misunderstanding my online ranking system....

bjj was designed for a person to use techniques that anyone can do regardless of size, age, ability. most bjj academies teach a basic technique that doesn't require certain attributes. but, overtime the student develops his own "game" using the techniques/combinations that he likes best along with his own physical attributes.

10th pjj is one person's "game".

angrypirate - bjj was designed for a person to use techniques that anyone can do regardless of size, age, ability. most bjj academies teach a basic technique that doesn't require certain attributes. but, overtime the student develops his own "game" using the techniques/combinations that he likes best along with his own physical attributes.

10th pjj is one person's "game".

This is my biggest criticism of 10th planet bjj. If JJM was like this eddie wouldn't have his game.

In an instructional this is what I want to see but not from my instructor - I want to be taught things that he doesn't use but might be applicable too me.

That plus the gi is fun, clock chokes, mount chokes & brabo chokes with the gi are awesome when I get them - about 1 in every 100 rolls.

gi is definitely fun.

@Steve_72, You might like to check out Eddies DVD there are lots of things on there that are great and can be used by people with average flexibility.

That said you should have a bjj basics down as well so you have options. In particular the half guard system can be of use to anyone.

i use some of eddies half guard stuff. its solid. the rubbguard i dont really like but some of the half guard options are nice.

Steve 73??

wtf??

this is so ridiculous.

"Before anyone becomes an affiliate they must have the 10thplanet strategy, terminology, and philosophy down. They must have at least 4 years of experience in jiu jitsu or wrestling or judo or sambo."

Ari Bolden never seriously trained BJJ, judo, wrestling or sambo, let alone for 4 years. Unless you are considering JJJ an equal grappling art to those arts (and even then there are doubts about how long he trained real JJJ).

He had his own school where he invented his own hybrid JJJ/ground work martial art (check the internet archive website or the old super-long Bolden thread on here, which has the text from those sites posted) despite never having formal, consistent grappling training. The only MA there is proof of him training long term under an actual live instructor is aikido, which seems woefully inadequate to make him a qualified instructor by the standards you set out above...

Creativity with the gi seems much more reality based than without. Imagin how much more creative "ganja" eddie could get if he let's his mind open up to all the realities and endless possibilties of the gi. Many more chokes are available,much more variants of armbars and the amount of sweeps designed with different grips are endless.Eddie your selling yourself short,with your creative(kaya)mind, you can actualy (IMO) have more material to get creative with,if you put on the gi.

keep the weed if you like!

BenJay - Getting a belt online is like paying to get sucked off by a toothless crack whore in the alley behind the dumpster, instead of investing the time and effort to get a real woman or girl.

Not that real women aren't expensive themselves....

And no disrespect meant to any women who pursue the oldest profession in the world.

Ben

LMFAO!!!

Do you really realize what a pain in the ass it is to put on then take off a gi,then have to wash that thing.

thats like as big a hassle as putting on a wetsuit. I think I'll stop surfing in the winter. Good point Randy!

I assume Eddie is trolling us, like he did with Dark Planet Catch Wrestling.

laqueus - I assume Eddie is trolling us, like he did with Dark Planet Catch Wrestling.

could be,i am 1 of the smaller fish

I hope Eddie is trolling. That would make sense of a lot of things.

There are 3 10th planet instructors that have posted on the forums in the last 6 hours or so and none of them feel like stepping in and explaining what's being asked.

Say what you will about our "gi gods" it would have been a long time before they let a Bolden incident happen. It looks like their aren't really any misunderstandings of this online ranking system after all.

- People blasted the Gracies on here after they started the online thing....

BUT my real question is, Can i walk into my "gi School" wearing my BLUE 10th planet ranking t-shirt???

Or should I just wear it while rolling with my throwing dummy.

AND can my throwing dummy get a white 10th Planet shirt without sending in a video??

Thanks in advance

Calibur1980 - I hope Eddie is trolling. That would make sense of a lot of things.

There are 3 10th planet instructors that have posted on the forums in the last 6 hours or so and none of them feel like stepping in and explaining what's being asked.

Say what you will about our "gi gods" it would have been a long time before they let a Bolden incident happen. It looks like their aren't really any misunderstandings of this online ranking system after all.

Ya know Calibur, if you'd like to add some irony to the mix, I'd bet my house that our most dominant Gi guys could take out all of the 10th PJJ guys in a NoGi competition. Can't wait to see who shows up for the trials this year, and who actually makes it through. I really hope no one from 10PJJ suffers from some sort of out of the blue injury that would keep them from competing.

I hate sounding negative, but its hard to sound anything but then when our guys are referred to as "Gi gods". At least our Gi guys still actively compete year to year (winning both Gi, AND NoGi competitions) instead of living off of a win that happened 6yrs ago.

Then to add insult to injury, at least in our community Purple Belts mean something. The instant you guys let that fraud Bolden infiltrate your community it really damaged your camps credibility.

laqueus - I assume Eddie is trolling us, like he did with Dark Planet Catch Wrestling.

nah this is brandons deal

"There are dozens of high profile jiu jitsu schools out there right now, but I get hit with advertising for the 10th planet "revolution" more than any other. "

I feel your pain, but Lloyd Irvin and his affiliates like Paul Greenhill are still well ahead as far as my spam folder goes.

BenJay - Evolution and different styles are AT THE VERY CORE of BJJ.

Every BJJ student is encouraged to find their own style.

This is why I think it is complete and utter bs to call what Eddie Bravo does an evolution of BJJ.

How can you evolve away from something that is already constantly evolving???

What 10th Planet does, is actually ENCOURAGING their students to LIMITING themselves on their set of techniques.

So it is in fact less than complete, not a real system at all.
What do you base this on?  Have you trained with them?  Eddie is very open minded.  your statement shows that you have no idea wtf you are talking about.