Max vs Alex - who are you picking for the trilogy?

If max loses i hope he goes to 55 for some fresh matchups. He might be my current favorite fighter, never a boring fight. The way he beat kattar was unreal

2 Likes

Yes likewise. Do not want any more rematches with these two guys.

There are other fun match ups for both fighters. They need to do the rounds, make siome money and if they have to meet up some time in the future so be it

1 Like

Sure but I meant even with a win over Max, it’s still early.

They have fought and had plenty of other fun and high level matchups in between already. Volk vs Ortega? Max vs Kattar, Yair?

2 Likes

Is this including WEC defenses?

They fought eachother back to back then had two fights each.

Fair enough but the match up is still getting a bit tired. Volk is talking LW, Cejudo is calling him out. There are some cool options out there.

Regardless I am excited for the weekend.

1 Like

Imo their first two fights weren’t great. If this one should happen cause max is #1 then carla Vs rose 3 should happen too.
Max probably would’ve jumped up in weight again but last time porier beat him.
I pray that volk wins. Not that I have a horse in this race- but if max wins… even if it’s domination. Volk would deserve a fast rematch since he beat max twice. And frankly it was good of him to even agree to both rematches.
Max would owe him.

2 Likes

I guess I’m always for finding out who the best is. Since Max is largely seen to have won the second fight, and the first was still close and both have won 2 fights after in impressive fashion, I’d say this third fight is a must.

Might be like a Pacquiao/JMM situation tho if it’s another close one but Max would have to win to be a 4th fight.

Title fights don’t have to be great to warrant rematches. Do people actually care about determining the best over entertainment anymore? And if Volk didn’t give the rematches, the talk of him not convincingly beating Max would have followed him forever esp considering most people think Max won fight 2.

1 Like

MEDIA SCORES
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 48-47 Volkanovski
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 48-47 Volkanovski
Phil Murphy
ESPN 48-47 Volkanovski
Ben Duffy
Sherdog.com 48-47 Volkanovski
MMAJunkie.com 48-47 Volkanovski
John Pollock
POST Wrestling 48-47 Volkanovski
Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 48-47 Volkanovski
Matthew Wells
FanSided.com 48-47 Volkanovski
Drake Riggs
TheBodyLockMMA.com 48-47 Volkanovski

Steven Kelliher
Tapology.com 47-48 Holloway
Michael DeSantis
MMASucka.com 47-48 Holloway
MMAMania.com 47-48 Holloway
Jed Meshew
MMAFighting.com 47-48 Holloway
Jay Pettry
Sherdog.com 47-48 Holloway
Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 47-48 Holloway
SeĂĄn Sheehan
SevereMMA.com 47-48 Holloway
Stephie Haynes
BloodyElbow.com 47-48 Holloway
Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com 47-48 Holloway
Scott Fontana
Couchside Judges 47-48 Holloway
Greg Rosenstein
The Athletic 47-48 Holloway
Nick Baldwin
theScore 47-48 Holloway
Hadi Mohamed Ali
albiladpress.com 47-48 Holloway
Jim Edwards
MMALatestNews.com 47-48 Holloway
Kendrick Johnson
The Sports Daily 47-48 Holloway
Steve Duncan
mma.uno 47-48 Holloway
Keith Shillan
Sherdog.com 47-48 Holloway
MMABrasil.com.br 47-48 Holloway

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/11126/Alexander-Volkanovski-vs-Max-Holloway

Max actually sat Volk down and wobbled him in the second fight if I remember correctly.

Really pulling for max but I don’t see him winning this. Volk is next level right now

Yes he dropped him briefly with a head kick. I’m a fan of both, they are both super technical and intelligent fighters.

2 Likes

50/50 for me but going with Alex if I had to pick.

2 Likes

Max knows that he is an all time great now.
His confidence and killer instinct are at an all time high.
I don’t want to see Max take any sustained damage and hope the ref stops it in a timely manner.

But if that’s the case then why not carla Vs rose 3?
It was close as a fight can be (cause neither did anything) and rose has already beaten the top girls (like Joanna 2x who destroyed carla).
Honestly rose deserves one more. And I’d put my eyes out with garden shears before I’d watch those 2 again.
Plus 145 men has a helluva lot more viable contenders than women’s 115.

Max had his rematch, got the same result,
If he wins then he needs to face volk at least once more. If he loses it’ll be the same story and no real final conclusion, just bitching about scoring,
This time both guys know they can’t finish the other and it’ll be 2 guys trying to steal rounds by appearing to do more.
One man’s opinion.
But I’m right 86% of the time

1 Like

Yeah. If I didn’t think Volk was gonna whoop his ass and look good doing it I wouldn’t be very excited about this fight. Lots of other fights on this card that I’m excited about too though.

3 Likes

This card is wild

5 Likes

Hope you are right brother

1 Like

The way Max put that beating on Kattar was unreal and his fight with Yair was also a great fight. I’m not sure Volk wins this fight…

1 Like

The first fight wasn’t close. Watch it again.