Mendes got robbed

mkou - Classless brazilians all night. From faking an eyepoke when kicked in the jaw in the Fili fight, hitting after the bell and trying to sway the referee when hit with uppecuts and kicks that it's eyepokes and nut shots.

God damn. Both guys fought well in the main event and showed a LOT of heart but I thought Mendes should have won that fight and Aldo should have been deducted a point.

Wrestling > Brazil

WTF dude?? You saying he didn't get poked in the eye and hit in the groin?

He heard the clackers.

He heard the bell.

Great fucking fight though! Phone Post 3.0

Teamquest is being a sore loser. Claimed Mendes would win for a while, but he came up short. Sorry, but your wrestler lost . Phone Post 3.0

Itdoesntmatter -
Flexo - He already started the combo, waahmbulance is on it's way. Even with a deduction Aldo would've still won. Math is easy homie. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly , one lands before the horn, and one during...
This. When it happened live I thought oh fuck. Watching again was 100% legit Phone Post 3.0

If a punch is thrown before the horn sounds and lands after it is not a foul. Those punches landed during the horn. No foul.

Just because your guy lost doesn't mean you have to be all butt hurt. Phone Post 3.0

A DQ is 100% inappropriate here. Fighters have landed shots on and around the bell for ages. It was very close, he'd already committed to the combination, Mendes wasn't relaxed and suckerpunched, a straight one two came right through his guard and drilled him on the bell. It happens. In this case, I agree completely with how the referee handled the fight Phone Post 3.0

Dat stanky leg tho Phone Post 3.0

I lost money on this fight and while I do think it was a late hit(s), no fucking way is it comparable to what Daley did. Daleys shit was blatant and intentional.

I think Jose should have been given a warning and Chad should have got 5 minutes to recover. It was a good and close fight, but Jose won. Plus, dude was classy as hell in victory. I'm a bigger fan of Aldo now than I ever was. Phone Post 3.0

I guess some of you guys didnt see where Dana said it was so loud you couldnt hear the bell.

JOESONDO - If a punch is thrown before the horn sounds and lands after it is not a foul. Those punches landed during the horn. No foul.

Just because your guy lost doesn't mean you have to be all butt hurt. Phone Post 3.0
The fouls happen and it's unfortunate but it was an amazing none the less. Even though Mendez lost both, I would still like to see a trilogy somewhere down the road. Phone Post 3.0

MattyJ - Can't take your post seriously when you compare him finishing a combo as the bell went with what Daley did Phone Post 3.0

Lol!

Panda head -
JOESONDO - If a punch is thrown before the horn sounds and lands after it is not a foul. Those punches landed during the horn. No foul.

The fouls happen and it's unfortunate but it was an amazing none the less. Even though Mendez lost both, I would still like to see a trilogy somewhere down the road. Phone Post 3.0
Not a foul though. Watch the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7gEZNBugLU
The punches land during the horn.

Agree about the rematch down the road though. That was an awesome fight. Phone Post 3.0

CowboyKickedMeBackToBoca -

I really do think that's being overlooked a little.

I like OP but I don't agree with him or this comment at all

Dana white just said you couldn't hear a thing in the stadium. He didn't hear the bell and didn't think the ref heard it either. If that's the case why would you expect aldo to stop striking? Lol

AND STILL! Phone Post 3.0

Aikijiujitsu - I guess some of you guys didnt see where Dana said it was so loud you couldnt hear the bell.
They didn't. Phone Post 3.0

Point deduct would have been right. And aldo still would have won 48-46 Phone Post 3.0

Maybe I am the only guy who didn't see this as anything relavent for a point deduction. This place and the commentator made me cringe last night.

These guys are super fast, muscle memory from combos and right at the bell.

Booo HOOO!~ the ref did the right thing and not worry about nano seconds.

Eh..the punches were thrown as the bell rang. It was close but I don't see anything wrong with what happened. Phone Post 3.0

Aldo was threw a combo right at the horn and it landed. Dont be bitter. Phone Post 3.0

Dana White even stated that he didn't hear the buzzer signaling the end of the round. If he didn't hear it, I really doubt Aldo did. Phone Post 3.0

You really want Mendes winning the belt based on a DQ? Because that is what is sounds like in the title and your post. And the fact that Aldo got away with 2 strikes after the bell does not constitute for a "Robbery". Mendes being robbed would mean he won every round of that fight, and still lost on the judges cards.