McGregor so-called punching power

Maybe it's unrelated, but Conor's punches didn't seem to phase Nate too much. Don't recall him being rocked in either fight, and Conor landed a lot of clean shots

Barry_BondsMVP -
Humphrey -
Barry_BondsMVP -
dicked by diaz -
Barry_BondsMVP -

I agree, Canelo hits way harder than Conor. 

Ha ha ha!!!

Prove me wrong 

oh he'll be much better at KO'ing mayweather with gloved 250% more padded. 

lol

You do know Canelo has more KO's in less min/rounds than Conor has right? 

i think you misunderstood my point. I agree with you.

PeterIrl -
JustAnotherMMAFan - 
ClydeErwinBarret -
mdfmma123 - 

Yeah because a boxers chin is somehow biologically different from an mma fighters chin. 

If you mean to say that Conor will not be able to land cleanly enough to do any real damage than yeah maybe, Floyd is different in that aspect....

But IF Conor can land a clean shot on Floyd he will fall just as any other opponent of Conor's has.

I agree with this, but other than a face first Aldo McGregor has never really one shot anyone in the UFC. A 20-year-old Holloway lasted through the first round. Two weeks Mendes took a ton of punishment before being TKO'd, Alvarez got hit a good amount before the nasty TKO in the 2nd, it took a ton of shots to clean off Diego Brandao, even Siver lasted two rounds. Of course then there's Diaz with a chin of granite.

So imo that IF, is an insanely big IF. Unless Mayweather has fallen off considerably in the last two years because he still looked great against Berto.

And he was wearing MMA gloves. I punch harder with MMA gloves than with my bare hands! MMA gloves serve to protect the hands! Boxing gloves are made to soften your punches. 

No they aren't. Boxing gloves are there to protect the punchers hands.

Correct. ALL gloves are to protect hands, not faces

LucasWeiss -
PeterIrl -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
PeterIrl -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
mdfmma123 -

Yeah because a boxers chin is somehow biologically different from an mma fighters chin. 

If you mean to say that Conor will not be able to land cleanly enough to do any real damage than yeah maybe, Floyd is different in that aspect....

But IF Conor can land a clean shot on Floyd he will fall just as any other opponent of Conor's has.

Boxers are conditioned to go 12 rounds and take punishment. In MMA you have the ability to take someone down when hurt or avoid standing. You can't do that in Boxing. Floyd's never touched the canvas in 49 fights, his glove hit the ground once, about it.

Boxers clinch when hurt all the time. WTF are you bleating on about?

Clinch than separated dumb ass. You think the ref is going to let them sit there and clinch until the round is over? Refs jump in and try to separate them, fighters are always looking for separation especially when someone is hurt. 

The clinch allows them time to recover and/or provides them an avenue to avoid punishment, whether they are separated or not is irrelevant, they utilise it regularly as a tool to avoid punishment.

Cockwomble.
Is dude trolling? or.....

He sure isn't 

Humphrey -
Barry_BondsMVP -
Humphrey -
Barry_BondsMVP -
dicked by diaz -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Ha ha ha!!!

Prove me wrong 

oh he'll be much better at KO'ing mayweather with gloved 250% more padded. 

lol

You do know Canelo has more KO's in less min/rounds than Conor has right? 

i think you misunderstood my point. I agree with you.

My bad my man 

dicked by diaz -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Ha ha ha!!!

Canelo has legit one punch knockout power with 10 ounce gloves. How many guys has Conor slept without them lunging into his punch?

Flavorful -
mdfmma123 -

Yes, boxers chins are biologically different from MMA chins. In boxing there are two primary attributes. Punching ability and the ability to take a punch. The average pro boxer has a far superior chin than the average MMA fighters. Great chins are not as important in MMA as they are in boxing.

Good observation. 

So people are born to be boxers or when they choose boxing over other combat sports their chin automatically becomes better?

EddiePain420 -

every top 500 boxer hits harder than conor. floyd mayweather hits harder than conor. he has 25 kos/tkos,floyd has knocked out more people than conor has even fought.

