Matt Hughes is +175 vs Diego???

I believe Hughes has better striking, wrestling and even ground game than Diego. Diego will have the edge in cardio and chin but that's it

Haadogei - I feel the Nog Schaub fight will be a similar scenario, I will have an urge to bet Nog but he will probably not pull out the win.

Schaub is only -220 and I like Schaub at those odds. Figured he'd be more like -300.

Would love to see Nog win but I don't think this is a competitive fight, honestly. But it would be awesome to see Nog pull out another miracle when least expected. Definitely not placing a bet on Schaub because I'm rooting heavily for Nog.

hughes is gonna eat diegos lunch and then burp it back up in his face.

hughes has some slow hands and will start slow.... Deigo is gonna start fast and hurt him....

ShadoKhan - hughes has some slow hands and will start slow.... Deigo is gonna start fast and hurt him....

Diego never hurts anyone.

thelast10er - 
jjj2121 - 
ShadoKhan - hughes has some slow hands and will start slow.... Deigo is gonna start fast and hurt him....

he ko'd riggs and came the closest to KO'ing clay guida
Riggs was a longgggggg time ago and he dropped Clay...who recovered quickly.  If anyone wants it, I'll pay 5-1 odds that Diego doesn't KO/TKO Hughes

thelast10er - 
jjj2121 - 

I think Florian was just a bit closer...

thelast10er - 
jjj2121 - 
thelast10er - 
jjj2121 - 

Riggs was a longgggggg time ago and he dropped Clay...who recovered quickly.  If anyone wants it, I'll pay 5-1 odds that Diego doesn't KO/TKO Hughes

Would take it but fuck paypal.

Id recommend this bet strongly for others
I don't need paypal, cash, moneygram, money order are all fine.

thelast10er -  Like do i just mail you cash or something?

I've had people on the UG pay me by money order by mailing to my house, moneygram, etc.  I trust that you are good for it Tenor, my track record speaks for itself

DSaint - <blockquote style="background-color: rgb(238, 238, 221);">japetto - <blockquote style="background-color: rgb(238, 238, 221);">da Vinci 81 - Hughes is only fighting for a paycheck now and has no real hunger left.

I am not even close to a Hughes fan at all, but I don't think he would ever just fight for a paycheck.  It's not in his character.<br type="_moz" />
 Exactly. I think this fight is all about legacy and trying to prove something to himself. If he beats Diego then it just confirms that Hughes is still a world class fighter who will only lose to world class opponents. If he loses to Diego, it's because age finally caught up to him. Diego hasn't looked anywhere close to world class in years. He was a beast around the time of the Diaz/Karo fights, but Matt Hughes isn't Diaz or Karo. I think if they would have fought during that time period, Hughes would have beat him. I also think Hughes beats him now. I hope anyway.

Maybe fghting for a paycheck wasn't quite what I was getting at. More that he's only fighting now because he enjoys it, not for the desire to be the best anymore. People tend to underestimate how much this comes into play for guys later in their career, and I think this is where Hughes is at now.

He knows he'll never be champion again, but he still enjoys competing. Going up against younger guys with more passion and drive like Diego are too much for a guy nearing the end of his career with really nothing to prove.

Hughes by whatever he wants

bad matchup for Hughes IMO Phone Post