Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Mayweather, JR Agree

Don't know about this one but

According to this tweet from TV.com sports reporter Molly E. Sullivan, the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight of myth and legend is suddenly becoming real; all set for late November in Las Vegas. Sullivan:

Lunch update from my #1 source in Vegas: Pacquio/Mayweather IS happening late Nov... Steve Wynn is building an outdoor venue just for fight.

Source: http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/06/firm-date-for-pacquiao-mayweather-fight.html.php

And I agree PrettyBoy Roach has been consistently putting foot in mouth when it comes to saying what the super ego of Manny is going to do.

And yeah Manny needs to see that he is NOT the draw overall.

"At the very least I would say it's highly suspicious," Conte said, "Going up that many weight divisions and not only maintaining but increasing the strength and power. It's just not something you see. Is he possibly just a genetic freak? I guess that's possible, but its certainly highly suspicious."

He has been in the ring at close to the same weight for years no matter which division he was fighting in.

Is it surprising that when not deyhdrating and rehydrating himself by 10+lb in 24 hours, he has more strength and power?

This guy is supposed to be an expert whose opinion we should listen to and he doesn't even understand the concept of weightcutting?

If Manny tests and the fight happens nothing else matters, Orcus.

Trevor Wittman is an asshat. What is that man's claim to fame again?

Pacquiao by Decision or maybe even KO. But the KO would be icing on the cake.

And it's a no go in Big D. Mayweather nixed that venue. It's going to be in Vegas...again. What is it with all of the damn fight game (UFC, Boxing) going to Vegas? Does Vegas pay those site fees to bring the event?

KissMisery - Trevor Wittman is an asshat. What is that man's claim to fame again?

Pacquiao by Decision or maybe even KO. But the KO would be icing on the cake.

And it's a no go in Big D. Mayweather nixed that venue. It's going to be in Vegas...again. What is it with all of the damn fight game (UFC, Boxing) going to Vegas? Does Vegas pay those site fees to bring the event?

YEP

Dallas offered 25 million.  Vegas can offer even more because people are going to gamble and sleep there.  Its also the kind of event that will bring in literally  100's of mega high rollers - and thousands of very wealthy  people laying down serious bucks.  

Gives Vegas the upper hand on pretty much any regular sports venue even the great cowboys stadium. 

I would much prefer to watch fights in Vegas than in Dallas.

But spreading the big boxing fights around to different venues would be healthier for the sport.

Hype is starting to build big time

Tons of Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. online fight chatter today. It started with sportscaster Molly Sullivan saying the fight is on in November in an outdoor venue to be built by Steve Wynn. But promoter Bob Arum countered, saying the date is definitely Nov. 13 but at Thomas & Mack Center.

source: http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs/luxe-life/2010/jun/29/strip-scribbles-online-chatter-abuzz-over-pacquiao/

The more this fight is starting to become real...

I was originally not even giving Manny a chance to beat Floyd ( not even a punchers chance).

Watching film of the Oscar fight. people are correct Floyd hates volume punching.

But can Manny be as accurate. Manny's defense is his offense.

Floyd already knows what Manny brings. once Manny starts getting eaten alive in the ring will he be able to adjust during the fight or will he continue to wait on breaks to get further instructions. If he cant adjust in real time game over for Manny.

But Manny is DANGEROUS for sure.

^i'm pretty sure the LVPD gets a heads up before mostly anyone before an event like that happens.  High ranking officers are just as 'in the know' as anyone.

Pac man has signed, whatever that means, up to mayweather to sign according to Arum
Source:
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-floydpac063010

PBF will beat Pac Man. Floyd will counter Manny all night long and expose his lack of defensive boxing.

Man its close I can feel it.

Manny signed a contract two week response is all they are giving
Source: http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/06/30/mayweather-has-mid-july-deadline-to-accept-pacquiao-deal/

"Koncz added that there are documents in the hands of the Mayweather camp. They include an agreement between Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions on Mayweather's demand for a random drug testing protocol and a tentative agreement on a 50-50 split of the purse"

Oh wow 50-50 split is bad news . I dont think Mayweather is going to agree to that..

LOL

Slipperypescado - 

Source: http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/06/30/mayweather-has-mid-july-deadline-to-accept-pacquiao-deal/

"Koncz added that there are documents in the hands of the Mayweather camp. They include an agreement between Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions on Mayweather's demand for a random drug testing protocol and a tentative agreement on a 50-50 split of the purse"

Oh wow 50-50 split is bad news . I dont think Mayweather is going to agree to that..

I'll give Money May the benefit of the doubt - he took his time signing the Mosely contract too...

But if he balks at the 50-50 split then we know that it's not all about leveling the playing field :-)

how level can 50-50 be?

I could see why Mayweather would want 60-40 since he has the better PPV numbers.

But if that's what kills this fight I will never forgive him. 50-50 is fair.

PoundforPound - 

But if that's what kills this fight I will never forgive him. 50-50 is fair.
It's really not.  Not at all actually. 

Manny better be doing straight up random testing for Mayweather to even consider this.  

The fact that Top rank keeps leaking stuff to the press despite the agreement not to should be a red flag to everyone that they are up to something. Meaning the contract Manny signed still has contentious issues which have not been agreed upon.  Basically Manny just signed a contract with the terms he wanted and is giving Mayweather an ultimatum to accept it in two weeks or he is walking. 

He thinks releasing it to the press will put added pressure on Mayweather to accept it since if Mayweather doesn't agree to some of the termsin the signed contract it will look like he is "changing" things. When  In reality they probably never were agreed upon in the first place.  I also find it interesting that he says he worked out a agreement with Golden Boy over the drug testing...he needs to make sure Mayweather is ok with the drug testing procedures he is the one making the fight and he said total olympic style testing.

To me it all sounds shady.  Looks to me  like Manny hasn't agreed to total random drug testing and he is trying to get a grab at a slice of the purse he doesn't deserve.

Mayweather vs Hatton  850k (keep in mind the ppv in England did 1.5 M)

Pacman vs Hatton 825

Mayweather vs De La Hoya  2.4M

Pacman vs De La Hoya  1.26M

Mayweather vs Marquez  1.05M

Pacman vs Marquez 400k

Against other mega stars not common opponents

Mayweather vs  Mosley 1.4M

Pacman vs Cotto  1.25M

How is 50/50 fair?

PrettyBoy, it's true that we have to see what kind of drug testing it is that Manny agreed to. I don't want to jump the gun yet until we know exactly what is in the contract they sent PBF.

Prettyboy already making excuses for PBF's inevitable dicktuck.

Why am I not surprised?

They had already agreed on 50/50 when trying to sign for the last fight. It was the drug testing that held everything up.

Pure - Prettyboy already making excuses for PBF's inevitable dicktuck.

Why am I not surprised?

Not at all. Just not trusting the word of Koncz...one of the biggest scumbags ever.