Misconceptions as a noob about MMA

Post yours.

I started watching whenever Kimbo fought Tank Abbott in Elite XC.

I thought Kimbo could destroy Rampage and chuck... And was the greatest ever. Phone Post 3.0

I was pretty much an expert in MMA from day 1. Phone Post 3.0

trblesum13 - I was pretty much an expert in MMA from day 1. Phone Post 3.0
Lies Phone Post 3.0

Pls respond Phone Post 3.0

Before training i thought leg kicks were fluff or like just a waste of time.

Brockback Mountain - Before training i thought leg kicks were fluff or like just a waste of time.
Agreed. I didn't realize how significant they could be until I received one in the gym. Needless to say I started training them from that point forward. Phone Post 3.0

That an MMA fighter could beat Mayweather Phone Post 3.0

I thought Ken Sham was still elite, and Tito beating him meant Chuck was going to get embarrassed. Lost $20 Phone Post 3.0

Brockback Mountain - Before training i thought leg kicks were fluff or like just a waste of time.
Same. I also thought submissions were easy to get. Like when a guy was mounted i was always like "Why the fuck is he not going for the guillotine" Phone Post 3.0

Buddy of mine swore that James tony was gonna walk through Randy and move up the rankings. when randy tickled his toe and took him down I just stared at him with a shit eating grin on my face

Funny noob Phone Post 3.0

I know that's not exactly what you were asking in the op but hey it's close. Phone Post 3.0

Brockback Mountain - Before training i thought leg kicks were fluff or like just a waste of time.

Lol...that's the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title..

I remember watching Marco Ruas chop down Paul Varelens at UFC 7 when I was a senior in high school...kept thinking the big bastard had weak chicken legs...until about a year later when I ate my first one, lol...

Felt like the guy got a running start, and smacked my leg with a 2x4...gave me a new appreciation for Muay Thai...

They are adding sound effects! - when you hear guys exhale as they punch. Then not believing me when I said that was what was happening. Phone Post 3.0

"Lifting strength = strength in fighting" Phone Post 3.0

I've stated this before here but I really did think Sean MCCorkle was gonna be a force in the hW division Phone Post 3.0

Mate of mine watched his first GSP fight when he fought Hendricks after he had watched a few hype videos and stuff. Was convinced GSP would wrestle him to a decision like he did to other 'mediocre' wrestlers such as koscheck and shields. I bet him 300 bucks at least one judge will score it for Hendricks in the end.

I was happy. Phone Post 3.0

My first was robbie vs nick. Hated nick up until strikeforce because of that fight lol and also thought andrei Arlovski was just going to kill everybody Phone Post 3.0

keith hackney was going to own own royce
never have i been so wrong

Ohman a MMA fan - I've stated this before here but I really did think Sean MCCorkle was gonna be a force in the hW division Phone Post 3.0
? Phone Post 3.0

Jesus KO'd stayrad -
UGCTT_TFK_UncleSam - Mate of mine watched his first GSP fight when he fought Hendricks after he had watched a few hype videos and stuff. Was convinced GSP would wrestle him to a decision like he did to other 'mediocre' wrestlers such as koscheck and shields. I bet him 300 bucks at least one judge will score it for Hendricks in the end.

I was happy. Phone Post 3.0
Koscheck a mediocre wrestler ? He done just fine against Hendricks in that department. Phone Post 3.0
This!
Kos is not a mediocre wrestler and Shields also is not. Phone Post 3.0