Mendes got robbed

Firemansam -
teamquestnorth -
ChaosOverkill -
xsrg95 - 

did you lose any money

of course he did

Its not about momey. Like I said earlier its about fighter safety.

This isnt vale tudo in 1994. There are rules.

It probably was not intentional on Aldos part but letting it slide sets a dangerous precedent. Phone Post 3.0
Even if they deducted a point he still wins. Whats the issue? Phone Post 3.0
Sttopppppp with your common sense. It will not be tolerated. Phone Post 3.0

teamquestnorth - Idk it just sucked to see something like that possibly determining the outcome of the fight.

First fight, Aldo takes a page out of Fedors book and grabs the fence preventing the takedown and now in the 2nd fight with the beatdown after bell, it just doesnt sit right with me. Especially when fighters safety is at stake. Phone Post 3.0
Dafuq, kept fedor's name out of this loser.

The fight was awesome, two eye pokes and two nuts shots both unintentional. The second nut shot Aldo shrugged he's shoulders as to say "no worries mate shit happens. Even chad said no worries about the "during bell" punches in the post fight conference.

You, stann and all other whiners are wearing thin just let go and appreciate a great show of heart and sportsmanship. Phone Post 3.0

It's unfortunate but it's actually surprising we don't see more of it in MMA. After watching the replay I also don't see how the Ref could've done much more than he did (especially if he heard the bell) he was on top of the action and intervened pretty quickly. I honestly thought the fight was about to be stopped in between rounds (which probably would've been overturned to a NC). Pretty impressed with how well Mendes was able to recover from that but it's hard to say how much different the fight would've played out had it not happened.

mkou -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
mkou - Classless brazilians all night. From faking an eyepoke when kicked in the jaw in the Fili fight, hitting after the bell and trying to sway the referee when hit with uppecuts and kicks that it's eyepokes and nut shots.

God damn. Both guys fought well in the main event and showed a LOT of heart but I thought Mendes should have won that fight and Aldo should have been deducted a point.

Wrestling > Brazil

So Aldo should have had a point deducted for a late hit but Mendes should lot for 2 eye pokes and 2 nut shots?

I mean seriously. He's damn near averaging one foul per round.

2 eye pokes 2 nut shots < Two illegal power shots to head.

Not to mention Aldo trying to milk more fouls when hit with clean shots and Mendes just shrugging at the illegal power shots.
If by shrugging you mean getting dropped Phone Post 3.0

teamquestnorth -
ChaosOverkill -
xsrg95 - 

did you lose any money

of course he did

It probably was not intentional on Aldos part but letting it slide sets a dangerous precedent. Phone Post 3.0
That's funny, I don't remember you making threads about fighter's safety after Chael getting popped for PEDs.

Have you got a link to all of those threads you almost certainly would've made op?

I know you probably thought you could finally step out of Cre's shadow by actually making 2 correct predictions in yesterdays fights and I know it must've really stung watching Aldo win so clearly but come on Cre Jnr, this is no way to go about things. Phone Post 3.0

Marc Goddard said he didn't hear the bell so I doubt Aldo or Mendes did. It was certainly after the bell and I was kind of pissed about it at first too despite pulling strongly for Aldo but it occurred to me around halfway through the fight that they might not have heard it because the crowd was pretty loud, and then I saw the tweet from Goddard today so no harm no foul I say, honest mistake. Aldo touched gloves with him at the beginning of every round despite being fouled several times himself and was very sportsman like post-fight so I don't think it was intentional Phone Post 3.0

I am a Jose Aldo fan but I was really disappointed to see him do that. You can say "protect yourselves at all times" and Jose got poked in the eye or whatever, and that's all technically true. But I'm a grown ass man, so don't try to tell me Jose didn't know exactly what the fuck he was doing. He had personal beef with Chad, he saw an opportunity, and he took it.

BJTT_MrAntichrist - Marc Goddard said he didn't hear the bell so I doubt Aldo or Mendes did. It was certainly after the bell and I was kind of pissed about it at first too despite pulling strongly for Aldo but it occurred to me around halfway through the fight that they might not have heard it because the crowd was pretty loud, and then I saw the tweet from Goddard today so no harm no foul I say, honest mistake. Aldo touched gloves with him at the beginning of every round despite being fouled several times himself and was very sportsman like post-fight so I don't think it was intentional Phone Post 3.0

It sure looked like Chad heard the bell, not sure why Aldo wouldn't. Maybe the bell was in English?

Lmfao@ comparing that to Paul Daley. Holy shit. Phone Post 3.0

teamquestnorth -
ChaosOverkill -
xsrg95 - 

did you lose any money

of course he did

Yes fighter safety. So Chad should have also been DQd after continuing to flail his open hands in Aldo's face after repeated warnings and pokes.....right? Phone Post 3.0

teamquestnorth - Idk it just sucked to see something like that possibly determining the outcome of the fight.

First fight, Aldo takes a page out of Fedors book and grabs the fence preventing the takedown and now in the 2nd fight with the beatdown after bell, it just doesnt sit right with me. Especially when fighters safety is at stake. Phone Post 3.0
Do you have any idea how loud it was in the stadium ? Even the ref said he could not hear the bell. He had to watch the clock to know when the round was over. Phone Post 3.0

Gambakufu - It looked bad but for now I am going to believe he was in the moment and the crowd was really loud it's possible he never heard the bell Phone Post 3.0
This, these two guys were going at it, and was on the zone, looked bad but ill give him the benefit of the doubt he couldn't hear the bell. Even if they took a point wouldn't have help. And i was rooting for America so im not defending aldo because im a fanboy Phone Post 3.0

Hell of a fight! I would watch a third fight between these two. You could see Aldo's respect for Chad grow during the fight, IMO. Both of them have solid chins, that's for sure. 

Here you go TQN:

" @arielhelwani: RT @BrianStann: Also, confirmed with many camps after fights that they could not hear 10 second warnings, corners, or bells due to the crowd noise"

Cleary no way there should have been a DQ for that...or even a point deduction knowing that everyone fighting/reffing seemed to be struggling to even hear anything.

They need louder horns/clippers or something to address this, but Aldo has never shown to be a dirty or intentionally cheap fighter.

Shit I can recall him stopping the action on his own in multiple fights where the ref missed an accidental groin shot or poke. He is one of the classier fighters out there. Phone Post 3.0

If it were anywhere but brazil there wouldve have been an uproar over that shit. Phone Post 3.0

Has Mendes commented that he heard the bell and relaxed and then got tagged ? Phone Post 3.0

I know you amerifats are butthurt as hell, but I was there live and here are facts:

1- Punch landed as the bell rang, not even 1 full second after it.

2- It was insanely loud and you couldn't hear shit - Goddard reportedly didn't hear the bell 10 sec warning.

So stop with the excuses please.

zazen br - I know you amerifats are butthurt as hell, but I was there live and here are facts:

2- It was insanely loud and you couldn't hear shit - Goddard reportedly didn't hear the bell 10 sec warning.

. Phone Post 3.0

The thing is, Aldo had already rocked Chad right before that.

zazen br - I know you amerifats are butthurt as hell, but I was there live and here are facts:

This

Stfu already. Fight wasnt close. Phone Post 3.0