McFedries: "I didn't get support from my own team"

and btw, i was mostly joking, but people really don't like Matt Hughes because he is your quintessential conservative good ol' boy. Libs hate it.

OriginalTUFer - No way. I thought Drew was the one that outed Hughes and told some pretty bad stories about him.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it was Hughes that wrote 'Made in America'.

vbmenu_register("postmenu_43127", true);

<!-- / user info --> <!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- icon and title -->

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->
Again, please do not get caught up with team stuff here. I am not a HIT Squad member, neither is Drew McFedries. We are old team mates from the MFS days. Just like when I brought Jeremy Horn and Damarquez Johnson in, they are not HIT Squad Members. They are all old team mates from the MFS days. Im thinking about bringing Spencer Fisher down to get him ready for his fight, while IM getting Robbie qued up for his fight. Spencer too has his own gym now, he is not a HIT Squad Member. They are going there for training with me, not any members of the HIT Squad. Since I've committed to help Matt and Robbie out as long as they need me, my other fighters are coming along to support me to make things easier.

---------------------------------

Eh, splitting hairs IMO.

HexRei - 
MTomlinson - SWCLacksta - idk but thats real nice of hughes and lawler. they are good people, seriously. dont know why many dont like them.

people don't like hughes because he's an openly religious, non-politically correct, country boy that would call them fagits if he saw them with their gelled up spiked hair and eyebrow earrings, and then beat the piss out of them.

Yeah that's the only reason we could possibly have dislike for Hughes. I'm sure it has nothing to do with him calling Rashad a showboater, the way he handled his corner situations, the fact that he made his team read his religious text and then liken him to a character in it, or simply the fact that he hasn't been an exciting fighter since Trigg #2 unless you count his thrashing of a decrepit royce.

so he called Rashad a showboater and your feelings are hurt?

and like I said, he's openly religious and it drives many people (including you apparently) batshit.

and, while you personally might not think Hughes is exciting, he's a legend in this sport and has given years of great fights to what are in my opinion, many ungreatful fans

TTT

I think Drew had an amazing fight!! However to disregard the man (Pat Miletich) who is responsible for taking Hughes, Lawler, and himself to where they are today is RIDICULOUS!!!!! It's a shame that Matt Pena was the guy he thanked for his success in this fight!! Miletich and his guys were all helping him prepare! What he should have said was Matt Robbie and myself can all agree that without MILETICH most likely none of us would be here today!

MTomlinson - 
Shiloh - 
MTomlinson - SWCLacksta - idk but thats real nice of hughes and lawler. they are good people, seriously. dont know why many dont like them.

people don't like hughes because he's an openly religious, non-politically correct, country boy that would call them fagits if he saw them with their gelled up spiked hair and eyebrow earrings, and then beat the piss out of them.

i bet you were jacking off while you typed that, projecting like a motherfucker haha.

p.s. IF matt hughes did indeed play out your fantasy, that WOULD make him an asshole and thus validate why people dont like him.

you = FAIL.

LOL you must go through a bottle of hair gel a week

LOL have you seen matts hair?? that guy plasters his hair straight down with hair gel. i havent had 'gel' in my hair since about 2001.

and it gets even funnier that you breakdown the hate on matt hughes to a liberal vs conservative thing. holy shit.

drew is good people. i think working with hughes will only help. hughes needs work with the hands, drew needs to defend takedowns.

good move

OriginalTUFer - I don't think he is. Look at the character of Matt; he got kneed in the nuts by Trigg - and almost finished - and was headbutted by Serra - and almost finished - but he didn't complain either time. 

I think the guy is a pretty nice, chill dude.

He didn't get "headbutted by Serra". Watch it again, he threw his head into Serra's, not the other way around. 

JDolo -
macman1000 - Good stuff from Hughes and Lawler. I said for a while now that McFedries has the baddest hands in the MW division, but needs to work more on his all around game.
I guess you missed Cote take his best shot right on the chin, walk through it, and then light him up with sharper, crisper, superior, and heavior hands, and take him out. Best hands in the middle weight divsion. Good God. Pats the man.

has anyone ever told you that you're one of the most obnoxious polesmokers on this forum?

every post I read of yours is full scale snide douchebaggery, no matter what or who the topic of discussion is.

you know all you need is a detachable showerhead to get all that sand out of your vagina.

Shiloh - 
LOL have you seen matts hair?? that guy plasters his hair straight down with hair gel. i havent had 'gel' in my hair since about 2001.

and it gets even funnier that you breakdown the hate on matt hughes to a liberal vs conservative thing. holy shit.

also Matt Hughes likely opposes homosexual marraige. that's immediately going to piss off a lot of people around here

I could watch that guy any PPV.

I've met Matt a couple times....he's cool as ice.  Pretty cool if Drew is training with HITS - he always said he molded his style after Robbie -

In the last UFC that Drew fought in and lost via Kimura, he had ONE person warming him up and prepping him before the fight. And that person was not a team member. Had that been the case for me, I would have probably justified making a pretty similar decision. Seemed a little off to me. I dont care how big I am, if I have a fighter in the UFC, that fighter will be represented and backed with people in his warm up room/corner. But I guess I might not know the whole story.

"I don't recall Drew training at the HIT Squad gym to prepare for this fight"

I saw Drew in the gym every week leading up to the fight. He and I often warm up together before sparring. Drew hits hard!!!!!!!!!!

bookmark - didnt joe rogan say that a lot of training partners don't like him because he always goes a 100% in sparring?

may be that is the reason

You might be talking about something different, but what i remember Rogan saying was "NOBODY at the Milletich camp wants to spar with McFedries". And that is because he hits so hard, not because people don't like him. 

Well he won the fight he should stay at Hitsquad

But he doesn't train at hitsquad... just with the people there... at their gym... or something like that.

Keoni - In the last UFC that Drew fought in and lost via Kimura, he had ONE person warming him up and prepping him before the fight. And that person was not a team member. Had that been the case for me, I would have probably justified making a pretty similar decision. Seemed a little off to me. I dont care how big I am, if I have a fighter in the UFC, that fighter will be represented and backed with people in his warm up room/corner. But I guess I might not know the whole story.

That sucks.

"Well he won the fight he should stay at Hitsquad"

He didn't. Try reading before you type.