Memorial Day

It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.

Memorial Day is to remember fallen friends and family who proudly served our country and friends and family who today fight here and overseas to protect our freedom.

My brother is a marine and I appreciate the 8 yrs. he has spent protecting my liberties and way of life.

So enjoy BBQing with friends and family, but also remember our service men and women across the globe.

Nothing but respect to the men and women who risk their lives to make this world a safer place.

Classy thread, man. Well done.

American-Flag-Bikini.jpg

props to Chris for this.

Yep, even if you don't agree with everything that goes on, there were times, either long ago, or more recent, where these guys and girls had no problem dying for you.

my gramps was a 16 yr old twin who joined the marines at the age of 16.. he had lost 3 older brothers in action during the d day offensive.. my gramps had 3 purple hearts from action during the pacific theater.. the only purple heart he ever talked about was from the invasion of tarawa.. much respect to those who serve and to those who have lost loved ones... rip.

^^^^good vid

my grand father us army infantry ww2
my other grand father us navy sea bee ww2
my grandma us army nurse ww2
my dad us navy submariner vietnam
my uncle USMC infantry vietnam
my brother us army OIF vet currently serving in iraq again as an advisor
my nephew us army infantry currently in boot camp
myself USMC infantry 96-04 OIF

Much respect to all those who have served
Prayers for the famlies that still have loved ones in harms way
And word can't express for those that have paid the ultimate price to protect our freedoms

Staff Sgt. Thomas O'Day, 24, of Santa Rosa explains to his son Patrick about the bench dedicated to Thomas' brother Patrick O'Day at Santa Rosa Memorial Park, Sunday. Thomas O'Day's brother was killed in March 2003 at the beginning of the Iraq War. His son is named after him

Nothing but Respect and support!!!!!!

Salute!!!

I hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day

i BIG salute to all the men & women that have served & are still serving.

Good post Chris.Thank you to all that have served and to all that are serving now!

to bad our president doesn't give a shit about the vets that died for this country he calls his own.

Thanks to all the Vets out there!

Big Ups to mma.tv Gulf War veteran, McDonald's Fan, and everyone else that has served.

Thank you all who serve!

Thanks to all who have served.

RIP to our of our fallen heros.

...Eternal Thanks to those that died on their feet, rather than live on their knees.....