Miesha responds to Holly Holm

1 Like
1 Like

Miesha Tate is determined to win a UFC title again, but she’s also willing to work for it.

Following nearly five years away from the sport after retiring in 2016, Tate came back on Saturday night and looked better than ever as she dispatched Marion Reneau in a dominant performance before finishing the fight by TKO in the third round.

Despite the extended absence from competition, the former UFC and Strikeforce champion didn’t feel any kind of nerves much less any ring rust once she stepped foot in the cage, although it was admittedly an emotional night for her after finally making that walk again after so long away.

“It was like riding a bike,” Tate said about her performance at the UFC Vegas 31 post-fight press conference. “I got a little emotional on the walkout, I did. It was about halfway through, I just remember like I almost felt like I was going to cry like tears of joy.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Holly was doing well in that fight before the last half of the last round

2 Likes

Holly gonna kill her. Her wrestling has improved tenfold since their first fight.

4 Likes

Miesha is ready for a step up in competition. Maybe a 10-7 42 year old?

8 Likes

To be fair, Holly looked great in her last fight.

2 Likes

My gosh these WMMA records are horrific

3 Likes

I agree that WMMA records are worse, but because of the lack of depth they get to the big show quicker. Holm came in undefeated and beat the undefeated champ in Rousey. Since then she has lost to mostly champs. I’m not saying I always enjoy her fights, just that her record is decieving. Rose doesn’t have the best record, but she can end anyone’s night and has shocked the world twice. I feel like that’s more compelling than a dominant champ like Valentina who only loses to Nunez.

1 Like

That last sentence, you lose me…

Watching Anderson Silva dominate and finish Chris Leben - Rich Franklin - Travis Lutter - Nate Marquardt - Rich Franklin - Dan Henderson - Sandman Irvin - Forrest Griffin - Chael Sonnen - Vitor Belfort - Yushin Okami - Chael Sonnen - Stephan Bonner. I enjoyed watching those, the highlight finishes were amazing.

And maybe only the 1st Chael fight was compelling, but I enjoy Valentina’s showcase fights. She gets to display her elite striking and it is elite. Its not her fault the rest of the world has not caught up to her talent.

I think the Meisha we just saw beat Holm quite easily now. Tate has always been one of the best at 135 and if she keeps fighting as well as she did against Reneau she’s favourite against anyone but Nunes in my opinion.

De Randemie makes sense in my opinion

I didn’t think she looked good at all. She’s stuck in the mud slow and plods around. Her wrestling has always been decent. Holly smoked her on the feet then got taken down and choked. Hollys wrestling has look amazing lately

The problem is the talent level is so shallow that you get the same top 5 if you are lucky basically in each division for the title.

1 Like

I’m talking Womens MMA decent, not proper fighting

Call me crazy but I’m all for this rematch. Seeing those 2 booty’s bouncing around in little shorts, why the hell not

2 Likes

Not the same thing. Franklin, Forest, Belfort and Hendo we’re all great fighters and former champions. The cans Valentina is offing are nowhere near the level that those guys were when Silva murked them making Silva a true Killer and not a Can crusher! The depth of talent is too weak in Wnma to pull that off.