Millen confirmed Dana offered Fedor millions $

"

"Former M-1 Global employee Jerry Millen, who isn’t on the good side of his former employer or White, told MMAWeekly.com, “It was huge, huge money, and nobody is talking about how much money it was because Dana doesn’t want his guys to know what they offered Fedor to fight.  You can’t say you’ve offered a figher $4 million to $5 million to fight because of his fighters found out they would would freak out.”

“More than he’s ever made in his entire career, and more than he will ever see in the rest of his life. I’ll say this, and I haven’t said this anywhere else, millions and millions of dollars,” White confirmed.

Fedor’s representatives turned the offer down flat, wanting more concessions for M-1 Global on top of Fedor’s salary."

You heard it from Jerry Millen. Looks like Dana White wasn't lying when he said he offered Fedor millions. If it was 4-5 mil for the first fight, it probably would have been the same amount for each consecutive fight in the UFC if Fedor kept winning.

M1 Global ruined a history making fight, Lesnar vs Fedor, back in 2009 due to their own selfish reasons of wanting more money. They wanted the copromotion.

And nerve of fedor fans to blame Dana lmao.

3 Likes

https://www.mmaweekly.com/fedor-was-offered-millions-and-millions-to-fight-in-the-ufc

Cool story bro. 

MasterofMartialArts -

Cool story bro. 

thanks

1 Like

Yep and Fedor was too arrogant to take it.  There was so much arrogance on all sides back then.  Japan couldn't accept that they were squeezed out of the market and Fedor bet too high on himself.

Where is M-1 now?

Fortunately Fedor lives a humble life where the money doesn't matter.  But he would've beat the shit out of UFC heavy at that time.

Fedor reallyndid make some shit decisions after Pride.

Love Fedor, but he was used and abused.

Fedor was going to lose to Brock anyways, if I am M1 I make sure its a 3 fight guaranteed deal and if he wins 2 out of 3 it gets extended. Still M1 was shady as fuck and luckily Putin and Fedor become friends or he could still be stuck with those assholes. Slimiest group of guys in MMA (maybe 2nd to Ali).

You seriously have a weird infatuation with shitting on fedor and Bellator fighters and shilling for the UFC. We get it, “Fedor sucks and every bellatof fight is fixed”

1 Like
TAPES -

You seriously have a weird infatuation with shitting on fedor and Bellator fighters and shilling for the UFC. We get it, “Fedor sucks and every bellatof fight is fixed”

It is weird. Every post is some sort of bait, hence my first reply. 

I highly doubt that. Millen isn’t good for his word, either.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

Fedor was going to lose to Brock anyways, if I am M1 I make sure its a 3 fight guaranteed deal and if he wins 2 out of 3 it gets extended. Still M1 was shady as fuck and luckily Putin and Fedor become friends or he could still be stuck with those assholes. Slimiest group of guys in MMA (maybe 2nd to Ali).

Fedor was not going to beat Brock, true. Fedor should have just went to the UFC and taken the money and the L.

1 Like

Fedor would have destroyed Lesnar. Lesnar was too green for somebody at Fedor’s level. Look what Carwin did to Lesnar before he gassed. Fedor would have sealed the deal.

1 Like
StrikingMMA - Fedor would have destroyed Lesnar. Lesnar was too green for somebody at Fedor's level. Look what Carwin did to Lesnar before he gassed. Fedor would have sealed the deal.

Fedor was overrrated at that point in 2009.

lesnar almost died by diverticulitis months before he faced carwin

carwin stopped the lesnar takedown first

Fedor would never stop lesnar's takedown

Carwin's wrestling defense is much better than fedor's.

A green zero grappling Brett Rogers was powering out of 3 fedor sub attempts and hit Fedor with huge GnP shots. What do you think an NCAA wrestling champ in lesnar would do? Lesnar was a much better grappler than Randleman and Coleman because he actually developed his BJJ quickly. See what Lesnar did to Mir on the ground.

Fedor also got taken down by a green no grappling 2006 Mark Hunt. Hunt mounted Fedor too. If lesnar gets that position, it is over for Fedor.

Fedor didn't want Vadim Jewfenshtein taking 85% of the "millions and millions"

I'd believe it

1 Like

Aka it's Dana's fault then.

They did copromotion with Mayweather and Showtime.

Huge mistake, one of the biggest what ifs in MMA. All because of Dana's ego.

1 Like
StrikingMMA - Fedor would have destroyed Lesnar. Lesnar was too green for somebody at Fedor's level. Look what Carwin did to Lesnar before he gassed. Fedor would have sealed the deal.

pull Fedors dick out of your mouth long enough to think this was around time Brock beat Mir and Carwin and Fedor almost lost to Brett Rogers. Brock gets TD, lands in side control, pounds on Fedor, fight ends.

Carwin had TDD, Fedor not so much, For god sakes BigFoot took him down at will.

1 Like
Nytron -

Aka it's Dana's fault then.

They did copromotion with Mayweather and Showtime.

Huge mistake, one of the biggest what ifs in MMA. All because of Dana's ego.

boxing fight vs MMA when UFC had huge market share in USA, you never do co-promotion in your sport when you have that marketshare. Thats like NFL doing one with XFL, just be idiotic.

1 Like

Yes Brock would have been heavily favored, then again he was heavily on the juice, unlike Fedor.

And you never know, with Brock being afraid of being punched in the face, Fedor could have Zulu’ed him with a quick combo at any moment.