Masvidal vs. Wisneiski online now

I also think masvidal won

Cool Ruffdogg.

It is hard to say to a guy 'judge' and then say 'well, you judged wrong'.

It sucks to see people lose fights that close. When it can go either way, no one really won or lost imo.

It sucks to see people lose fights that close. When it can go either way, no one really won or lost imo.

Miguel, could you send me a email on rafahdias@yahoo.com.br
or give me your email adress, I think I got a wrong one
Thanks a lot

Meehel, are the deliberations between you and the judges going to be aired on a television spot? Also, can you either confirm or deny that two of the judges were attacked by a panther?

Rafi - you are fighting again. I dont know when yet. I think it will be ROB ROY, who is a Strasser guy.

MI

I am at itur_miguel@yahoo.com

We may address the issue on an episode, we may not. Either way, I wont be on camera. The pics alone should tell you that is smart!

Whatever, want to purchase "the hand" picture to hang in my powder room.

In any case, Avellan left out something in his analysis.

Round 1:

first, Keith clearly wins the stand-up the first round. He lands some solid combos while Masvidal does not land a punch until two minutes into the fight(masvidal lands a kick but gets a right hand to the head for his effort). Meanwhile, Keith is stalking forward the entire time. At 3:36 Jorge lands his first punch - a jab to the body. A few seconds later Jorge gets hooked to the head and a right to the head. Jorge only lands two more punches in the round, both jabs with one of them going to the body (see about 3:36 left in the fight and 2:40 left in the fight). Right after the jab to the head, Keith initiates the clinch and throws Jorge on his head. Keith does some solid ground and pund - nothing special but solid enough to do some damage and keep the ref from breaking it. Masvidal does get up with about 20 seconds left, only to find himself in a guilotine and then a crucifix. thats keith's round plain and simple

Round 2: Even his coach knows he lost that round. To call it a close round is to admit that you are either Jorge's coach or are badly in need of corrective lenses.

Is it the bacon, Kid?

must be, lol.

ttt

First I have to say I have great respect for what the Avellan's have done with FFA. It is nothing short of amazing how they've grown and produced such quality fighters in such a short time. I didn't watch the whole fight, but would probably give the first round to Keith due to the slam and control on the ground. Stand up was a non factor as no big punches landed that I noticed.

My question is about Jorge's profile. It says his only loss is a contraversial one to Paul Rodriguez that most spectators insisted should have been awarded to Jorge. Now I wasn't there, but from what I've heard, Paul knocked him down with a punch and then choked him unconscious. Where's the controversy there? Just wondering if the profile was just to hype Jorge, or is there something I missed about the fight.

Anyway, judges decisions are what they are. I guess if Keith learned anything from this it's to not ride out what you think is a decision win and keep the pressure on for the whole fight. GL to all fighters.

mikeblak, Jorge didn't say a lot of what was on his profile online. Like the underground fighting stuff... Same thing with the Paul Rodriguez loss, if you go to his audio interview on the bodog website, he talks about the Rodriguez loss and gives him props for it and denies anything controversial about it. He doesn't respect his loss to Assuncao, maybe the guys from Bodog got the two fights confused.

Thanks for the words about my brother and I. I appreciate it very much.

kidpresentable, you can say what you want about my brother or Jorge, fact remains Jorge has the "W" and the winner's purse in his bank account.

Marcos

Miguel, if you are reading this, can you contact the people from bodog to correct Jorge's profile about the Paul Rodriguez loss being controversial? Just remove the word controversial from it.

You can leave the underground fighting stuff, sounds cool :)

Thanks for the clarification Marcos. That just struck me as odd. Man I really mean it when I say I am just amazed at what you guys have done. I know how tough this business is and what you have down there is something special. I look forward to visiting your academy one day when I'm in the neighborhood. GL with continued success and tell Jorge I wish him the best in his future.

-Mike

ttt

Mike, I insist that you come by if you are ever in the neighborhood. And yes, it is a TOUGH business but I can't really take all the credit. I'm surrounded by some great people at FFA and everything we have was accomplished together. I also have to give big thanks to Lloyd Irvin for giving me life altering advice on training and business.

Seriously, if you are in Miami, please look us up.

Marcos

I'll do that man. Thanks for the invite. Maybe you can share that advice you got from Lloyd when I get there. I could use a good kick in the ass :)

-Mike

Gator Man, that is news to me. I'm Jorge's manager and we tried to setup a rematch with as many promoters as possible. After a while, we gave up on it. Promoters often stretch certain facts, but basically I heard he didn't want to give Jorge a rematch. The only offer I got for Jorge was to fight his brother Junior but something came up and it never happened.

Jorge feels he won the fight and would jump to fight Raphel in a second. Well, now, it would have to wait until after December. Jorge has one more fight signed with Bodog at 167. After this fight, he is going to drop back down to 155. He really doesn't want to fight again at 167 but is doing one more to keep the bodog show format steady (winners versus Red Devil).

If you know Raphel or if he is reading this... if you guys want to organize something directly with our camp, hit me up at marcosffa@bellsouth.net . Maybe that could speed things up and we can find a promoter or something. Like I said, a rematch would have to wait until after December.

Mikeblak, no prob, looking forward to meeting.

Irishlew, you can reverse all the decisions in the world, Jorge still has the $$$ - which is all he cares about.

Marcos

Thats awesome, it would be great if all the fighters got the winner's purses! The more money for the guys who step in the ring, the better!

Regardless, Jorge still doesn't care about the "controversy" because the money he flew to Costa Rica for is in the bank.

Marcos