MARC LAIMON is annoying

"Relax bro...No need to get all soap opera dramatic. Im sure Dean is used to guys staring at her. He didnt flip out, or challenge anyone at the gym who was staring at her. The guy is not some loose cannon, so I dont know why youre trying to make him out like that. And how is me saying she has a "bomb body" perverted?
"
You relax it wasnt a threat it was a joke....

"damn shes hot...and no im not staring at her"
LOL

didnt realize it was a joke. I thought u were the gate keeper all the sudden

again, laimon's skills as a trainer are not in question..

just his antics during hi students' matches. what would matches be like if everyone was as disrespectful of the ref, other opponent, and spectators as he was?

The yelling is annoying when anyone does it, but it's almost a necessary part of the game and its smart to do it. It can really put ideas into a ref's mind--or into an opponents. When I was at my first GQ I had a guy in my guard and had a head and arm guillotine. Granted, I shouldn't have had the arm in there, but I still had it on tight and I bet I could have made the guy tap (ah the agony of hindsight). Anyway, a really LOUD guy in his corner was yelling "he doesn't have that choke, he doesn't have it. Just hold out a minute because he's gassing himself out. Let him squeeze cuz' your not gonna tap, blah blah blah." And guess what, I fell for it and let go. Then he cought me in a sub and I tapped.

Anyway, I've seen loud corner people make a huge difference in matches and maybe that's what Marc's doing. No matter what, he's friggin' good and I'm a big fan.

Like him or not Marc Laimon is a great coach.

I've been coaching for a long time in wrestling and the tactics he uses are exactly what we use. He's just very loud about it(a good thing) and people aren't used to it. The bottom line is Marc doesn't care what people think and he coaches the best way he knows how to get the best results and it shows in his school's heart, skill, and winning percentage.

His sense of humor is also very entertaining.

Just remember when you go up against a guy from Cobra Kai, you're definitely competing against Marc Laimon himself so you better tap the guy or dominate him hands down.

Props to Marc Laimon and Cobra Kai...I like your style!

Brian "Darumpshaka" Peterson
Team Freedom MMA

A lot of fucking hilarious quotes on this thread! This one takes the cake....I can't stop laughing:

"...oh shit u lost spangler!"

ROTFLMAO!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I say Marc is a darn good coach for what he does. As he said helping guys make BB decisions can only help. They certainly don't have to listen and can pick and choose what advice to take. Maybe it would be distracting to an opponent...every edge helps.

As for arguing and heckling refs...so big deal. A Coach should scrap for everything. I wouldn't do that personally, but I understand.

Even with Laimon's loud voice, I can only hear bits and pieces of his instructions when he's coaching me. So yes, his loud voice helps.

Laimon is the most annoying person on earth.

please tell me you purposely misspelled business.....

Laimon is like the curly haired guy from karate kid that yells "kill him Johnny"

we went from being some unknown school who won chris brennans westside submission team title to being the best school on the west cost in under a year... marc laimon is at class teaching and rolling with his students twice a day everyday...he watches videos of our matches with us at his house and helps us work on mistakes... and he shows up to every tournament and coaches each one of his guys sometime running back and forth between 2 or 3 matches at a time!!! hes the most deidcated instructor i know... he flies out blackbelts D1 wrestlers national champions and top pro fighters and lets them stay at his house just so they can train with us and bring up the level of the room... when im wrestling and hes yelling at me i dont think hes that loud.... i know i heard my other instructors being silent or not even present much louder... thats why i train with marc ... oh ya by the way i just won 300 bux by tapping guys in the advanced divison and ive been training just over a year... i guess having an annoying coach helps

I witnessed him coaching Jay Hieron at the Half Moon Bay championship, and I was impressed at the way he coached.
He sat in a chair directly in the corner of the mats, like ULTRA front row to coach his fighter.
Jay won.
My coach is also loud, and right there in the mix, so I can't complain.....
Sergio Silva rules....
Open Door baby!!!

Anyone who has a coach like Marc is lucky. Better than a guy who's never there, that's for sure. Congrats to all the winners from Cobra Kai.

I would rather have a coach that yells instructions so the whole gym can hear than a coach that just sits there and tells you what you did wrong after the match is over.

scrap if you want to call me a pussy for juding laimon's behavior, thats your prerogative. doesnt make it any less invalid.

i think many of you are falling into a common 'either or' fallacy. grappling coaches arent all EITHER very loud OR completely quiet. many great coaches ive seen yell when they need to, and are quiet when nothing they say can really affect the situation.

as a fan of matches, laimon annoys me because his incessant shouting is distracting.. and because sometimes he seems to like to do it just to do it.

again, i just think that if everyone carried on the way he did, it would make for a terrible atmosphere.

LOL @ going on the internet and calling a guy a pussy for him calling people names on the internet!!

Very hot. Are there anymore pics of Dean's wife. And I am definately not going to look at the photos, just curious ;)

What a lame thread.

so..... basically usurper is annoyed because he has a short attention span and is unable to follow a match if he can hear someone speaking?