Masvidal to cut 20LBS in 6 Days!

I love Jorge, and I am rooting for him.

BUT cutting 20lbs in 6 days is super risky going in against Newsman.

That being said, he knows he has only 1 round to finish this fight, so we can expect to see him go SUPER SAIYAN for 90 seconds.

Does he win by 1st round KO? or does Usman finish Street Jesus by crucifixion?

1 Like

Thats a ton of weight. He'll gas

1 Like

He is losing this fight regardmess

5 round wall and stall win for usman

1 Like

20lbs isn't that bad?

Can any pros speak on this?  With a solid week to prep I dont feel like 20lbs should be too bad at all

22 pounds (192 to 170), international travel across the world, then Dubai’s plus 110 degree heat, all in 6 days, must be a motherfucker.

1 Like

He’s going to gas after 4m in that heat.

Least he got paid.

Good for him.

FatBuddha - 22 pounds (192 to 170), international travel across the world, then Dubai's plus 110 degree heat, all in 6 days, must be a motherfucker.

Indeed. It’s not the 22 pounds. It’s all of that together… while Usman is fully ready and a cardio beast

Jorge has to go for the KO

Sprawl'n'Stall -
FatBuddha - 22 pounds (192 to 170), international travel across the world, then Dubai's plus 110 degree heat, all in 6 days, must be a motherfucker.

Indeed. It’s not the 22 pounds. It’s all of that together… while Usman is fully ready and a cardio beast

Jorge has to go for the KO

He ll prolly have it down to 10 day of

Jorge has been around the block a few times, I'm sure he can handle it.

Having said that I wish weight cutting would bugger off already.

5 Likes

No biggie. Spencer fisher cut 23 lbs in two days in first fight against Stout. 

1 Like
Reggie Warren Jr -

Didnt he lose that fight?

0hi0direct -

20lbs isn't that bad?

Can any pros speak on this?  With a solid week to prep I dont feel like 20lbs should be too bad at all

Yeah if I’m fully carbed up on fat 0 I can lose 20 lbs in 5 days easy. 

JoeHurley - 
Reggie Warren Jr -

Didnt he lose that fight?

Don’t let that get in the way that he cut that much weight. lol

It’s really not as much weight as one would think. I’m sure he’s got it down to a science considering he’s been in the game for Weber and knows what he needs to do. Also, he carries a little body fat so that might help that he isn’t shredded already. 

He has an entire day to recover, it’s not like it’s a wrestling tournament or during wrestling season where you weigh in every week and weigh out after every meet.  He’s got it.

Has Jorge ever gassed during a fight? He has good stamina. Usman stand up is very under rated as well. 

1 Like

Eees normal 

I want to order this card but if Masvidal looks drained for the weigh-ins/stare downs then I won't bother. Street Jesus would need to be in very good physical condition to have a chance against Usman. 

As I said, Masvidal took this fight because he has a great built in excuse for losing to Usman and he also gets back in good favor with the UFC by saving the card!

This fight doesn’t get me that excited because I want Masvidal going in with gull training camp and no excuses

1 Like
An Old Shoe - 

Has Jorge ever gassed during a fight? He has good stamina. Usman stand up is very under rated as well. 

When has he ever taken a fight on 1 week notice?

When was the last time he was in a 5 round fight?

Has he ever fought a pace pushing cardio freak wrestler like Usman?

If you factor all that in, it’s hard to trust Masvidal to be on point in his cardio.

Also I actually think Usman’s stand up is overrated. He developed a reputation from his stand up war with Covington, one which I thought he was losing 3-1 going into the 5th round. And I don’t think Covington’s stand up is good either. They both rely on wrestling and pressure to have an effective standup game. Neutralize the wrestling and I think both are average on their feet.

Colby Covid19ington -
An Old Shoe - 

When has he ever taken a fight on 1 week notice?

When was the last time he was in a 5 round fight?

Has he ever fought a pace pushing cardio freak wrestler like Usman?

If you factor all that in, it’s hard to trust Masvidal to be on point in his cardio.

Also I actually think Usman’s stand up is overrated. He developed a reputation from his stand up war with Covington, one which I thought he was losing 3-1 going into the 5th round. And I don’t think Covington’s stand up is good either. They both rely on wrestling and pressure to have an effective standup game. Neutralize the wrestling and I think both are average on their feet.

SN doesn’t check out.

Interesting stand up analysis.

not necessarily wrong though.

1 Like