Top 500?

mdfmma123 -

Everything he just said.
He gets it.

StretchPlum - It's a stupid fight anyway. Shouldn't even be a topic of discussion on an mma forum. As far as I'm concerned, it's about as interesting as Conor in a curling match.

So who you got? Conor or Russ Howard?

Bofbro - 
Acidic -

I love these part time fake MMA fans. Boxers are in way shape or form conditioned any differently except in MMA you're conditioned to be a fighter not a boxer. 

Conor can prove to have power way more then anyone Floyds faced. 

Lol hes got two KOs in his entire career, and both were when his opponents were running in to left. All his others are TKOs

Ah. Ok. That doesn't count then.

jasperb -
Flavorful -
mdfmma123 -

Yes, boxers chins are biologically different from MMA chins. In boxing there are two primary attributes. Punching ability and the ability to take a punch. The average pro boxer has a far superior chin than the average MMA fighters. Great chins are not as important in MMA as they are in boxing.

Good observation. 

So people are born to be boxers or when they choose boxing over other combat sports their chin automatically becomes better?

Boxers find out real quick if their chins can take it or not. Good chins move on to the pros and up the ranks. It doesn't work that way in MMA. 

Flavorful -

It's a lot different when you hit face-first wrestlers on the chin than when you hit a experienced boxer on the chin. Mayweather has been in with dozens of guys who hit harder than Conor.

Look at Mike Perry boxing. He landed clean shots to his opponent and then got KTFO. Now he's starching guys in the UFC.

Get out of here with your one shot knockout artist bullshit.

OP sells girl scout cookies

Conor busted Paulie Malignaggi up in sparring yesterday. Paulie has a black eye and bruises all over his cheeks from their 8 rounds. A 2x world champion who has fought Hatton, Cotto, Khan, Broner, Judah, and is the best analyst in the sport, says that Conor has a lot of pop in his left. 

/thread

Bobby Lupo -

Conor busted Paulie Malignaggi up in sparring yesterday. Paulie has a black eye and bruises all over his cheeks from their 8 rounds. A 2x world champion who has fought Hatton, Cotto, Khan, Broner, Judah, and is the best analyst in the sport, says that Conor has a lot of pop in his left. 

/thread

"Shit Chatter, Get Clattered."

I noticed the black eye too. He's probably not in shape to be fair but its a good sign

jasperb -
Flavorful -
mdfmma123 -

Good observation. 

no there's just an actual talent pool that you have to climb the ladder.  You don't get to the big show with 2-3 fights.  You have too to go through years of training at lower levels and those that make it up the ladder have strong chins.

neddac - 
Bobby Lupo -

/thread

"Shit Chatter, Get Clattered."

I noticed the black eye too. He's probably not in shape to be fair but its a good sign

Paulie's not close to fight shape and Conor is mid-camp form. But Paulie's one of the quickest and most technical guys around. His speed (even if he's only been training for this for 2 weeks) is something Conor's other sparring partners aren't going to bring. Conor hasn't sparred anyone as technically sound and fast as Paulie. Conor asked him to stay on, and he will. 

I've seen Paulie in Gleason's and he's a world class talent. The fact that McGregor got to him enough to do visible damage is actually shocking to me. I would have bet the house against Conor working Paulie in an 8 round hard sparring session. 

Not ONE of you faggots have ANY idea as to how hard Mcgregor punches.  You are all so full of shit. 

Amazing how many boxing "experts" on this thread, yet these idiots think the bigger boxing gloves protects the boxer's head? It's for their hands, you fucking idiots.

Go back to your Dungeon's & Dragons session in mom's basement with your purple haired friends.

Flavorful -
mdfmma123 -

Good observation. 

What a retarded comment.

Chins are absolutely as important in mma, they just don't hold up as well as a boxers because they're taking fucking kicks, elbows, knees, gnp ALONG with punches.

Boxers chins are only superior when limited to hands and 8-10 oz gloves. 

Throw them into the octagon or the GLORY ring and they fall just like anyone else.