Miletich responds to 'shill' commentary

jjj2121 - 
AxeAnApple - This is mma, not drama. Who cares if youre called a "shill or w.e that is" or not, this aint wwe.

As a fan, I want analysts/commentators who accurately describe the fighters and action I am watching, not someone blowing smoke up my ass in the name of the organization.

Reason #1 Mike Goldberg sucks.

Since you don't understand the difference between fact and opinion how would you know who is accurately describing anything?

jbapk - 
jjj2121 - 
AxeAnApple - This is mma, not drama. Who cares if youre called a "shill or w.e that is" or not, this aint wwe.

As a fan, I want analysts/commentators who accurately describe the fighters and action I am watching, not someone blowing smoke up my ass in the name of the organization.

Since you don't understand the difference between fact and opinion how would you know who is accurately describing anything?
There is no fact or opinion that Tarec Saffeidine is one of the best strikers in MMA, or that his defensive wrestling is second to none.  That is a false statement.

The SF HW tourney being the best tourney, without a doubt, in the history of MMA is likewise false.

jjj2121 - 
jbapk - 
jjj2121 - 

There is no fact or opinion that Tarec Saffeidine is one of the best strikers in MMA, or that his defensive wrestling is second to none.  That is a false statement.

The SF HW tourney being the best tourney, without a doubt, in the history of MMA is likewise false.

Please describe the "facts" of what tournament is the best in mma history.

"There is no fact or opinion that Tarec Saffeidine is one of the best strikers in MMA,"

Or take an english class, whichever comes first.

Ok, here's some facts.

Alistair Overeem is K1 World Grand Prix Champion.
Alistair Overeem is Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion.
Alistair Overeem is DREAM Heavyweight Champion.
Alistair Overeem has won 44 MMA and Kickboxing fights, 21 by KO or TKO.

Tarec Saffeidine holds no current or past titles in either MMA or Kickboxing.
Tarec Saffeidine has won 10 MMA fights, 1 by KO.
Tarec Saffeidine has been competing at a much lower level than Alistair Overeem.

FACTS show that Tarec Saffeidine is nowhere near one of the best pure strikers in MMA.

So you want me to do more facts with regards the 2006 PRIDE Open-Weight Grand Prix vs this SF HW Tourny, you know, supposedly the best tourny in MMA history, without doubt? Just say the word and I will in order to embarrass you further.

I can sit here and tell you Mark Sanchez is the best QB in the history of the NFL, disprove it.

What are Tarec Saffeidine's striking credentials?  What has he ever accomplished with his striking to suggest he's one of the very best strikers in MMA?

The Pride 2006 OWGP had many MMA world Champs, prime Nog, prime Wand, prime Cro Cop, prime Barnett, prime Little Nog, prime Hunt, prime Yoshida...the SF tournament doesn't hold a candle to that.  That is not debatable.

You can state anything, no matter how asinine, and brush it off as "opinion".  A valid opinion, one that someone who is paid to be on television to state, needs to have some basis in reality or fact.  The garbage eminating from Miletich's mouth on Friday had neither.

Do you follow along?  Would you like to debate semantics such as my sentence structure and grammar a little further?

JimmersonzGlove -  

"Further more, what about his views on Sergei? I notice you didn't mention that in your repost. Sergei has just done really well in K1, he said. NO HE FUCKING DIDN'T. That is an outright LIE. Goldberg and Rogan might overhype things sometimes, but they do not blatently lie like Pat did."

He addressed this...no need to get so upset lol. Here is what Miletich said in response to that:

"Only mistake I made was in saying the Russian did well in K-1 when it was actually Overeem. Mistakes happen on live tv

He accidentally said Kharitanov did well in K-1 and was coming to hurt people?  That wasn't a mistake, that was shilling that he got called out on.  Nobody has ever confused Sergei Kharitanov with Alistair Overeem.

