Mario Sperry leaves Blackzillians

How much reign did sperry have? Phone Post

Xuh - 
carcaju - One of them probably woke up in Aronas guard.

you'd have thought if Sperry had taught them anything, he'd have taught them what to do in that situation.

then again... I haven't been watching closely. How many faggot punches have Blackzillian fighters been throwing in their recent fights?

Awesome

GayGuardMooseSaucy - That whole camp needs to disband. Phone Post

That's stupid. Why would a whole camp need to disbanded because they are losing? Maybe train harder or make some other tweaks, but to suggest they just disbanded because a losing streak is ridiculous. Phone Post

Rashad and melvin guillard needs to go back to jacksons. Phone Post

BrCutter -
KevinMcAllister -  Didn't they ditch Van Arsdale for Sperry? Phone Post

Negative.  Both were there at the same time.  MVA got injured really bad and stuck it out through Rashad's fight with Jones, but then departed.  I think he was a head coach, but primarily a wrestling coach for them.  

Oh ok, thanks for the info. Phone Post

Rudi - Rashad and melvin guillard needs to go back to jacksons. Phone Post

Melvin left just as he was hitting his stride and stringing quality wins together....he should never have left. Phone Post

"Won't work with head coaches anymore"

WTF? Who do they think they are? I swear to god, this team's biggest problem is the hubris of its stars. Phone Post

Are there any other (winning) teams in MMA with this same arrangement? Phone Post

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

That's stupid. Why would a whole camp need to disbanded because they are losing? Maybe train harder or make some other tweaks, but to suggest they just disbanded because a losing streak is ridiculous. Phone Post

If they're not winning what's the point of the big training camp? Phone Post

And the downward spiral continues...

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 

Well, it's just a bunch of guys who train together and keep losing and now don't have any head coaches. What is the advantage for them to stay together?

dhas - Complete total joke, i think a lot of guys are just training there because they are getting paid to, i think (im not sure) Overeem said he was getting paid to train at Blackzillians, probably by Jaco, not because they think it's the best camp, probably like some guys said, most of these guys party all over Florida and don't push themselves hard in training (like Bas Rutten said on Overeem, he doesn't have the same sparring partners he had at GG.)
They really should disband, everyone go back to where their previous camp, if anyone can tell me someone who has improved since being in the Blackzillians, it would be helpful.

Michael Johnson.

BOOM. Phone Post

Tom Lawlor -
dhas - Complete total joke, i think a lot of guys are just training there because they are getting paid to, i think (im not sure) Overeem said he was getting paid to train at Blackzillians, probably by Jaco, not because they think it's the best camp, probably like some guys said, most of these guys party all over Florida and don't push themselves hard in training (like Bas Rutten said on Overeem, he doesn't have the same sparring partners he had at GG.)
They really should disband, everyone go back to where their previous camp, if anyone can tell me someone who has improved since being in the Blackzillians, it would be helpful.

Michael Johnson.

Vitor looked good his last fight too, and almost got jones arm in the fight prior Phone Post

I've heard that they're considering Lloyd Irvine as their head coach being that his team is deteriorating.

This may turn out to be the best MMA team in the next year or two. Phone Post

This article is from July,30,2012 from MMAFighting.com

One of MMA's powerhouse teams has a new head coach. Mike Van Arsdale, who has been the man running the show since the group's inception, has decided to relocate to Arizona to be closer to his family and start his own gym. In as his replacement is grappling legend Mario Sperry, who has been coaching at the gym since earlier this year.

Authentic Sports Management CEO Glenn Robinson confirmed the changes to MMA Fighting on Monday, saying they had been in the works.

The news first trickled out through social media, with Van Arsdale soon confirming his departure through Twitter. But, Robinson said, Van Arsdale's westward move does not mean the end of the relationship between the two sides.

"Mike is a good friend and always will be," he told MMA Fighting via e-mail. "His kids missed him as they lived in Arizona and he lived here and went back and forth. He went home to be more with his wife and five kids. He will come back here whenever we need him for a camp and is always part of our family and will be back a lot."

"Mario Sperry is the team leader but also Jorge Santiago has stepped up to assist him in a big way," he continued. "Jorge is a tremendous leader as well. The truth is each of our coaches has many, many years of experience and is a natural leader. Henri Hooft our striking coach had over 100 fights before he started coaching and has coached now for a long time. So leadership is within every coach on the team. We have a new full time wrestling instructor (Babak Nejadmoghaddam) so for the fighters there is no change at all in how things are done. This change actually was in process for a while now so it was not sudden by any means. It was planned out well in advance of being able to affect the athletes."

Van Arsdale notably helped guide Rashad Evans to a No. 1 contender spot in the UFC's light-heavyweight division. Although Evans fell to Jon Jones in the match, he became the first fighter to go the distance with Jones in nine fights.

The 45-year-old Sperry competed in MMA where he compiled an overall record of 13-4, including a stint in PRIDE, where he went 4-3 with a win over Igor Vovchanchyn. He also once fought Murilo "Ninja" Rua to a decision loss before retiring in 2007. Sperry is one of the founders of the influential Brazilian Top Team, a fifth-degree black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and is considered a grappling wizard who has captured several prestigious titles including both the 99kg and Absolute divisions of the Abu Dhabi Combat Club submission wrestling world championships in 1998.

Aside from Evans, Blackzilians members include Alistair Overeem, Jorge Santiago, Eddie Alvarez, JZ Cavalcante, Michael Johnson and Melvin Guillard, among others.

SonOfThePeepHole - Whats the blackzillians record righg now? Phone Post

Winning percentage is around 30-35% in the UFC I believe Phone Post

Now they are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Mario Sperry can do eeeevveryyythiiingg he wants. BING!