Matt Bessette for UFC Boston

His original opponent was Jeremy Spoon, a 20-3 fighter from Oklahoma. Unfortunately, he pulled out and Rey was a late replacement. 

Matt consistently signs to fight top-tier opponents, but something like 5 of his last 6 original opponents have dropped out. 

I understand his original opponent pulled out and that it has occurred multiple times to him but the level of fighters he is beating are not high level.

Believe me when I tell you that the UFC knows who Bessette is...but there is a reason he hasn't been called up yet. And that reason is he is fighting lower tier fighters. I would love to see him fight Sean Soriano now that he is back fighting regionally. That would be a great baseline to see whether or not he is UFC caliber. Soriano went 0-3 in UFC. I truly think Soriano KO's Bessette but who knows. Both fighters are signed to CES.

FirstNobleTruth - 

His original opponent was Jeremy Spoon, a 20-3 fighter from Oklahoma. Unfortunately, he pulled out and Rey was a late replacement. 

Matt consistently signs to fight top-tier opponents, but something like 5 of his last 6 original opponents have dropped out. 

They apparently want no part of him. Otherwise, they wouldn't drop out.

TTT

Yes!  

This is the type of opponent he (Bessette) needs to be fighting to show he deserves to be in UFC.

He dominates in CES. He puts his punches together well and has solid submissions.

I'm a little mystified as to why he hasn't been called up, yet.

He's a good dude. Hope he gets a shot

Jody - He dominates in CES. He puts his punches together well and has solid submissions.

I'm a little mystified as to why he hasn't been called up, yet.

He is dominating low level fighters. He gets to pick and choose his opponent because he sells 100's of tickets. That's the exact reason he hasn't been called up. This opponent will be his calling card if he wins.

He could easily fight Calvin Kattar (16-2) or Sean Soriano (UFC vet) since both are signed to CES. If he beats either one of them he goes to UFC but instead they feed him lower level guys.

He'sgot a pretty tough fight, on Tuesday, on Dana White's contender series.  

Holobaugh is no joke.

SensoriaUtopia -

Fuck you WME, pieces of shit, Bessette should have been in the ufc not months ago but years ago, they knew about him a for a while, exciting fight, and no spring chicken at 32, now they put him against Holabaugh who is a legit ufc quality fighter, he loses by strikes, and now likely will never get a ufc shot, which is fucked up, because it's not like he lost to a subpar guy, he lost to a ufc quality guy

Just grinds my gears a tad

Bessette should have been in the ufc years ago but you are mad they put him up against a "legit' ufc quality fighter? Doesn't make sense. If he was in the UFC years ago he would have faced plenty "legit" ufc quality fighters by now

SensoriaUtopia - 

Fuck you WME, pieces of shit, Bessette should have been in the ufc not months ago but years ago, they knew about him a for a while, exciting fight, and no spring chicken at 32, now they put him against Holabaugh who is a legit ufc quality fighter, he loses by strikes, and now likely will never get a ufc shot, which is fucked up, because it's not like he lost to a subpar guy, he lost to a ufc quality guy

Read my previous post. Bessette has always been protected because he sells huge amounts of tickets. He always had hand-picked opponents. He fought C-level fighters. A step up in competition and he was dominated.

Romo Detector 2015 -
SensoriaUtopia - 

Read my previous post. Bessette has always been protected because he sells huge amounts of tickets. He always had hand-picked opponents. He fought C-level fighters. A step up in competition and he was dominated.

And when he beat Diego Nunes and took Daniel Weichel to a decision, was that C-level competition? Fuck off loser. 

I agree that he is a solid regional fighter. But not UFC level. His two fights against UFC level fighters he has lost (Proctor and this recent one.)

SensoriaUtopia - 

You're reaching here, man. I'm a Bessette fan and think he belongs in the UFC, but you can't blame WME for giving him too tough of a first UFC fight. Lando Vanatta's first UFC fight was on short notice against Tony Ferguson, Horcher's first UFC fight was short notice against fucking Khabib, Joe Lauzon's first UFC fight was against Jens fucking Pulver...I could list 100 of these.

If there are 500 fighters under contract with the UFC, there are probably 500 more that would do well in the UFC too. At this point there are probably 100 guys that got a win or two on TUF but aren't in the UFC. They can't sign every good fighter in the world.

They didn't give him an easy fight, but when it was announced, we were all happy for Matt, all thought it was a great fight for him, and I don't think we can really act like WME fucked him because it didn't work out the way we wanted.

Matt will be back, and I could be wrong, but I doubt he feels like the UFC gave him too tough of a fight.

The UFC has known who Bessette is for a long time BUT like I am saying he wasn't beating killers regionally. If he wants to get a shot in the UFC I think he needs to beat Calvin Kattar locally and probably Sean Soriano. Both are signed to CES as well as Matt being the champ. Soriano went 0-3 in UFC and would be a great measuring stick to see if Bessette could compete.
I still believe Kattar is best 145er in New England. Just my opinion.

I'm assuming you are a friend or training partner due to you irrational and illogical thinking. He is lucky to have a friend like you.

I guarantee if he can beat Soriano or Kattar in CES he will get the call up.

SensoriaUtopia -
Romo Detector 2015 - The UFC has known who Bessette is for a long time BUT like I am saying he wasn't beating killers regionally. If he wants to get a shot in the UFC I think he needs to beat Calvin Kattar locally and probably Sean Soriano. Both are signed to CES as well as Matt being the champ. Soriano went 0-3 in UFC and would be a great measuring stick to see if Bessette could compete.

Jesus Christ bro, if you beat Nunes and Weichel you are clearly ufc level, Weichel would beat 80% of the ufc fw's

I thought Nunes won that fight

deezlemike -
SensoriaUtopia -
Romo Detector 2015 - The UFC has known who Bessette is for a long time BUT like I am saying he wasn't beating killers regionally. If he wants to get a shot in the UFC I think he needs to beat Calvin Kattar locally and probably Sean Soriano. Both are signed to CES as well as Matt being the champ. Soriano went 0-3 in UFC and would be a great measuring stick to see if Bessette could compete.

Jesus Christ bro, if you beat Nunes and Weichel you are clearly ufc level, Weichel would beat 80% of the ufc fw's

I thought Nunes won that fight
Kattar is a beast though does he still fight? last I heard he took over combat zone mma.