I find it hard to believe that anyone, much less Pat Miletich, would confuse Alistair Overeem and Sergei Kharitanov.  I find it much more likely that he was running loose at the mouth without really knowing how Sergei did in K-1, and then after the fact was informed it wasn't too good.

So this cock wants Miletich to say Strikeforce sucks?

LOLOLOLOL.

"I can sit here and tell you Mark Sanchez is the best QB in the history of the NFL, disprove it."

Lol at this guy not realizing this discredits his own arguments.

"The Pride 2006 OWGP had many MMA world Champs, prime Nog, prime Wand, prime Cro Cop, prime Barnett, prime Little Nog, prime Hunt, prime Yoshida...the SF tournament doesn't hold a candle to that. That is not debatable."

Thanks for your opinion. When you can seperate it from fact you'll be one step along on the road of life.

Here are some FACTS:

The 2006 OWGP had three world Champions, one was a lhw, the Strikeforce tournament has four.

The 2006 OWGP had Minowaman, Zuluzinho, 0-1 Nishijima, and James Thompson in it, and the best fighter Fedor dropped out and had to be replaced

Four of the fighters in the original OWGP are in the Strikeforce tournament which is smaller to begin with

An actual title is on the line in the Strikeforce OWGP

"prime Yoshida" Prime Yoshida was 6-3-1

See guy, looking at those facts someone might reach the opinion that the Strikeforce tournament is better.

Btw, the 2005 middleweight tournament was the best tourney ever.

This just in: announcers and commentators often use hyperbole.

Go figure that people whose job is to make an event more exciting to the viewing public would dare do such a thing!

For lessons in ridiculously hyperbolic commentary, please see Dan Dierdorf.

Why do we have only 1 vote down?

I have no problem with anyone debating Miletich's commentary, calling him a moron and other names is uncalled for.  The guy is a legend and deserves respect.

Besides, I trained with the guy and he actually showed me a neck crank that proved I could blow myself if I tried hard enough. 

lol @ Pat M talking UFC shills!!!!!!!!!!

The man KNOWS!!!!!

TTT for the Croatian Sensation!

And MMAFighting is owned by the Versus channel. Morons like Ben Fowlkes and this MDS guy are not real journalists....

Wow, what a non-event. I watched the show and althoughI did remark at the time on a couple of his comments being unnecasarily glowing, overall it was great... And ah, he is paid by them afterall.

I certainly hope so.

I like Michael David smith , but he's wrong here. Militech tells it like it is, you will never hear too many broadcasters admit the main event is a dud.

He could've said "this is just a really technical fight in the clinch", but he didn't really sugarcoat it.

Kind of curious what his examples are of Pat going overboard or being a shill. It's not like he's Gus Johnson calling every upset or KO the biggest in MMA history.

Pat's comments are hardly comparable to some of the nonsense I hear when I watch a UFC.

This article is absurd and there is nothing wrong with his commentary.

Sad how so very few on this board can discuss issues and topics such as this in MMA because they take everything so fukin personally and have their favorite fighters/analysts/etc balls halfway down their gullet.

I wouldnt have an issue if someone wanted to discuss commentators tending towards Bias during their shows. They all do it, esp when a show is live and they dont get to do re-takes. What I do have issue with, is a piss-ant (MDS) taking the time to nit pick, in a most bitchy manner, a broadcast performance and use words like "shilling" which is extremely negative to say about someone.

I guess I expected a tone of respect and class from folks in the MMA "media".

stlnl2 - I wouldnt have an issue if someone wanted to discuss commentators tending towards Bias during their shows. They all do it, esp when a show is live and they dont get to do re-takes. What I do have issue with, is a piss-ant (MDS) taking the time to nit pick, in a most bitchy manner, a broadcast performance and use words like "shilling" which is extremely negative to say about someone.

I guess I expected a tone of respect and class from folks in the MMA "media".

I'm not sure how much of his work you have read, but MDS isn't Tomas Rios just firing off insults at anyone and everyone behind the anonymity of the internet.  He raised valid points and Miletich is a great announcer, but Friday night was not his best work.