Max vs Alex - who are you picking for the trilogy?

Why does Max keep getting these title shots when he’s already lost twice to the champ. Volk should be fighting Triple C

2 Likes

I feel like Volk runs through triple c

5 Likes

Hope so! A finish would be epic. Like Frankie finishing Maynard

Volk is impressively technically sound to go along with being very durable. I could see him losing, but would be shocked if he gets finished. Definitely wouldn’t be the craziest thing to happen in mma though.

1 Like

for sure…but if Alex does enough to win, and we end up with weird scorecards and him losing a split…dude deserves a rematch. I hate it, but he deserves it. He loses out on SOOOOO much $ by not being the champion, and it’s really not fair that he gave Max 2 rematches and wouldn’t get one if it’s controversial. As long as it’s a clear win for one guy, no rematches…but it’s not like the UFC can tell Alex he doesn’t deserve one if he looks to win, then gets fucked on the cards.

1 Like

I think Max wins but he has to fight a perfect fight

1 Like

Max needs to check kicks early, he needs to avoid takedowns

Was he ever taken down in the first 2 fights? Check/avoid kicks for sure.

1 Like

He only lost once. They should be 1/1 in most eyes. He also then beat Kattar like a boss and then Yair. No controversy.

1 Like

Are you seriously comparing Rose Carla 2 to either Volk Max fight?

But yes, a rematch prob is in the cards for them two but the brass will obviously be careful as to when. Zhang is getting the next shot however and so it could be Zhang Rose 3 if Rose can put a win or 2 together…and while the majority may not have thought Zhang won last time, about 1/3 of writers did and if Zhang has the title, it’s moot. Tatiana Suarez needs to come back now tho …actually fuck she’s in Valentina’s weight.

We can only hope Tate doesnt get a replacement or else it will lose some of that factor

For some reason I think I remember him being taken down only because he is so hard to take down

Latter stinks. The division is just weak as piss. Get rid of all weight classes under 155lbs

Not really a fan of either guy, but Volk is a boring decision fighter. Holloway got robbed in that second fight.

I hope Holloway wins, although I’d love to see Volk go to LW and get smashed.

Really hard to say. I’d pick Max simply because I wouldn’t think he’d lose to the same guy three times. He has taken his game to a new level, and I think he has something up his sleeve.

He’s a smart guy and he knows what he’s good at, and what Alex is good at. He’s not gonna try to reinvent the wheel here, especially being that both fights were very close, the second one even closer than the first. Although Alex is a great counter striker Max did have success crowding him and using forward pressure. Alex was still firing off low kicks but with less success than the first fight.

I don’t remember everything so I’d have to rewatch but I remember Max being a little harder to predict in the rematch and using some different weapons he doesn’t normally employ. Alex has the speed and power advantage and I don’t think it will go to the ground, so Max just needs to do more of what he did in part II and figure what stopped him from being more successful than he was. I’d like to see Max throw more round kicks (body and head), especially as Alex moves away, I think Max has great kicks and underutilizes them.

Alex is just an amazing champ and has taken the division to a new level and Max is the only one that has the tools to beat him.

Overall, Max has a finishing ratio of 51% and Volk is at 63%. Although Max has spent most of his career in the UFC, and Volk’s UFC finish ratio is 36%. Max is the most exciting guy to watch for me, but Alex is up there too.

2 Likes

Good point. Holloway is definitely more exciting. He’s just not a heavy hitter and more of a volume guy. He’s arguably also faced better competition than Volk, which will affect that finish rate.

1 Like

Watch the ortega and zombie fights again bro

4 Likes

“ITatiana Suarez needs to come back now tho”

Yeah well take it from a man still waiting for Phillip Miller to come back to the UFC… I’d try to not get too invested

1 Like

Yeah that’s true plus Max’s UFC finish rate is 58% in the UFC and he has finished guys like Aldo, Cub, Oliveira, Pettis, Ortega, etc… has only a 25% finish rate in his four fights prior to the UFC. He has definitely fought a higher level of opposition

1 Like