MixedMartialArts.com - Oliveira v Chandler: Who Ya Got?

A lightweight title fight few would have predicted just a year ago headlines UFC 262 on Saturday night, as Brazil’s Charles Oliveira (30-8, 1 no contest) and Nashville’s Michael Chandler (22-5) square off for the vacant belt at a sold-out Toyota Center in Houston.

Full story here ->>

Chandler TKO - 0:38 of the 4th round. Not that I’m trying to be specific.

1 Like

Charlie Olives…3rd round guillotine…3:33

2 Likes

Charles Oliveira via sub - 2:24 of Round 2

Chandler better not win, too old for Bellator and then 2 fights and he can be the champ of the legendary UFC LW division… Pssssh

Dana literally let him skip the line… because of Dan Hooker… Like that means something in a division of killers

1 Like

Oliveira by Sub 3:31 of the 3rd Rnd.

1 Like

i hope Olivera
Chandler has never been subbed so i hope there is a first time and he doesn’t Ko Charles

1 Like

I was initially thinking Oliveira, but I’m leaning toward Chandler at the moment.

1 Like

I saw what a top wrestler did to a top Jiu-Jitsu guy when Colby fought Maia so I’m going with Chandler.

1 Like

I remember very recently where according to many people here that Hooker was going to murder Chandler and expose him as a second rate B fighter.

Obviously, I am a Chandler homer, but this has the potential to be a great fight.

1 Like

I listened to Josh Thomson’s breakdown of the fight and he made it sound like there’s almost no chance for Oliveira to win.

But I’m hoping Charles finds a way. He’s not given enough respect for his broad range of skills by many fans.

Vegas, however, had Oliveira as a slight betting favorite as of yesterday.

I think Olivera has an advantage and the official odds are correct.

Would like to see Olivera get the belt but it wont bum me out if Chandler does.

Either way the first title defense is gonna be a banger, also.

Olivera vs Conor would be interesting but I think Dustin would smoke Olivera.

Chandler has lights out power and lots of pressure but hes starting to age and on the lighter guys they seem to usually fade all at once.

Im just glad the division is going to move again. Holding up the belt this long is bullshit.

All of CO’s losses stick out in my mind; so much so I didn’t realize he’s on a fucking tear right now. In any case, Chandler. He exudes a particular type of crazy that makes me believe he’ll win.

Olivera all the way. But he will lose to Dustin. Chandler has a better chance at beating Dustin.

This is really a fight I wish neither guy to lose. I wish they didn’t have to fight each other. I am routing for both and this is a fight where I will be dissapointed no matter the outcome.

The reason was obvious, they’re the highest ranked guys who don’t have a loss to Khabib. Poirier vs McGregor is happening because both guys want the $, and you can’t really blame them…so the only other option was Gaethje vs Oliveira, and if Gaethje wins, it looks weird because he just lost to Khabib.

No matter which guy wins, they’ll be talking about how they had the style to beat Khabib etc, and it’ll be a debate. Some will agree, some will say Khabib is still the best…but there will be a debate. If Gaethje wins, there’s no debate. He’d be wearing the belt, but we’d all KNOW he’s 2nd best.

1 Like

Oliveira 4th round sub But wouldnt be suprised to see either win

Thomson’s an idiot. Oliveira by KO.

Disagree. Charles smokes Dustin.

i don’t know if he will smoke him but i agree i think he beats Dustin.

I would love to see that.

Olivera has always surprised me since he started in UFC.

Oliveira has never fought a 5 round fight while Chandler has 4 fights that have gone the distance of 25 mins and another two fights that ended in Round 4 (won 1 and lost 1).
I feel like this is something that will play into the outcome heavily. The longer the fight goes, the more it benefits Chandler. If Oliveira can either catch Chandler with a strike early, or get him to the ground early & often he has a really good chance. Chandler is going to try push the pace and make Charlie Olives break! Whether it happens is still to be discovered.

I’m picking Chandler but believe it’s essentially a 50/50 fight

"it’s essentially a 50/50 fight”

well you are of no help

3 Likes