Max vs Alex - who are you picking for the trilogy?

I really like both of these guys, I think Max is the king of 145. But if Volks wins again, hes gotta be in GOAT FW talk.

Volk

10 Likes

The judges will never allow max to win. So Volk

1 Like

Same, hope Max sejow shocks us all.

Volkanovski is too beastly right now.

3 Likes

Volk. If Max wins that means another fucking rematch. No thanks

3 Likes

Bit early. He will have 4 defenses if he beats Max but depends how convincing it is considering most people/writers had Max winning the second. So other than that he beat Ortega (good win), TKZ (looked great but TKZ wasn’t the #1 contender and also looked old). So he would only have faced 3 unique opponents in his reign and includes a controversial decision.

He did beat Mendes and Aldo going up to the title, but Mendes was ready to retire and the Aldo win was legit and showed he was part of the next gen elite but it wasn’t prime Aldo and he didn’t do too much that fight - def not like Max did to Aldo.

Aldo has 9 defenses alone and a legit record of wins post Connor loss: Edgar (still prime), Stephens, Moicano, Munoz, Vera, Font.

I think Max has a better resume than Volk too.

Volk is arguably the best and most complete fighter today but has to settle the biz with Max first.

1 Like

Against TKZ, who with all due respect isn’t a great indicator against Max. Volk did look incredible that night tho and also vs Ortega. There is a reason why both fights with Max were close tho.

3 Likes

This. How fucking bad do they want max as champ. Hope volk finishes him and puts a stamp on it

4 Likes

Max’ll be slurring his words a whole lot worse after Volk is finished with him.

2 Likes

Thats why I said another win over Max, plus aside from Max no one looks close to him. I do have a feellng Anold and Evloev are gonna be serious problems

Max will get a lead then look to stall the last round or 2…Give them away,
Then he’ll say it was a bad decision.

2 Likes

Slurring fake ass shout outs to first responders

1 Like

He’ll be slurring his excuses.
Then Dana will seem pissed strapping the belt on volk.
Then in the post fight press conference he’ll refuse to rule out a rematch.

2 Likes

I can’t pick, probably another razor thin decision. War

Evloev yes, Arnold not so much…

1 Like

Volk seems to be still improving every fight. Max seems to be regressing a bit. Max’s last two wins were tough fights. He def won them but he got tested and really had to grind for the win.

Its going to be another great fight but I feel like Volk takes this one much easier than the previous two.

5 Likes

This seems the likely scenario for me.

3 Likes

I want Max, volk is a tough test, I’d like to see him adapt and finally defeat his nemesis.

1 Like

My fucking nightmare scenario is my eyes telling me Volk won the fight, then Max wins via split, and Dana’s pissed like “I thought it was clear Volkanovski won the fight, and it’d be criminal not to give him a rematch” and we end up with Max vs Alex 4.

I thought Max won the second fight, but still hate this rematch because unless one guy wins in a blowout, it could lead to a 4th fight.

2 Likes