Mauro is AWFUL.....

i'm willing to bet that if mauro was a frequent poster on the UG and that Rogan never posted here then all the posts would read "Mauro is amazing and Rogan is a loud hack"

over use of retard metaphors. hyping of fighters with no talent. mentioning the ufc in every other sentence, thus giving the ufc free ads on exc shows. and he sounds very retarded too. quadros knows his shit and is great. mauro needs a fiery car crash.

ABE FROMAN -  ...I guess I never noticed his over-excited style in PRIDE but on SHOXC it's REALLY fucking annoying.

agreed

johnnynoname - i'm willing to bet that if mauro was a frequent poster on the UG and that Rogan never posted here then all the posts would read "Mauro is amazing and Rogan is a loud hack"
And..? If Mauro posted here we might get more insight into his personality - other than just the irritating commentating.

ROCKY IS HERE! ROCKY IS HERE!

With his ridiculous "stage" voice and penchant for hyperbole and histrionics, Mauro would be much better off as a pro wrestling announcer.

Christian Montes - and how does this make him any different from Joe Rogan? (over-excited "OHHHH!!!", taking too much time to explain a tech and not synching with the action, and biases toward certain fighters during and after the fight)

For one thing Rogan talks like himself and doesn't try to put on some bullshit overdone announcer voice. Joe also speaks like a genuine fan as opposed to Mauro who writes dumb metaphors ahead of time and tries to sound like a third rate Shakespeare.

Calling Mauro a "third-rate Shakespeare" is an insult to Shakespeare.

I sort of realized that when I wrote it.

He makes me miss the good old days of Damon "the Dog" Perry.

"For one thing Rogan talks like himself and doesn't try to put on some bullshit overdone announcer voice"

i think the bullshit-overdone announcer voice is his real voice :) i know someone who works with him and can confirm. Rogan just has a feel like he's commenting from the bleachers, with hot dog and beer spilling out of his mouth. if he were doing commentary on football or any other sport, i think it would be just as annoying.

Mauro does a good job. I also enjoy his radio show on the fight network.

Commentating is one of those things that everybody thinks they can do, but is much harder than it looks.

That said, I can't stand listening to Mauro. He seems way too pleased with himself.

Quadros knows his shit and is one of the reasons people think the job is easy; He makes it look easier than it is.

Goldie is awesome. He's funny without meaning to be.

KEVIN RANDLEMAN HAS KNOCKED OUT MIRCO CRO COP!!!!!

I will never ever forget those words.

Bas,Frank, and Gus Johnson would be stellar

Harris and Mir is the best team...

Goldie and Rogan are ok...

everyone else is garbage, except Bas...

Great announcer voice but dont mean much when you dont know the sport very well.