Mendes got robbed

Close fight. The only thing I disagree with was the score. It should've been 48-47.

You can clearly clearly the bell sounding as the last shot landed. Got to be kidding on a dq. multiple eye pokes and groin shots should have been at least a point deduction. Mendes fought well but Aldo won no question.

CowboyKickedMeBackToBoca - 
Catlin - Protect yourself at all times?

Even after the round is over?

yes even after the bell, this happens a lot in boxing and the fighters know to keep their guard up.

mkou - Classless brazilians all night. From faking an eyepoke when kicked in the jaw in the Fili fight, hitting after the bell and trying to sway the referee when hit with uppecuts and kicks that it's eyepokes and nut shots.

God damn. Both guys fought well in the main event and showed a LOT of heart but I thought Mendes should have won that fight and Aldo should have been deducted a point.

Wrestling > Brazil
Fuck has this place been over run by trolls?? How can you vaginas be seriously bitching after that incredible fight. Phone Post 3.0

Lol @ OP.

Let the butt hurt flow through you. Phone Post 3.0

Purple Veiny Doom - Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

Purple Veiny Doom - Phone Post 3.0
Boom! VU Phone Post 3.0

I felt. Like 49 46 was Bullshit. That would be as close to aldo dominating Chad in scorecards, right? I really felt like to the judges it would be a closer fight.

I love the fight though, I think they could fight many times and it would always be a great fight. Phone Post 3.0

teamquestnorth - Aldo should have been dq'd. Just watched the fight and my blood is boiling.

Aldo shouldnt be rewarded for pulling a paul daley.

Hopefully zuffa does the right thing and give Chad his belt. What bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
Paul Daley was completely different Phone Post 3.0

TQN how much did you have on Mendes? Phone Post 3.0

Another reason the UG should have a litmus test to start a thread. OP Dana said you couldn't hear the bell in that stadium last night. Let's talk about those failed shots where Mendes had his head mushed against the canvas looking straight silly. Or we can talk about Mendes coming into a fist fight with his hands open like he wanted to slap somebody. I'm a Mendes fan. But open palm strikes and getting your head out on the canvas repeatedly like a dog who pee'd on the carpet made him look bad. Take a deep breath. I would be upset of I was a die hard.

Lastly, there was too much weight put on last nights fight in regards to the last Brazilian champ. This sport, our sport should be about who is the best human on the planet. Mendes wasn't the guy last night. He landed several hard shots and then didn't follow up. Aldo was the better man, he showed class, and was open to the idea of a third fight all in the first night. Phone Post 3.0

It's the ref's fault (if anyone is to blame besides the setup guys who didn't consider volume). Aldo shouldn't be punished for his error.

Herman Munster - 
TFK_digthisbigcrux - I lost money on this fight and while I do think it was a late hit(s), no fucking way is it comparable to what Daley did. Daleys shit was blatant and intentional.

I think Jose should have been given a warning and Chad should have got 5 minutes to recover. It was a good and close fight, but Jose won. Plus, dude was classy as hell in victory. I'm a bigger fan of Aldo now than I ever was. Phone Post 3.0

Chad pretty much did get 5 mins to recover anyways. He had the time between rounds and then immediately came out with a low blow for the 2nd round, which gave him additional recovery time.

I'm not arguing that...what I'm arguing is what should have happened regardless of how the 2nd round started. To be clear, I do not think Aldo should have been DQ'd for the late hit.

wahmbulance.jpg

CowboyKickedMeBackToBoca -

So the jab in a two punch combo lands and Mendes purposely pulls his hands down before the straight right lands? Phone Post 3.0

CurseoftheUFC - I felt. Like 49 46 was Bullshit. That would be as close to aldo dominating Chad in scorecards, right? I really felt like to the judges it would be a closer fight.

I love the fight though, I think they could fight many times and it would always be a great fight. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure you understand the 10 point must scoring system.

how many times did aldo get kneed in the nuts and eye poked again?

Samoa - 
CowboyKickedMeBackToBoca -

So the jab in a two punch combo lands and Mendes purposely pulls his hands down before the straight right lands? Phone Post 3.0

I'm not trying to be snarky at all, but is that a question? I'm not really sure what you mean.

My point is that I agree the right hand lands after the bell but it most likely would have landed anyway because it isn't like Mendes relaxed mid combination because he heard the bell. Phone Post 3.0

WuDaddy - He heard the clackers.

He heard the bell.

Great fucking fight though! Phone Post 3.0
From all I've heard its the opposite Phone Post 3.0