Mir plans to pull guard on Dos Santos

I don't think that would be best for him. The ufc just tweeted that's what he said he was going to try to do Phone Post

Jds 1st Rd tko Phone Post

Mir is smart enough if that was his plan he wouldn't announce it.

BlueDream - Mir is smart enough if that was his plan he wouldn't announce it.
lol this. Phone Post

wasn't he gonna stand and wang too?

Mir is gonna pull a diggstown and walk to the cage and walk out. Then have a ringer win the fight. Phone Post

dumb to say it
i think that's his best option though
maybe he wants to stand tho
jds hasn't really been tested against a striker the level of murrrr

aaroncev - dumb to say it
i think that's his best option though
maybe he wants to stand tho
jds hasn't really been tested against a striker the level of murrrr

Michael Cro Cop and Gilbert Yvel?

Mir is a much better top game jiu jitsu player, he has pulled off some subs from the bottom but also gotten his face smashed in a plenty too. This isn't 1995, and Mir's defense isn't that great. If he pulls guard JDS will probably break his face with G&P.

Makes JDS' punching him in the face even easier if Mir's trying to force a guard game.

I'm not sure he could pull guard on Jr..

It is tougher to do without looking like a fool than people think. Remember Maia trying to pull on Silva, remember Werdum trying to pull on Reem. They both ended up on their back begging for their opponent to join them.

He said last week he was gonna stand with him. Phone Post

Actually, he did.

last 30 seconds
"I think I'm going to have to go ahead and pull guard... once I get the clinch, I'm just gonna jump up, pull him down.. and while he's trying to get away I'm gonna grab an ankle and finish him."

JDS is a scary dude if you try to box it out with him. Mir (though I am sure thinks he could stand and wang) wants to take this to the ground however possible. JDS has just not been there often in big fights and I would guess Mir thinks he would have an advantage.

Don't discount Mir's kicks.

A few unchecked leg kicks and JDS's striking won't be the same. Also, soft legs are easier to take down.

IMO Mir via RNC.

nubp -

Actually, he did.

last 30 seconds
"I think I'm going to have to go ahead and pull guard... once I get the clinch, I'm just gonna jump up, pull him down.. and while he's trying to get away I'm gonna grab an ankle and finish him."

Could be legit. Could be playing opposum. Phone Post

Double reverse psychology IMO.  He's saying he will pull guard in order to make JDS think he isn't going to pull guard, then when the fight starts he will in fact pull guard.

I think hes saying hes going to pull guard so that JDS is cautious of entering any clinching situations.

better than standing in front of him like a deer in headlights.

Pulling guard is his best option, particularly early on.
This is JDS fight to lose, but 5:1 favorite? That is ridiculous.