Michael Bisping In "UFC Hall of Fame"???

During the weigh-in commentary, Dominick Cruz said Michael Bisping "is a guy who we will probably see in the UFC Hall of Fame."

I know that he is a UFC guy and a total company man... but UFC Hall of Fame?  Really?

Thoughts?

The only guy to bring pillows to a fist fight.

Jokes. He is a staple name, although not someone I would consider a great. Definitely a big part of UK MMA. Phone Post 3.0

No problem with that. Phone Post 3.0

Aside from his TUF victory and longevity with the company he hasn't really been a world beater.

He'll likely get in based solely on the fact that he's a good company guy.

Never a champ, never even a title fight.

I like the guy, but he has even blasted in every no. 1 contender fight he has had. Phone Post 3.0

Shouldn't fighters have to have been a champ to be part of the Hall of Fame?

Especially in the modern era?

No, he's not. He was never a champ or a particularly big draw. Bonnar is in, but that's due to his involvement in maybe the most important fight in UFC history. Phone Post 3.0

GUYS, GUYS!!!!  He meant to say, "In the UK HALL OF FAME."

He may get in based on some of his fight statistics alone when his career is all over.Hes been in the UFC since 2006 and pretty durable in that timeframe. Not a lot of fighters can claim what he has accomplished with the UFC, despite continually falling short for the big fight. With some fighters putting on their best performances well into their 30s these days, I wouldnt count out Bisping being a contender in that division yet if he can still evolve.

if bonnar's in for one fight, then bisping should be in for taking the best KO of all time

Bonnar was in the main event of the very first TUF. He is partly responsible for todays success of the UFC and it getting popular enough for Bisping to even have a job there.

I can see why Bonnar would be added to the HOF but Bisping? GTFO with that nonsense.

He pretty much single handedly introduced the rest of the world to UK MMA.  Maybe it was more a situation of the time being just right, but when he came out of TUF 3, a lot of people loved him, and then not too much after that there was huge flood of Brittish MMA fighters.  I think that is what stamps his ticket to the HOF

This should go without saying, one of the best fighters the UK and Ireland have ever produced.

^ what Morgz said.

I have no prob with him being in there, never been a huge fan of the guy, even though I'm in the UK, but he's definitely paved the way for a LOT of guys here.

Morgz - 

He pretty much single handedly introduced the rest of the world to UK MMA.  Maybe it was more a situation of the time being just right, but when he came out of TUF 3, a lot of people loved him, and then not too much after that there was huge flood of Brittish MMA fighters.  I think that is what stamps his ticket to the HOF

Bobby Lupo is going to use this same argument for his 'Alessio Sakara for the UFC HOF' campaign.

He's a pioneer of modern MMA in Europe Phone Post 3.0

How rude, he was involved in one of the most epic knockouts in UFC history! Phone Post 3.0

JohnMc1 -
lionsoul - 

Shouldn't fighters have to have been a champ to be part of the Hall of Fame?

Especially in the modern era?

Why? Bonnar didn't win a UFC title or any MMA title and he got in. Bisping won three titles [Cage Rage, Cage Warriors when both events were the premiere UK MMA orgs and FX3]
Cage rage was awesome Phone Post 3.0

no

Bisping pretty much single handedly opened the European market.
Posting from phone so you'll have to do your own research. It's not that hard. Phone Post 3.0