MMA coach gets brutally beaten by gang in front of a bar

My friends are bad ass fighters and they got jumped by a hang of Hawaiian thugs for no reason

Nothing you just typed had any validity to it. No evidence. No peer-reviewed research. Not even a YT video. You recklessly typed that all bullshit out loud without a single thought.

Who would you rather have in your side if you were fighting 3 guys? Rickson Gracie or Mike Tyson?

He doesnā€™t even have academic sources sited.

2 Likes

I withdraw all points until such time Iā€™m able to gather sufficient research and submit it through the proper channels. In the meantimeā€¦ as a gentlemanā€¦ Iā€™ve no choice but to humbly concede the argument and plea for understanding.
I briefly forgot my station.

6 Likes

Prime Cro Crap

Prime Mayhem Miller

2 Likes

The only thing Iā€™ve ever seen work in person fighting against multiple attackers was boxing and throwing hands. Ever.

And the only real world evidence Iā€™ve seen online of anyone being successful fighting against multiple attackers was boxing and throwing hands.

5 Likes

When I teach self defence the first thing I teach that the greatest self defence tool you have is your feet.

The best way to win in a self defence situation (especially against multiple attackers) is to RUN like the wind.

4 Likes

Instant kill mode would have been very useful in this particular situation

1 Like

Who you boxibg with, Balrog? He did have a mean lunging overhand rightā€¦

2 Likes

Sad to watch. BJJ is great and all, but itā€™s pretty worthless without solid striking when it comes to these type of attacks.

Wise decision.

I like your work in this thread.

1 Like

No need to sarcastic. Just sit back and bask in my correctness:

Exhibit #1: A man KOā€™s two men and punches a third man near the end. He even knocked their cigarettes out of their hands.

Exhibit #2: An old man KOā€™s two younger men by throwing hands.

Exhibit #3: A young man defends his girlfriend against two drunk ruffians.

Exhibit #4: A homeowner defends his home by throwing hands against three intruders

So on and so on

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying BJJ is useless. Iā€™m just saying itā€™s not always applicable in every situation.

3 Likes

If that is the case you have to do your best to keep all assailants in front of you and ā€œstackedā€ if possible. Look for a weapon you you can find one. Strike with intent and hurt/injure as quickly as possible. Do as much damage as you can and keep track of all the attackers if possible. Do your best to stay on your feet.

At your first opportunityā€¦RUN like the wind.

2 Likes

Iā€™d agree with the guys saying having hands is the best for this sort of situation.

We play around sometimes in sparring with two on ones or three on a ones. My boxing is my best asset for those games.

Throws too. I like to try to throw people into people when we do the three on ones. One of the best is stepping on their foot and shoving them really hard into the dude behind them. Ha.

1 Like

Yeah. Arms are the only human limb you can swing at the speed, angle, space and balance required to deal with multiple attackers. Grappling requires you to get ahold of them and put all of your focus on one person. Muay Thai would work better but in order to throw elbows or knees, you still need to be at a specific distance. In order to get a Thai plum, you need to be able to get ahold of them. To throw a kick, you need to be balanced, in control of your body, and have space.

The real answer is that youā€™re probably fucked against multiple attackers unless you have enough skill and experience to negate their numbers advantage.