Mcgregor overhyped

His loss to a nobody was by submission and max holloway put him out for a year.i like his style of fighting but this Frankie Edgar talk is hilarious.cub would kill him so would most in the top ten

The cry babies were also saying that brandao would kill him too Phone Post 3.0

Apparently McGregor has magical powers. Everyone he destroys magically becomes a bum. It's amazing!!!

Conor "Notorious B.U.M. Maker" McGregor?

Obvious troll is obvious. Phone Post 3.0

Soon everyone in the division is going to be a "bum".

I'm actually a big fan of his before he was in the UFC. He will sell a lot of tickets but anyone with a ground game will derail the hype train. Is max holloway in the top ten?is Diego brandao in the top ten?or the dude that choked him out in the top 100?it was A while ago but when holloway damn near ripped his leg off.im not hatin just puttin you in check.

He looks good. Only thing that worries me about him, is that he keeps his chin high, with his hands down. If he fights a guy like Dustin, he can't be fighting with his chin up like that. Phone Post 3.0

Sir Psycho Sexy - He looks good. Only thing that worries me about him, is that he keeps his chin high, with his hands down. If he fights a guy like Dustin, he can't be fighting with his chin up like that. Phone Post 3.0
You're correct about keeping his chin up. He gets away with that due to his speed and quickness. We'll see what happens when he fights someone in the top 5. Phone Post 3.0

"max holloway put him out for a year"

This is the kind of bullshit that makes this forum pointless.

There is definitely a point to be made about keeping his chin up, but on the other side of that Machida has fought that way for a long, long time and it's only really cost him once.

This seems a troll, but I'll bite. You claim Holloway "damn near ripped his leg off" and that Holloway was the one who put him out for a year... Did you even watch that fight? Or even when the injury happened? It was a basic pass from half guard to side control, and Conor's leg just got caught in a weird spot. Shit happens when you're grappling.

To hold that, along with a loss he had four years ago against him is comical.

And in terms of how he'll do against a great wrestler, you have absolutely nothing to go off of that would support him getting schooled (aside from maybe Europeans often faltering against them), because we haven't seen him against a high level wrestler yet. 

You may very well be right, but just because you haven't seen great takedown defense yet doesn't mean it's not there.

Well, if Brandao got his ass DESTROYED by someone over hyped, what does that say about him? Might as well just cut him. Phone Post

Try to be original OP, I made this exact thread two days ago

Sir Psycho Sexy - He looks good. Only thing that worries me about him, is that he keeps his chin high, with his hands down. If he fights a guy like Dustin, he can't be fighting with his chin up like that. Phone Post 3.0

I don't worry about his chin being up too much, mostly because of his unique stance and outstanding footwork/movement.

Conor has silky smooth movement on the feet and he generally has a reach advantage over almost everyone he fights, so he's already tough to hit. Add in the posture in his stance, ability to get low w/ his legs and his solid head movement (see Buchinger KO), and I don't think it's too much of an issue.

This article does a nice job talking about that:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/16/4623842/judo-chop-striking-conor-mcgregor-ufc-mma-fight-night-shogun-sonnen-26-technique-gif-ko

slamming - "max holloway put him out for a year"

This is the kind of bullshit that makes this forum pointless.

Holloway went for an ankle lock from the bottom and ripped his knee ya I'm exaggerating a bit but holloway still went toe to toe with him. UFC will not put him against a top 5 ..Poirier . Cub. Chang sung .will beat him and please don't even mention Frankie Edgar in same thread as mcgregor.he is fancy and fun to watch .he was callin outdo ego Sanchez and they have him Diego brandao

It's stunning how consistently shit tennors are. 2010 was the UG dark age.

How is the OP still in the green? Phone Post 3.0

I'm a fan of his .and his style is awesome to watch .but styles make fights.cub Swanson deserves a better matchup .same with other top 5 s

Why is there always atleast one asshole that starts threads like this after a fighter wins? I think the hype train got out of hand with Conner this past year, but regardless I've always been a fan. Give him a few more fights against some top ten guys and no one will bitch.. he is definitely makin people wanna watch the featherweight fights and he is definitely entertaining as hell. I hope Conner runs through everyone Phone Post 3.0