Miguel Torres Released by the UFC again

Fckng politics thats what is it Phone Post

MickColins -  "he was 2-2 in the ufc"

Should have been 3-1. That mighty mouse fight was bullpoop. Torres is an exciting fighter, its stupid for the UFC to cut him.

This is why we have fighters like Jon Fitch. Instead of being exciting and risking it, he plays safe and keeps his job. Phone Post

I respect the UFC has to make tough choices but I honestly don't understand this one. Miguel has a recognized name and he still has a lot of fight in him. My hope is that he will be back in the future. Keep your head up Miguel.

Fuck this. Obviously all about money. Phone Post

Too bad he's not British, he'd be set in the UFC for life.

Dana took some heat firing him and took him back

only to cut him after this last fight

now nobody can blame Dana......FISHY

just one more reason...

to stream the UFC =)

spinningfapkick - 
MickColins -  "he was 2-2 in the ufc"

Should have been 3-1. That mighty mouse fight was bullpoop. Torres is an exciting fighter, its stupid for the UFC to cut him.

This. He got robbed. Phone Post

agreed.

135 is a thin division right now. didnt think they could afford to drop a great fighter like that.

MickColins -  "he was 2-2 in the ufc"

+1

meh. Seems a little harsh but I am not going to lose too much sleep over this cut.

He was cut because he has been very boring of late. Plus he might be getting paid more then the ufc wants to give him.

Always like watching Torres fight.

I think he should have gotten one more fight for two reasons.

1, BW div is weak, other than Flyweight which is new BW is clearly the weakest div in the UFC, why cut a guy that can still fight, is still a name in the div.

2, why not make the Faber/Torres fight, its still a fight fans would want to see, could main event a Fuel card or even an FX, def could be a good 3rd PPV main card fight.

We'll see what he does, maybe he looks to win a few in the regional orgs and get a call back from the UFC or maybe Bellator makes him an offer for a BW tournament. Bellator needs BW even more than the UFC does.

spliff -  he was 2-2 in the ufc.. not that bad

3-1 IMO. Mighty mouse gift Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge - Always like watching Torres fight.

This.

Also many agree with the poster above me.

For us former WEC fans, he is one of the fighters we pay close attention to in the UFC. His fight with Mizugaki was one of my favorites ever. He is 40-5 and has had ridiculous win streaks in his career. BS! His first cut was BS too.

BaraoKix - 
He was making too much $ on that contract...

Exactly, he cant beat the top guys and is making too much money to stick around as a gate keeper.

It sucks cuz he seems like a good guy. All the best MT!

He was one of the only 135 fighters I care to watch.

Stupid decision.

MickColins -  "he was 2-2 in the ufc"

Synado - I never quite understood what happened with Miguel Torres. The guy has an amazing string of victories and then it all just comes apart.

Once Dana has a bad taste in his mouth, you can't lose. If Roy Nelson loses a fight, he will try to cut him as well. I hope Lorenzo steps in on that one. Torres is fun to watch and has been a trailblazer for the sport. I wish him well. Phone Post