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

<br type="_moz" />

I'm pretty sure no UFC event will match that at this point in time, but I would likely stream it rather than order it..because usually the cards are crap and the main event is the only fight worth watching. Just haven't been satisfied with many boxing events, that I just free stream it somewhere..Not worth my $55-60.

To each there own. But its good to see non fans. Still "willing to watch it" . Proof that Boxing as a sport attracts much attention..

I actually compete in amateur boxing and MMA currently, and I have always loved Boxing. I've caught myself taking breaks during the fights, and its hard to catch my attention like it used to. Maybe because I get more excited watching MMA. But yes, to each is own. I will certainly stream it tho, in hopes of catching something exciting.

Theonlyvivid - 

I'm pretty sure no UFC event will match that at this point in time, but I would likely stream it rather than order it..because usually the cards are crap and the main event is the only fight worth watching. Just haven't been satisfied with many boxing events, that I just free stream it somewhere..Not worth my $55-60.

If this fight does go down I hope you change your mind about ordering it or going to see it in a theater.  This will be one of the fights in history you could tell your grand kids you saw live. 

There is no way you will regret spending 60 -65 bucks on it.

PrettyBoy - 
Theonlyvivid - 

If this fight does go down I hope you change your mind about ordering it or going to see it in a theater.  This will be one of the fights in history you could tell your grand kids you saw live. 

There is no way you will regret spending 60 -65 bucks on it.

<br type="_moz" />

No offense to anyone, but I will take my chances streaming it. I've been smart enough to do it in the past few boxing events, and thanked myself for not dishing out the $60.

Theonlyvivid,

Cool that you can compete in both. I wish you much success.

I would say most of my teammates do not watch boxing as fans. But this fight is of interest to us.

How many times a year do you have training camps for each?
I am curious. Since boxing alone takes up alot of our time. Let alone have a separate camp for mma

Things are looking very good!!
Kinda disgusted that Margarito will get some limelight!! Should be Mosley vs Cotto 2 !!!

I asked, “When Margarito fights again, will it be in the undercard for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao?” Bob Arum said, “Yes”!

Like I said, nothing is set in stone until both fighters sign on the dotted line.
But judging from the silence from both camps and the reactions of the people involved, it really looks like we're going to see Pacquiao-Mayweather in November.

If they fooled you once before, then you might want to wait until everything is official,

but since I never really got suckered into this the first time around, and I always said and believed this fight was intended to simmer and truly go down towards the end of 2010, I am definitely buying this. See you in Vegas in November!

source http://www.8countnews.com/news/125/ARTICLE/2660/2010-06-23.html

Food for thought...
5 more days for an answer..

By Mark Vester

Former BALCO founder Victor Conte, regarded as one of the leading experts on performance enhancing drugs, believes Floyd Mayweather Jr. is justified in requesting random Olympic style drug testing for a potential fight with Manny Pacquiao.

Conte appeared on BoxingScene.com's official audio show, Leave It In The Ring Radio, and gave his thoughts on the Mayweather-Pacquiao drug testing debate. Negotiations for Mayweather-Pacquiao fell apart earlier this year because the two fighters were unable to agree on the cut-off date for the random drug testing. The fight is back on the table and currently being negotiated for a tentative November date.

Until the BALCO lab was raided in 2003, Conte had a four year run of helping major athletes beat the system by taking performance enhancing drugs and then showing them how to avoid detection.

Conte finds Pacquiao's rise in the sport "suspicious" - because of the many weight divisions that he crossed, while keeping his physical strengths, and his infamous ability to train hard for five to six hours a day during training camp. Pacquiao is the first seven division champion in the history of the sport. He began fighting as a teenager at 106-pounds and now campaigns as the WBO welterweight champion.

"At the very least I would say it's highly suspicious," Conte said, "Going up that many weight divisions and not only maintaining but increasing the strength and power. It's just not something you see. Is he possibly just a genetic freak? I guess that's possible, but its certainly highly suspicious."

"Moving up five or six weight classes and becoming faster and more powerful, yet [staying] very lean. Without the use of performance enhancing drugs....just the stories I hear alone about training for five or six hours a day....you just can't do that."

"It's just rumors at this point, but I think there is certainly reason to target test."

Source: http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28770

More great news!!

Al Bernstein: “ I think Pacquiao-Mayweather is going to be made”

source: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24271&more=1

He goes on and says

“Well I think it’s an interesting fight. I think we’re really going to find out in the first five rounds of that fight because Pacquiao is going to get hit with some kind of impressive right hand by Mayweather. He tends to get hit with a real quick fighter like Marquez who could hit him with the right hand. Mayweather is going to do that and Mayweather’s a good puncher, a sharp puncher, and might be physically a little bigger than Pacquiao or at least has been at higher weights more often. I think we’re going to know when Mayweather lands one of those right hands lands—did it hurt Pacquiao? Did it knock him down? Did it get him in trouble? Does it lead to more of an onslaught? If the answer is any of that, then obviously Pacquiao is in big trouble and he’s probably going to lose the fight. If, however, he gets hit with one of those right hands and he’s able to shake it off and continue with his onslaught of seventy or eighty or ninety punches a round and make Floyd Mayweather fight every second of every round, which he does not like to do, then I think this fight is going to get very interesting as we head into the second portion of it and I think that’s where Pacquiao certainly has a chance to win the fight.”

I think that is a fair assessment.

Al Bernstein is the best boxing announcer in the business. I agree with his take.

And when ever Victor Conte says that Floyd is justified in asking for random blood tests there's pretty much no one against the testing but Pacquiao, his camp, and his supporters.

Manny ready to agree to all of Floyd's demands to call his bluff

Source:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/boxing/article/829705--pacquiao-set-to-call-mayweather-s-bluff-trainer-says

^^^LOL at that article or anything Roach says.

He is just a mouth thats calls 0 shots.

"I can't speak for Manny, I can't speak for (Bob) Arum but..."

"He pointed out that Pacquiao, who Monday was sworn in as a congressman in the Philippines, hasn't officially signed off on the stringent drug testing Mayweather has demanded."

Nothing to see here

I hope to God that Manny "calls his bluff." If Pac were to agree to random tests with no cutoff, and Floyd still doesn't take the fight, I would turn against PBF in a heartbeat.

That's been the whole problem all along though. Pacquiao just won't agree to random testing.

PoundforPound - I hope to God that Manny "calls his bluff." If Pac were to agree to random tests with no cutoff, and Floyd still doesn't take the fight, I would turn against PBF in a heartbeat.

That's been the whole problem all along though. Pacquiao just won't agree to random testing.

This...I also wouldn't care if Floyd wanted the bigger ppv cut.  The guy outdraws Manny virtually in all of his fights, it is clear he is the biggest draw in the world.  I don't understand why he would go with a 50/50 split.  

60/40 is reasonable 55/45 should make the deal.